If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

Now the Yankees have to survive Verlander in Game 5 and, if they win a bullpen game in Game 6, Cole in Game 7. If they can’t, they will have played their first decade without appearing in the World Series since the 1910s.

No Corby, you weren't misled by Verducci. You're just an illiterate asshole.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/10/18/new-york-yankees-bullpen-houston-astros-alcs

Edited by Genco

I have no problem with the stars cutting the hardline short. I love hockey and hate corby. I would rather watch murder she wrote than listen to him anymore
All Corby seems to give a shit anymore is the VIP status that being radio guy affords him. It is crazy how much more engaged Mike is every time they roll a guest host in there for Corby.
  • Like 1

I have no problem with the stars cutting the hardline short. I love hockey and hate corby. I would rather watch murder she wrote than listen to him anymore
Hey I have good memories of watching Murder She Wrote with my grandparents. I have zero good memories of Corby. Too bad Greggo was a fucking addict or he'd still be a yuck monkey. And Danny would early be heard. How it should be.

Corby and Danny's take on the Amber Guyger verdict and trial was abysmal. I think Rhynes too.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

I love Bob and Dan but every show Sirois fills in on works great. Only one better at the station is Gordo who has that same ability to work with every combination of personalities (except Corby who no one sounds good with). 

Not sure he's the 2nd-best personality at the station but I do love me some Sirois, both brothers in fact.

22 hours ago, Mileslong said:

i'd normally agree with this, but not on Fridays.  i do enjoy the Friday Community Quick Hits followed by the Concert Calendar.  that's like my unofficial start to the weekend.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Corby is 100 % right about cutting away for weather alerts when there's a tornado. Rhynes and Danny crying because "it's the highest ratings of the year!" is just fucking dumb. Pop in and give the warning, then go splitscreen, run a crawl, do anything other than ignore it until commercial break. People don't usually die during a football game, they do in tornadoes.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Corby is 100 % right about cutting away for weather alerts when there's a tornado. Rhynes and Danny crying because "it's the highest ratings of the year!" is just fucking dumb. Pop in and give the warning, then go splitscreen, run a crawl, do anything other than ignore it until commercial break. People don't usually die during a football game, they do in tornadoes.

body count from last night: zero.  guess you’re wrong. 

9 hours ago, RPM said:

Rhynes and Danny crying because "it's the highest ratings of the year!" is just fucking dumb. Pop in and give the warning, then go splitscreen, run a crawl, do anything other than ignore it until commercial break. People don't usually die during a football game, they do in tornadoes.

Why would the local news cutting away from the game have any impact on the ratings from a national viewing audience? 

15 hours ago, RPM said:

Agree with this.   Danny and Mike were being idiotic.  I live right by Corby (less than half a mile west) so we were in the path as well until it veered about a mile north as it crossed 75.   When my wife's phone alarm sounded the exact words out of my mouth were "it can't be that bad, they haven't even cut into the game".    I kept watching for a few mins then finally changed to a different channel, saw the path then really started following before eventually taking shelter.  On the east side of 75, we had time so those initial few minutes weren't that crucial, but if anyone in Preston Hollow path had the same immediate reaction I did (before losing power) it could have cost them.   Regardless of all the technology available, I think we're just conditioned for anything (Cowboys included) to be interrupted if a serious event is taking place so yeah, it was an absolutely idiotic decision by NBC not to.

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with cutting into programming for tornadoes.  Even if I'm not in the area.  All the local weathermen got on their high horse though this past spring/summer when they were cutting into programming to cover fucking basic thunderstorms and people complained.  I'm fine with them being taken down a peg or two.

I don't have a problem with cutting into programming for tornadoes.  Even if I'm not in the area.  All the local weathermen got on their high horse though this past spring/summer when they were cutting into programming to cover fucking basic thunderstorms and people complained.  I'm fine with them being taken down a peg or two.

This is my problem.

We’ve turned into such a cry wolf with weather that it’s frustrating... I don’t need sports cut into for bad rain and the chance of hail, give me a notice and scroll so I can run the news on my phone or radio...

Then this past weekend was kinda the opposite, real shit is going down and I was kinda lost on it. I stream NBC sports and had no idea the news was interrupting the commercials.

And honestly that’s also my problem with the tornado sirens(as I always knew them) now get used for “high wind” or other “severe” weather and my wife gets all panicky because she like me was trained that it means a Tornado is highly likely...

11 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Ben and Skin are out at The Fan?

Seems like it. I liked the switch because I could never stand Ben and skin at all and other than Gordo segments the Gbag show is my 2nd favorite to BaD Radio in Dallas sports talk. 

Wonder if their ratings sucked or they got cross wise with management or if they just decided they don't want to do radio anymore.