ITC terminal fire

FartingMonk

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I think they learned to film from a little further back after the old Mykawa Road train explosion  (1:28):

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 4

There is just a little bit of sarcasm there, right?

It goes deeper turns out one of their subsidiaries MOEX made a billion dollar payment to BP a few years back. It made the papers. But upon digging more they’re in bed with the Russians on Sakhalin island. The French, Total S.A! ENI! The Brazilians!

What else aren’t they telling us!?

Everyone and their mom is on site.  Not enough parking for equipment.  That might be the next issue with the dike breach is a fucking bottleneck and not being able to back equipment out.  If I were a smart man I'd buy into firefighting equipment stock and prevention.  There is going to be a long hard look over this

11 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Everyone and their mom is on site.  Not enough parking for equipment.  That might be the next issue with the dike breach is a fucking bottleneck and not being able to back equipment out.  If I were a smart man I'd buy into firefighting equipment stock and prevention.  There is going to be a long hard look over this

You just woke up the boys and girls at Ferrara Fire Apparatus over on I10 in LA.

No doubt the Deer Park 1st response team will have some new toys after this is over.  That's normally a part of the fines and settlement in things like this.  Local response teams get newer/better equipment as part of the community and regulatory payout. 

Edited by Reagan1k

30 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

You just woke up the boys and girls at Ferrara Fire Apparatus over on I10 in LA.

No doubt the Deer Park 1st response team will have some new toys after this is over.  That's normally a part of the fines and settlement in things like this.  Local response teams get newer/better equipment as part of the community and regulatory payout. 

Yeah.  Our ladder truck our quick attack and our ranger was the first ones on scene.  They gone.  

Shell just bought a brand new top of the line apparatus.  It's gone. 

Probably a few more today too. 

That smoke is directly over a lot of rich people. Corporations can get away with fucking over the poor, but if there ends up being health issues stemming from this, the area covered by that cloud can and will railroad them in court.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Dude it's from downtown with downtown in the distance....mind blown 

I used to work in the Wells Fargo building downtown and had a good view of the Galleria. We had some visitors from Ohio or some shithole and one of them asked me while looking out the window, "that's downtown Austin, right?"

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

That smoke is directly over a lot of rich people. Corporations can get away with fucking over the poor, but if there ends up being health issues stemming from this, the area covered by that cloud can and will railroad them in court.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A lot of rich people who got rich working in the business that’s smoking them out 

3 minutes ago, Player said:

So no toxins in the plume? Xylene and Toluene aren’t toxic if they are burned?

Not a chemist, so I don’t know. But the comparison to smoke that you’d find in an ordinary backyard fire seemed disingenuous.

Folks use kerosene heaters and they ain't never caused no dain bramage and they ain't never caused no dain bramage.

• Like 3

Just talked to a buddy who is on one of the fire boats, said don’t listen to what the news is saying, he said it’s gonna burn the whole tank farm before it goes out,I asked him to send some pics when he had some down time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just watched the noon update with Hidalgo, Turner and crew.  She's in a little over her head. Wow.  Like, you know, right?

I know she's got people around her to provide information and help her make informed decisions as any governmental seat of power does but she looks scared (can't blame her) and doesn't seem real confident.  Nice way to start a gig. 

Hey!  You won the election......BOOM!!!  Furk.

22 minutes ago, thestud said:

There’s your ERG listing for Toluene and Xylene. Notice at the bottom of both it says “fire will produce toxic, irritating and/or corrosive gases”.

Well, tomorrow's enchilada day, so stay out of my office unless you want some toxic, irritating and/or corrosive gases.