All Time Winning Percentages for Every NFL Team

Vic Mackey

Also impressive how the last 20 years have lowered Cleveland's all-time winning percentage. From 1950 - 1995, the Browns went 365-261-10 (a winning percentage of around 0.570).  The NewCo Browns, 1999-2018, are 99-236-1 for a nifty 0.293.

Edited by Dutch

3 hours ago, Drew said:

Pats have come a LONG way in the last 18 years to be that high.

And jesus the Bears must have been really good for decades before the SB era.  Either that or they finish 8-8 a lot more than I realized.

and the Raiders have crashed. They had a winning % over 700 in the early 90's

30 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

One interesting thing about the cart is how the columns line up for Super bowl wins.

The last column has more Super Bowl wins (3) than the third column (2)  

Just off the top of my head, column 1 has 26 wins and column 2 has 22, right?

Too lazy to count, but if you toss in NFL Championships prior to the SB and AAFC titles, column 3 must beat column 4. Hell, you might not need AAFC titles.

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

When they moved to Tennessee, did the Titans retain their history in terms of wins and losses?

I was trying to figure that out.  The Chargers, Rams, Colts, Raiders and Cardinals have continuity through their history, whatever market they were in.  The Oilers moved to TN and count together.  Browns versions 1 and 2 share the historic record, and the Ravens are counted a new team?

1 hour ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

I was trying to figure that out.  The Chargers, Rams, Colts, Raiders and Cardinals have continuity through their history, whatever market they were in.  The Oilers moved to TN and count together.  Browns versions 1 and 2 share the historic record, and the Ravens are counted a new team?

Bullshit. There is no Oiler in Tennessee. Never was and never will be, no matter what the suits say.

Luv Ya Blue!

(Bud Adams can suck Beelzebub's dick in hell.)

• Like 2

On 2/13/2019 at 1:04 PM, Drew said:

Pats have come a LONG way in the last 18 years to be that high.

And jesus the Bears must have been really good for decades before the SB era.  Either that or they finish 8-8 a lot more than I realized.

Really.  They must have been really good before the 50s.

On 2/13/2019 at 4:56 PM, Dutch said:

Also impressive how the last 20 years have lowered Cleveland's all-time winning percentage. From 1950 - 1995, the Browns went 365-261-10 (a winning percentage of around 0.570).  The NewCo Browns, 1999-2018, are 99-236-1 for a nifty 0.293.

The real Browns would be even higher.  The Ravens are #7.

9 hours ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

One interesting thing about the cart is how the columns line up for Super bowl wins.

The last column has more Super Bowl wins (3) than the third column (2)  

Just off the top of my head, column 1 has 26 wins and column 2 has 22, right?

I have 24 for both.

Miami must've had a hell of a run from the 70s- end of the Marino era because they seem to be in that rut of 5-8 wins per year for the last 20 years(sans a yr or 2 with 11 wins)and by the make up of their roster, theyve got another 20 years to go to get out of it

Also I'd like to see where new england ranked pre brady

On 2/13/2019 at 4:00 PM, 66BUFF said:

and the Raiders have crashed. They had a winning % over 700 in the early 90's

That's right.  I remember seeing a thing on ESPN in the late 80's or very early 90's about the winningest franchises in all sports.  The Raiders were 1 and I believe the Montreal Canadiens were 2.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:
2 hours ago, markstanco said:
As a cowboys fan, this feels very aggy.

You still have no idea how to use that term. Tell me, what all time ranking of historical success do you think A&M finds itself on top of?

This is a textbook moral victory, that is how. 

7 hours ago, Underdog said:

Can’t remember Shula’s Dolphins having a losing record under his tenure, especially during the 70s. 

You must have forgotten 1976 and 1988. His only two losing record years out of 33 years.

18 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Bullshit. There is no Oiler in Tennessee. Never was and never will be, no matter what the suits say.

Luv Ya Blue!

(Bud Adams can suck Beelzebub's dick in hell.)

Well, they were the Tennessee Oilers in 1997 and 1998...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Tennessee_Titans#/media/File:Tennesseeoilersinauguralpatch.png

Edited by n64ra
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Damn never knew he was that impressive.

How many losing seasons did Lombardi and Landry have in comparison?

Landy had some pretty shitty seasons. Lost every game in 1960 except for a tie! I count 8 losing seasons out of 29.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/LandTo0.htm

Lombardi never a losing season in 10 years.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/LombVi0.htm

Edited by n64ra
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Miami must've had a hell of a run from the 70s- end of the Marino era because they seem to be in that rut of 5-8 wins per year for the last 20 years(sans a yr or 2 with 11 wins)and by the make up of their roster, theyve got another 20 years to go to get out of it

Also I'd like to see where new england ranked pre brady

Honestly the biggest surprise on that list from my viewpoint was Miami as well, they've been bad to mediocre for several decades. They had a good season under Sparano and Gase, but that was about it from what I can recall.

Edited by Chad

On 2/13/2019 at 2:47 PM, Monty86 said:

Shit how about the Cards?  Those fuckers have been around for damn near a century.

And why are the Giants listed ahead of Denver?

The first Bidwell was a good owner and the Chicago Cardinals won the championship right after he died. It has been one long shitshow under his descendants. I would feel bad for Card fans if there were such a thing. 

On 2/13/2019 at 4:03 PM, Underdog said:

I remember that being Al Davis’ pitch about the Raiders being the winningest team in the NFL, was cherrypicking his years, IIRC. 

at one time, the Raiders had the highest regular season winning percentage of all the major sports. This was in the 1980s when I was a fan of Marcus Allen & crew. 

1 hour ago, n64ra said:

Landy had some pretty shitty seasons. Lost every game in 1960 except for a tie! I count 8 losing seasons out of 29.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/LandTo0.htm

Lombardi never a losing season in 10 years.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/LombVi0.htm

Landry got to start an expansion franchise in 1960. Tends to lead to some poor records. 

Jimmy lost all but one game his first year too, maybe that’s the secret. 

21 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Landry got to start an expansion franchise in 1960. Tends to lead to some poor records. 

Jimmy lost all but one game his first year too, maybe that’s the secret. 

You are right when answering the question 'why was their record so and so?'  The question I answered was what was their coaching records.