$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

Shockingly as usual the 9.95ers don't know their own damn business.  IT will be hurt significantly by this.

As for Bobby and Gerry?  They'll probably come out ahead.  The mob loves someone with a personality.  Bobby comes off as genuine and having a good time.  The mob will continue to watch him and follow his show because he is entertaining and doesn't act like what he is covering such a serious endeavor....nor does he take himself too serious.  Gerry is the perfect bit of seriousness and knowledge to go with Bobby.  They'll be fine.... heck in the current longhorn environment they might become bigger without their association with IT.

Nailin et al will suffer.

20 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I've known Ray for the better part of what, 40+ years?  He was a great kid when he matriculated to the good guys and remains so today.  He knows more than most of us on here.  He's smart with a dry sense of humor and a good soul.  I for one very much hope he keeps working with OTF.

Hey, asshole, you’re not supposed to tell everyone how old I am. 

Spoiler

🤣Thanks, brother! 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

So what went down behind the scenes? Are there lawyers involved? Did Eric blow things up by wanting some of Bobbie’s pie? Did Gerry get pissed at Eric? How long is Gerry under contract for?

I don’t know anything about anything, other than I want absolutely nothing to do with something called “Bobbie’s pie.” And Huck, I hate me too sometimes. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

Shockingly as usual the 9.95ers don't know their own damn business.  IT will be hurt significantly by this.

As for Bobby and Gerry?  They'll probably come out ahead.  The mob loves someone with a personality.  Bobby comes off as genuine and having a good time.  The mob will continue to watch him and follow his show because he is entertaining and doesn't act like what he is covering such a serious endeavor....nor does he take himself too serious.  Gerry is the perfect bit of seriousness and knowledge to go with Bobby.  They'll be fine.... heck in the current longhorn environment they might become bigger without their association with IT.

Nailin et al will suffer.

Agreed, Bobby already doesn't have to work another day in his life. He is doing it bc he genuinely loves the Horns and reporting on them. Anyone following recruiting knows Gerry has been a hard working SOB for years, but it was nice getting to hear his personality/humor coming through on YouTube. 

Echoing what's already been said, hopefully, GH moving to regional coverage let's him back on OTF. I probably won't listen to OTF in the off-season unless it's for certain guests, but I was enjoying the daily coffee and football in season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If so, I don't know how IT can think this moves the needle for them in a positive way. 

this really is a failure from IT. the only thing i can find about him is from an article that IT put out, then edited that had his name in it and then deleted. way to promote the guy fellas. the guy had to do his own sizzle reel to say who he is because you couldn't be bothered to do the absolute minimum of putting out an article with who he is? great job guys. really pushing your new folks.

edit: side note, but Wells, the IT account, and Joe Cook all RT'd this video. guess who didn't lol why didn't you guys post this from the main account?

some weird site cached this:

image.png.2834cd1b1a4118c017b30a191891b0c5.png

and the story now says this:

image.png.3a64ff01d921f2220008b32afac8ce35.png

how those guys can consistently be so shitty at self promotion kills me...

if you want to see something funny, here is what happens when you search inside texas youtube lol

image.thumb.png.8bb27510f5836eb9c16e9a0d9493cb82.png

to be fair, youtube is a pretty new platform. it's only been around 18 years, so there is still time for it to fail or not really be successful

i thought they hadn't even parked their own website's name because of how new the account was:

image.png.dbaa3db74e3ba785d0081bc3e6dd0bc2.png

BUT i was wrong. those dudes had an old account, then lost access to it at some point - last video is from 11 years ago and is A'Shawn Robinson video from The Opening

image.png.0835f0aee18ff9a6c704daea87f50576.png

i don't think they could be worse at this if they tried.

just imagine running an actual website in 2023 for your full time job, and not having your own youtube channel, even a parked on...they park their username at tiktok and this clown got the name. they haven't parked insidetexasfootball either. if this was 10 years ago id' just take it and snip Gerry and Burton clips and share it there.

image.png.0f09de1ff2c1b4e99c8f50b10a7f1769.png

so they have been around for a long time, haven't parked the tiktok account name and lost access to their old youtube account but never even parked the name for a new one until this split.

they haven't parked the name on blue sky either, and i have access codes. shit, maybe i should park it for them and post dumb shit under their name or just create an eric nahlin username there.

again, its 2023. this is BASIC STUFF for a website that is reliant on subscribers.

to top it off, these idiots split with a guy and don't even take the time to go through the links on their website to actually scrub it of all things Bobby. here is what happens when you click on "about" then "podcasts" on their site

image.thumb.png.06eb6af6c7d401e736b5313f940f1fe1.png

Oh No Omg GIF by WWE

imagine doing this for a living for how many years, and being this bad at your job as "managing partner" lol

none of this is to shit on the new guy, i hope he does great.

it just shows how fundamentally shitty they are at the very top. maybe some of their investors should push their "managing partner" to be better at his job.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

I cancelled my IT sub but I have checked in (since it won't not renew until January) to follow the secession crisis, and it seems like Gerry leaving has galvanized the others to pump more articles and do their jobs. 

Maybe it's just a perceptual thing but it seems like even the Moderator thread titles instantly became really boring and uninteresting. I also canceled starting January.

5 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

LOL! I guess I'm not the only person who thinks it's weird that's she the go-to authority expert on the CFP for ESPN.

Yeah, but you think it's weird that your wife, who you met on your own message board, gets upset that she has to mop between your fat folds weekly and inexplicaly meets girlfriends for wine nights 6 nights a week, without seeing the connection. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

45 minutes ago, Sabalo said:

Watching last night's live stream and it seem's like @Bad Host is getting the hang of the OTF thing. Hook"em.

He's been perfectly fine with it this whole time. Go watch some of the ones before last night and he wasn't any different. He's basically the host to read questions and move the discussion along. 

Just a few surly dipshits had to run their mouth running the guy down for no good reason until he shows up here and the cowards backtrack immediately. Fucking hilarious

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

He's been perfectly fine with it this whole time. Go watch some of the ones before last night and he wasn't any different. He's basically the host to read questions and move the discussion along. 

Just a few surly dipshits had to run their mouth running the guy down for no good reason until he shows up here and the cowards backtrack immediately. Fucking hilarious

Hermanator, I sincerely appreciate the support, but we’re all good. I’ve certainly taken shots at other people over the years, so it’s probably just karma. And I did do three shows with Covid and had a few others really screwed up by shitty/laggy internet service, so yeah, along with being human, I’ve certainly probably been ass on occasion. I had a brain fart on Jordan Shipley’s name last week… the guy was here 20 years… so if I was tuning in for that, I’d also think I didn’t know anything. 

Regarding last night and to @Sabalo ‘s point (thank you, by the way), it was the first time I wasn’t the host, so I did take on more of an active role in the discussion, so I was perhaps more engaged. I still f’ed up, for some reason saying “knee” when I have a photographic memory of VY getting his ANKLE bent to hell as a redshirt freshman. I guess when you’re reacting on the fly for 70 minutes, dumb shit sometimes comes out. Rod Babers was killing it last night, and Blake is a nice guy.

(Not that anyone cares, but I swap out two iPads for my Surly/web surfing, and the “Bad Host” profile is still logged into this one, so I’m responding as the real me, but will probably shut it down for the most part unless someone asks something with which I can help. Am I the only dummy who ever had to create a “sock” for their real self? 😂)

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bad Host said:

Not that anyone cares, but I swap out two iPads for my Surly/web surfing, and the “Bad Host” profile is still logged into this one, so I’m responding as the real me, but will probably shut it down for the most part unless someone asks something with which I can help. Am I the only dummy who ever had to create a “sock” for their real self? 😂)

@35dimes

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2023 at 9:51 AM, RollingPresidential said:

They've been friends since the Barking Carnival days. Not sure what happened to McClyde (who posts on IT) or Nickel Rover (Jason something, forgot his name). Bitterwhiteguy and Drew Dunlevie (Sailor Ripley) were the other ones I think. 

I’ve been off of longhorn boards for a while. Is Nahlin jesus shuttlesworth and/or trips left?