Texas @ Stanford series

TheBryMan81

Just got back to the hotel and I have two tree three things to note. 

There were more Longhorn fans than tree.

I don't know what the hell people are talking about, the nike swoosh in chrome looked fantastic during the night game. 

This team has no quit whatsoever.

FUCKING AWESOME!

Edited by petscii
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, petscii said:

Just got back to the hotel and I have two tree three things to note. 

There were more Longhorn fans than tree.

I don't know what the hell people are talking about, the nike swoosh in chrome looked fantastic during the night game. 

This team has no quit whatsoever.

FUCKING AWESOME!

Can’t wait for the Saturday and Sunday games when we will be there! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Goodman said:

Love watching us win at sunken diamond, had to mute the stanford dorks on the feed.

I laughed when the one guy said he’d never “played at this level” followed up by “I’ve never played at any level”. 

Late night .. really late on the east coast. But, not a single complaint (other than maybe McCann’s lackadaisical attempts to block pitches in the dirt ... geezus, bring in someone to teach him!). 

Madden was poised and determined. He pitched well beyond his age and experience. Another potentially great young arm for now and future. 

I believe the Stanford stream guys are college guys unpaid for the broadcast, outside of working for the station for college credit.

I'd take that over some indifferent former MLB dipwad who takes every chance to talk about his playing days versus talking about the game he is calling.

Completely spoiled by the Texas radio and LHN team(s).  Yes even, Galindo.

24 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Late night .. really late on the east coast. But, not a single complaint (other than maybe McCann’s lackadaisical attempts to block pitches in the dirt ... geezus, bring in someone to teach him!). 

Madden was poised and determined. He pitched well beyond his age and experience. Another potentially great young arm for now and future. 

The loss of Hamilton and Petrinsky has been felt.   I believe both Kennedy Reagan and McCann will only improve as the season progresses.  

Edited by petscii

14 minutes ago, petscii said:

I believe the Stanford stream guys are college guys unpaid for the broadcast, outside of working for the station for college credit.

I'd take that over some indifferent former MLB dipwad who takes every chance to talk about his playing days versus talking about the game he is calling.

Completely spoiled by the Texas radio and LHN team(s).  Yes even, Galindo.

Yes, LHN is amazing for UT baseball and softball.  It will be a sad day when it is eventually shelved.   

Edited by bschoolprof

5 minutes ago, petscii said:

The loss of Hamilton and Petrinsky has been felt.   I believe both Kennedy and McCann will only improve as the season progresses.  

I assume you meant Reagan rather than Kennedy.

Good teams have to be strong up the middle and right now, we’re weak at two of the three. IMO, Reagan just has to settle down and McCann needs to work on mechanics. 

12 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Yes, LHN is amazing for UT baseball.  It will be a sad day when it is eventually shelved.   

It's the only reason I carry LHN past the football season.

They shelve it and I shelve them without a flinch.

Yes this series is good reminder how great LHN is inspite of Galindo.   I gave up trying to watch the stream since I already have shitty satellite service where I live.

Winning opening game on the road in the 9th against a quality opponent gets us off to great start.  

This is my favorite series every year and usually serves is good indicator for both teams chances to get CWS.

41 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Yes this series is good reminder how great LHN is inspite of Galindo.   I gave up trying to watch the stream since I already have shitty satellite service where I live.

Winning opening game on the road in the 9th against a quality opponent gets us off to great start.  

This is my favorite series every year and usually serves is good indicator for both teams chances to get CWS.

Isn't there some weird stat about how our result against Stanford correlates to how far we go in postseason? 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Isn't there some weird stat about how our result against Stanford correlates to how far we go in postseason? 

Let's see....in the years we made the national championship game/series:

In 2002: We went 1-2 at Stanford

In 2004: We went 1-2 at Stanford

In 2005: We went 3-0 at home

In 2009: We went 2-1 at Stanford

So there doesn't seem to be a correlation.

• Like 1

So let me get this straight...we sweep #1 LSU, take game 1 from Stanford (on the road), win 2 of 3 from an always tough Louisiana team, take 3 of 4 from a Big 10 school and Texas has an RPI of 39 and a SOS of 98? Yale, UCNG, William & Mary, Wright State, SHSU (who we beat),  Georgia Southern, and Gardner Webb all ranked ahead of us? What am I missing?

giphy.gif

Just now, CowtownHorn said:

So let me get this straight...we sweep #1 LSU, take game 1 from Stanford (on the road), win 2 of 3 from an always tough Louisiana team, take 3 of 4 from a Big 10 school and Texas has an RPI of 39 and a SOS of 98? Yale, UCNG, William & Mary, Wright State, SHSU (who we beat),  Georgia Southern, and Gardner Webb all ranked ahead of us? What am I missing?

giphy.gif

It'll all come out in the wash.  

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Let's see....in the years we made the national championship game/series:

In 2002: We went 1-2 at Stanford

In 2004: We went 1-2 at Stanford

In 2005: We went 3-0 at home

In 2009: We went 2-1 at Stanford

So there doesn't seem to be a correlation.

I coulda sworn there was something about it last time we played them, but who knows.  I think it had to do with making the CWS, not going to the champ game.

Edited by Js1

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

Yes, LHN is amazing for UT baseball and softball.  It will be a sad day when it is eventually shelved.   

Don't really know the economic feasability or costs, but could we potentially bring it in house.  We do seem to have a shitload of money

2 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Don't really know the economic feasability or costs, but could we potentially bring it in house.  We do seem to have a shitload of money

I mean we already have a studio and everything and we only ever film events on campus. How expensive could it be after all the legwork has already been done? Though I guess that is easy for me to say. But yeah hopefully the LHN is forever even if Disney bails or whatever.

Edited by Valmy77

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean we already have a studio and everything and we only ever film events on campus. How expensive could it be after all the legwork has already been done? Though I guess that is easy for me to say. But yeah hopefully the LHN is forever even if Disney bails or whatever.

4 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

We need to.

It's such a game changer in selling to recruits and other students.

Want to go into broadcasting, sports reporting or TV production after graduation? WE HAVE A FUCKING NETWORK THAT FOCUSES ON THIS!   Our on-air talent should be used for graduates before being gobbled up by the networks.  Build a base of UT alum throughout the sports broadcasting and reporting world.

• Like 1

Yeah I would love for that to be a pipeline and opportunity for our RTF students/grads. Though they need to perform up to professional levels, this isn't baby's first TV job...like those Stanford guys.

Edited by Valmy77