ITC terminal fire

FartingMonk

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Won't a good bit of that lift once it warms up a little? I'd imagine that it will be bad in the mornings for a while but not too terribly long though there's probably always going to be a lingering aroma.

The problem is that there is almost no wind.   The fumes are just sitting there and moving/dissipating very slowly.

4 minutes ago, Xian said:

Where you seeing this?  That’s way over the allowable limit 

You seem shocked that after a gajillion gallons of petrol products got loose that readings are a bit wonky in the area. I would be surprised if they weren't off the charts.

10 hours ago, Llano Estacado said:

Benzene burger?
Redfish - Pasadena sauce?
Naptha nachos?
Ship Cannel Sampler platter?

I do recommend pipeliner grill over on Spencer, if you find your way onto that side of town.  There’s also like 5 Casa Oles in about a 10 mile radius. Winning. 

Edited by fattyflattie

I do recommend pipeliner grill over on Spencer, if you find your way onto that side of town.  There’s also like 5 Casa Oles in about a 10 mile radius. Winning. 

When I was married to my first ex we both played on her employers coed softball team. We once played the Casa Ole corporate team in a tournament. We beat them like a drum. My ex played SS on that team.

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

School districts shut down all over the place...because you know when you are at school you breathe different air than when you aren't 

Yeah...so I think it’s because a lot of the parents have taken their children out of the area. The closures keep them from accruing absences. 

7 hours ago, Scraps said:

School districts shut down all over the place...because you know when you are at school you breathe different air than when you aren't 

5 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Yeah...so I think it’s because a lot of the parents have taken their children out of the area. The closures keep them from accruing absences. 

What you choose to breathe at home is not the school's problem (or liability).

Just now, RPM said:

What you choose to breathe at home is not the school's problem (or liability).

Lol that ain't the reason either.

The only reason is in case there was a shelter in place issued they wouldn't have the nightmare of trying to get all the kids home etc.  

We flew back from New Orleans Sunday morning in to IAH.  I happened to look out the window when we were lining up for landing and noticed a big plume of smoke.  I looked closer and could see flames on one of the tanks.  It must have been right after it started. 

15 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

When I was married to my first ex we both played on her employers coed softball team. We once played the Casa Ole corporate team in a tournament. We beat them like a drum. My ex played SS on that team.

stripper softball?  which league is this?  asking for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That black smoke doesn't look very good to breathe in, just a heads up.

Good news, though. It appears the ditch is working it's way towards being currently put out. But the water they had spraying on the middle of it stopped.

Edited by relapse98