Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Man. If we did get Bru, we'd not only jump aTm, but even if we lost Shep, we'd STILL outrank them, AND our average goes up. Assuming that's the last guy they add to their class, we'd get our cake and eat it as well. 

If we’re talking about ideal scenarios, Shepperd flipping to Bama would be part of it. aggy would be so sad they didn’t get a “huge head to head win” over us on top of getting passed by us in the rankings, and would have to face their constant internal conflict between walking back all the good things they said about Shep or fellating Bama.

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Man. If we did get Bru, we'd not only jump aTm, but even if we lost Shep, we'd STILL outrank them, AND our average goes up. Assuming that's the last guy they add to their class, we'd get our cake and eat it as well. 

Anyone they add just replaces Mowry or Ellison at this point, right? So I'm not sure if they actually have that much room for upside

Just now, Fud said:

Anyone they add just replaces Mowry or Ellison at this point, right? So I'm not sure if they actually have that much room for upside

Yeah but them not qualifying...doesn't that shake out way later? They'll still end up being recorded in this class even after they don't show up this summer, right?

1 minute ago, TexasToast said:

EnragedDifferentIchidna-size_restricted.

There are a lot of gorgeous women in the world. I think I never tire of Kate because she usually looks so happy. It fits with her being our mascot for good things to come. It would be such a pleasure to be the man making her smile like that. Perhaps I am too much of a romantic, but there it is. 

Just now, Fud said:

Depends if they let those guys sign. If they do, then they’ll count to the class rank even if they don’t end up making it to campus, like Chuck did with 3-4 guys every year for us. But if they’re confident neither has a chance to qualify and don’t want to waste a signature, then those guys won’t be part of their rank.

Either way, aggy has 3 or more guys in its current class that likely won’t ever play for them. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah but them not qualifying...doesn't that shake out way later? They'll still end up being recorded in this class even after they don't show up this summer, right?

They probably do, unless they sign elsewhere because A&M won't let them sign 

If we’re talking about ideal scenarios, Shepperd flipping to Bama would be part of it. aggy would be so sad they didn’t get a “huge head to head win” over us on top of getting passed by us in the rankings, and would have to face their constant internal conflict between walking back all the good things they said about Shep or fellating Bama.
Yeah, that's not a conflict for them. Those idiots actively cheer for us to lose top recruits to teams on their schedule.

You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know… morons.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Oh believe me, aggy would tout Shepperd to 'Bama as a head-to-head win over Texas.

There's never a conflict with aggy about fellating Bama, that's the option they'd choose.

"At least he didn't end up with the sips and wound up at the flagship powerhouse of the Esheeesee WHOOP!"

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I think they're going to add either the Russell TN LB or Jay Ward CB from GA. Either one would drop their ranking AND their average, but they have DIRE needs at those spots. They shouldn't be jacking with Shep at all but: Aggy -- instead they should be throwing numbers at these spots. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Christopher-Russell-46055435/

https://247sports.com/Player/Jay-Ward-46051893/

Here's their current - schollie attrition breakdown ::  

Aggy-Depth-Chart-Attritiono1232019.png

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Here’s an actual question. If bru q drops all courses now, is it like he never enrolled at sc?  And he could then enroll at Texas now or this summer,

This is actually a really good question. According to this he could still enroll up until February 6th - but not sure if that is applicable since he isn't currently a student?

But, we offered a scholarship, meaning he would have been admitted had he signed UT's LOI.

Say he were to miss the Spring registration - I'm assuming he could enroll for summer courses - but could he participate in Spring training as an early-enrollee? 

Edited by ztejas

Depends if they let those guys sign. If they do, then they’ll count to the class rank even if they don’t end up making it to campus, like Chuck did with 3-4 guys every year for us. But if they’re confident neither has a chance to qualify and don’t want to waste a signature, then those guys won’t be part of their rank.

Either way, aggy has 3 or more guys in its current class that likely won’t ever play for them. 

I think they only have room for two more guys to sign out of Mowry, Ellison, Shepherd, a corner, etc, so it would be two commits at the bottom of their 247 commit pages who didn't sign 

Just now, golfclap said:

I think they're going to add either the Russell TN LB or Jay Ward CB from GA. Either one would drop their ranking AND their average, but they have DIRE needs at those spots. They shouldn't be jacking with Shep at all but: Aggy -- instead they should be throwing numbers at these spots. 

So amazing how recruiting players to fill key holes on your roster will actually make your recruiting class be ranked lower. What a bunch of BS.

I would love to hear the behind the scenes on this whole thing from a timeline perspective. Who Bru and his family told, when, etc.  I'm all for lighting the 9.95ers on fire.  The only one that should be lit on fire is EJ for his tweet.  IMHO. 

1 minute ago, deech said:

I would love to hear the behind the scenes on this whole thing from a timeline perspective. Who Bru and his family told, when, etc.  I'm all for lighting the 9.95ers on fire.  The only one that should be lit on fire is EJ for his tweet.  IMHO. 

Just wait for Higdon's post-NSD tell-all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

So amazing how recruiting players to fill key holes on your roster will actually make your recruiting class be ranked lower. What a bunch of BS.

That's not how it generally works. It just works here because they're rated lower than Ellison and Mowry, who probably aren't qualifying 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

I think they only have room for two more guys to sign out of Mowry, Ellison, Shepherd, a corner, etc, so it would be two commits at the bottom of their 247 commit pages who didn't sign 

Good point. I’d assume Ellison is getting dropped for sure. He’s been unlikely to qualify for over a year now. Likely, their ranking will go down because their remaining targets are 3 stars outside of Shep.  As I see it, Lee, Blades, Ellison, and Mowry are all qualification risks for them.

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

So you want a 3 star corner who’s signed by an A&M to jump up to a four star merely because aggy has no corners? That’s regarded. Rankings don’t claim to take into account team need. They rank teams in terms of total talent coming in. A coach still has to manage the roster. 

Per a Bruin fan on reddit:

"He is currently a student at USC. His scholarship is currently in effect. So he would be a transfer... which is why he would have to go through the portal and sit out a year.

With that said, he could and almost definitely will try to get a waiver. Idk that it would be granted.... but it would obviously be worth a shot if Fields & Martell are trying it too."

So, he would need an NCAA Waiver to not sit in 2019. If he gets an NCAA waiver, it's going to open the floodgates at SC and dump a barrel of gasoline on that dumpster fire. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Per a Bruin fan on reddit:

"He is currently a student at USC. His scholarship is currently in effect. So he would be a transfer... which is why he would have to go through the portal and sit out a year.

With that said, he could and almost definitely will try to get a waiver. Idk that it would be granted.... but it would obviously be worth a shot if Fields & Martell are trying it too."

So, he would need an NCAA Waiver to not sit in 2019. If he gets an NCAA waiver, it's going to open the floodgates at SC and dump a barrel of gasoline on that dumpster fire

That was Mensa's 4d chess plan!

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

So, he would need an NCAA Waiver to not sit in 2019. If he gets an NCAA waiver, it's going to open the floodgates at SC and dump a barrel of gasoline on that dumpster fire. 

the timing of the kk departure would certainly open the floodgates for people in bru's exact situation/timing.  if this post is about early enrolled/nsd1 guys, especially on offense, then i agree.  i don't see how anyone already at usc would be able to use that turmoil as an excuse to get a waiver.

it's actually shocking how much positive momentum usc had right around that all-star game.  they were shooting up the rankings despite the shitshow.

13 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Good point. I’d assume Ellison is getting dropped for sure. He’s been unlikely to qualify for over a year now. Likely, their ranking will go down because their remaining targets are 3 stars outside of Shep.  As I see it, Lee, Blades, Ellison, and Mowry are all qualification risks for them.

So you want a 3 star corner who’s signed by an A&M to jump up to a four star merely because aggy has no corners? That’s regarded. Rankings don’t claim to take into account team need. They rank teams in terms of total talent coming in. A coach still has to manage the roster. 

The best part is that if they sign all 4 of those guys, they all count as counters for their 2019 class even when they don't qualify.

• Like 1