Things you're a little bit embarrassed to admit

Hanrahan

I’m thinking about taking a break from College Football. Seriously 

I’m gonna take a serious NFL break because the Cowboys have finally pushed me over the edge. Can’t fucking stand them right now but I don’t have the ability to just pick another team at random and jump on a bandwagon. I’ll follow the headlines and might watch if there’s literally nothing else to do, but I’m not going to save any part of my Sundays to that train wreck for a while.

I’ve come to realize that when UT wins it makes me feel good but not overjoyed, so why should losing make me feel like shit?  I’m ten years older than the players now.  I feel bad for them, but there’s not much reason for me to feel bad for myself.
The only thing about a college football loss you should take personal is the travel time back to your house, especially if it's 5+ hours driving one way and you're treated with a performance like yesterday's. Then you can be mad extra longer

Also mentioned in the What Makes you Surly thread. But here goes.

I yelled at a kid in the park and made him cry.

It was probably too harsh, but he was being a shithead and bullying my kids. The entire time, his dad was sitting 10’ away and completely oblivious because his nose was buried in his smartphone.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
15 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:
I’ve come to realize that when UT wins it makes me feel good but not overjoyed, so why should losing make me feel like shit?  I’m ten years older than the players now.  I feel bad for them, but there’s not much reason for me to feel bad for myself.

The only thing about a college football loss you should take personal is the travel time back to your house, especially if it's 5+ hours driving one way and you're treated with a performance like yesterday's. Then you can be mad extra longer

Yeah that makes sense.

3 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I knew you fuckers were pussies.  I've been dealing with this shit for twice as long and I'm still fucking N.  No wonder your teams sucks with y'alls attitude.

You’ve had 2 seasons in the past 10 years where you won less than 9 games. You haven’t been dealing with shit. In fact, the only thing you have been dealing with is delusional expectations. If you want to back 20 years, it’s only an additional 4 years of less than 9 wins. So in 20 years, you have had 6 subpar seasons. We have 1 fucking season in 8 years where we have sniffed 9 wins. Im not asking for a championship, just 8 wins, which includes beating a bottom feeder Big 10 team. 

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

You’ve had 2 seasons in the past 10 years where you won less than 9 games. You haven’t been dealing with shit. In fact, the only thing you have been dealing with is delusional expectations. If you want to back 20 years, it’s only an additional 4 years of less than 9 wins. So in 20 years, you have had 6 subpar seasons. We have 1 fucking season in 8 years where we have sniffed 9 wins. Im not asking for a championship, just 8 wins, which includes beating a bottom feeder Big 10 team

well, since nebby isn't on the schedule, that can't happen

I've been wiping my own ass successfully for over 50 years.  I'm really good at it.  Until yesterday.

So I'm finished, and I get some toilet paper folded in my hand, then somewhere along the journey it drops into the toilet.  I don't notice that finer detail until my first wipe results in fudge-dipped fingers.  I somehow managed to finish wiping and get my pants up and zipped with one hand.

Spare me the bidet recommendations or early-onset dementia diagnosis.  I just needed to come clean.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, TK421 said:

Same with me, I like the salad fork instead of the dinner fork as well.

This is so wrong.  I posted on here or Shaggy that I wish I could buy flatware without salad forks or dessert spoons, although I can tolerate dessert spoons... for desert.  Salad forks feel like kids' utensils to me.

I’m gonna take a serious NFL break because the Cowboys have finally pushed me over the edge. Can’t fucking stand them right now but I don’t have the ability to just pick another team at random and jump on a bandwagon. I’ll follow the headlines and might watch if there’s literally nothing else to do, but I’m not going to save any part of my Sundays to that train wreck for a while.

Was one of the biggest Cowboy fans ever. Never missed a game for 20+ years. Two years ago Jerry and Jason finally pushed me over the edge. Ive missed many games since then, watched only parts of several others, and found that i really didn’t care about them anymore. It was a shock because I thought I wouldn’t be able to shake that addiction. It’s been super easy. The NFL is incredibly boring and lacks innovation. Note that I don’t gamble and don’t play fantasy football anymore. If I did, I’d still be addicted.
  • Like 2

My property has a couple of creeks that border it making it fun for neighborhood kids to explore (I would've had a blast as a kid down there). Anyway, local kids come around all the time. Most are polite but some ride their bikes through my lawn and leave trash. I found a couple of new young flunkies playing around down there and asked them nicely to no longer ride their bikes on my lawn (which they complied with) and don't leave anything on my property. Two days later, i find a really cool chain ladder that they had fixed to a tree to scale down the slope into the creek. I got middle aged man ragey and tossed that bitch.

I've been wiping my own ass successfully for over 50 years.  I'm really good at it.  Until yesterday.
So I'm finished, and I get some toilet paper folded in my hand, then somewhere along the journey it drops into the toilet.  I don't notice that finer detail until my first wipe results in fudge-dipped fingers.  I somehow managed to finish wiping and get my pants up and zipped with one hand.
Spare me the bidet recommendations or early-onset dementia diagnosis.  I just needed to come clean.
You should get a bidet and change your life
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
22 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

You should get a bidet and change your life

Holey shit.....

I damn near walked out of the house today wearing two completely different non-matching shoes on. Happened to look down at the last minute.

I made it all the way to the office one time with two different (but similar) shoes. I noticed as I walked into the lobby and turned right around to avoid embarrassment.

12 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I made it all the way to the office one time with two different (but similar) shoes. I noticed as I walked into the lobby and turned right around to avoid embarrassment.

I have gone a whole day with a polo shirt on inside out.  Got home and thought, "thats why I have been uncomfortable all day".  

(a lot of the day I had a light coat, or hi-vis on)

I've never been hunting and it's been about 30 years since I watched an NFL game.  I hear the term "fantasy football" but I honestly don't know how it works.  I do love fishing and get to about 10 Longhorn games a year.  

I've never been hunting and it's been about 30 years since I watched an NFL game.  I hear the term "fantasy football" but I honestly don't know how it works.  I do love fishing and get to about 10 Longhorn games a year.  

Fantasy football refers to Texas fans dreaming about an 8 win season
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

In the past few years, it has become more common for my ball sack to touch the water in the toilet when I'm taking a shit.  I may have developed oldmansaggyball syndrome.

Or your water level is at the rim, might want to check your tank setup. 

• Haha 1