Things you're a little bit embarrassed to admit

Hanrahan

35 minutes ago, Buffsoldier said:

My daughter's had some issues in class lately.  Sorta documented in another thread.  I just got an email from her teacher saying she's seen definite improvement in her focus and concentration in class.  Teacher has "seen her trying a lot harder and caring about the work she does in school".

I've been sitting here at my desk crying for the last 5 minutes.  So proud of that kid.  A little embarrassed about it, but goddamn proud too.  No apologies for that.

Eh, shouldn't be embarrassed about that. Just be sure and tell her how feel when you see her. Try and hold back the tears then, tough guy.

On 10/28/2018 at 7:04 AM, Planet Houston said:

I just saw Stepbrothers for the first time this week on an international flight. Not because I purposely was holding out or anything, I just hadn’t gotten around to it. 

And I hope it was the transformative experience it should have been.  Best movie of this millenium.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:14 AM, mulletpelini said:

I awoke at 4 am last night, flipping around the channels I found "Serendipity" playing on HBO.  I watched the whole fucking thing and I would watch it again.  

13 hours ago, After irth said:

So gay.  And so cool.  Just sayin.  NTTAWWT.....

Yep4

2 hours ago, Buffsoldier said:

My daughter's had some issues in class lately.  Sorta documented in another thread.  I just got an email from her teacher saying she's seen definite improvement in her focus and concentration in class.  Teacher has "seen her trying a lot harder and caring about the work she does in school".

I've been sitting here at my desk crying for the last 5 minutes.  So proud of that kid.  A little embarrassed about it, but goddamn proud too.  No apologies for that.

Not embarrassing in the least. Like Tony Soprano said, "When it comes to daughters, all bets are off."

Edited by lateshow
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Lulz.  Very rarely.  2-3x a week with a wife that is 7 years younger and I'm good.  

Exactly, you're married to a younger woman and still having to beat off 2-3 times a week so imagine all us guys who didn't dip into the middle school pool.

17 hours ago, DougO said:

A little while ago I carefully and skillfully pulled up to the gas pump...on the wrong friggin' side of the car. I don't know where that came from. I don't drive any cars that fill on the other side. I blame Jerry Jones.

That's what that little arrow on your gas gauge is for.

imgur

I remember in the past, they didn't have the arrows on some cars. If you looked at the gas pump pic, you would know what side it was on. If the gas pump hose was on the right, your gas tank hole was on the left. So, if the hose was on the left, your hole was on the right. I guess even that was too confusing for some, so I guess they had to put the arrow on the pics so women could figure it out.

23 hours ago, DougO said:

A little while ago I carefully and skillfully pulled up to the gas pump...on the wrong friggin' side of the car. I don't know where that came from. I don't drive any cars that fill on the other side. I blame Jerry Jones.

I only fill up my car maybe every 4 weeks so I do this...a lot.

• 2 months later...
I remember in the past, they didn't have the arrows on some cars. If you looked at the gas pump pic, you would know what side it was on. If the gas pump hose was on the right, your gas tank hole was on the left. So, if the hose was on the left, your hole was on the right. I guess even that was too confusing for some, so I guess they had to put the arrow on the pics so women could figure it out.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I like Hamburger Helper... Tomato Basil Penne, Beef Stroganoff, Beef Pasta, and even the “Lasagna” flavor. If I’m feeeling fancy, I’ll throw some extra seasoning like Costco Rustic Tuscan.

I’m not the least bit embarrassed to admit it.

https://youtu.be/bkExpbnjsX8 

Edited by NWBuck
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, elfenix said:

i wash and reuse the small aluminum trays from HEB meal simple.  make my own herb butter salmon with green beans. 

If this post was on the Food board then I would have neg'd you for not posting pictures

(then again I used to post Neg Rep Friday threads on another board, because I find it funny how people get worked up about internet points & rep)

On 1/13/2019 at 10:57 PM, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I like Hamburger helper but it's considered ghetto and looked down upon, right? 

Well, my Hello Fresh came in last week with a dish called something fancy like One-pot-creamy-mexican-skillet or something. Dice up the green peppers and onions, I prepare a nice Valentino crema, brown some ground beef, add some beef stock, tomato paste, noodles into one skillet.....wait a minute! I'm making Middle-Class Hamburger Helper for dollars on the penny!

Okay den.

Yeah, I'm the odd one.