Things you're a little bit embarrassed to admit

Hanrahan

4 hours ago, Pokoloco said:

I went to a consignment shop yesterday to buy clothes for my son's court date.. That may be the most okie, white trash thing I've ever done.

As long as the consignment duds and your son's face and hair are reasonably clean, the judge won't give a shit.  I saw a lady judge send a guy home to get his nasty ass cleaned up and change clothes, made him wait when he got back to the end of the docket, then threw the book at him.  It's a respect thing.

I’m not handy at all. Like, at all. I can’t fix anything. I’m also not proficient at changing tires. I mean, I’ve watched my buddy change mine before and I’m sure with google I could do it, but I’m not all confident I could if my tire were to blow out on the interstate

I doubt you’re the only poster here that can’t change a flat.

10 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I’m not handy at all. Like, at all. I can’t fix anything. I’m also not proficient at changing tires. I mean, I’ve watched my buddy change mine before and I’m sure with google I could do it, but I’m not all confident I could if my tire were to blow out on the interstate

Take it to the “Things you’re WILDLY embarrassed to admit” thread.

I’m sure I could figure it out if it were at home under no pressure. But on the side of a highway with a tiny shoulder, I would just call AAA
Yep. Especially if the wheel is on the side closest the road. I see people changing tires and they are dangerously close to the road where cars are flying by them. Just lying there like it's nothing.

12 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Not even embarrassed that I call my best friend or my dad when I have car trouble.

• Like 1

Assuming, of course, that it isn't loosening/tightening 5-8 lug nuts that befuddles you.

How’s the pneumonic go? Lefty is anticlockwise in Australia which, wait no they’re Southern Hemisphere so Coriolis inertia will be backwards, carry the 1, car is German so that’ll be ISO threads not UTS...

Womancalculatingbefuddlement.jpeg
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Llano Estacado said:

How’s the pneumonic go? Lefty is anticlockwise in Australia which, wait no they’re Southern Hemisphere so Coriolis inertia will be backwards, carry the 1, car is German so that’ll be ISO threads not UTS...

Womancalculatingbefuddlement.jpeg

pneumonic?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Hi, EJ!

4 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I know jack fuck about cars, makes or models, just never got into them.  The same goes for tools and such.  I pay professionals to come do shit around the house. 

Cars for sure. I am pretty worthless outside of oil changes and light bulb type maintenance. Damn shame also because my dad and uncle were mechanics but it just never interested me. My little brother is the car guy

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

As long as the consignment duds and your son's face and hair are reasonably clean, the judge won't give a shit.  I saw a lady judge send a guy home to get his nasty ass cleaned up and change clothes, made him wait when he got back to the end of the docket, then threw the book at him.  It's a respect thing.

We handled the clothes for him, the other 2 things could be a problem.  I have no idea how his sperm won the race. Sweet Jesus.

14 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I'm with you. I used to be able to change tires like a champ.  No problem at all.  But slowly, the jacks changed and suddenly I have no idea how to make it work.   And my current car, that i have had since 2011, has no spare anyway, so it's no longer an issue except that I can't help friends or people in distress like I used to.