2019 NCAA Tournament: First Round

Machinator

31 minutes ago, LonghornJudas said:

I haven't watched enough Michigan State this year to fully understand the Henry-Izzo relationship, but that outburst seemed really personal, and it also appears that it happens often. Way beyond a coach who just thinks a player isn't playing up to his ability. That was a "you F'd my wife" kind of stuff. Anybody have the scoop on this?

Maybe you answered your own question...

Candi’ed 

One thing I hope goes away, sooner rather than later, is the guys on the bench holding each other back after a big play. Because if they were not holding each other back they'd be rushing the court, right?

The game has been played in its reasonably modern form, for about 50 years, and I don't remember players having to hold each other back from rushing the court.

Sparty and the Terps get through. It is something how Sparty just keeps coming up with the same formula, year after year.

Time to switch over to Murray State v Marquette.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

How did Morant get recruited out of South Carolina?

They were just discussing. I think he was a late bloomer and Murray State was an early caller. Morant went with them out of respect or some such. 

What about Nevada and their roster full of 23+yr old players?

"The Wolf Pack’s top seven in minutes played are transfers, as are the top six scorers. They are the current result of a program philosophy that’s seen 15 incoming transfers during Musselman’s three-plus seasons with Nevada."

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

"The Wolf Pack’s top seven in minutes played are transfers, as are the top six scorers. They are the current result of a program philosophy that’s seen 15 incoming transfers during Musselman’s three-plus seasons with Nevada."

Pitt had a kid transfer to Nevada this season. He didn't want to get in shape and left. Next day he announced he was going to Nevada.

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Nevada's version of "Grumpy Old Men" now playing on TNT 

13 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Pitt had a kid transfer to Nevada this season. He didn't want to get in shape and left. Next day he announced he was going to Nevada.

My guess is either that he was "academically qualified" (yuk yuk) or had begun his goal of getting a degree in Hotel/Entertainment Management.

• immamac featured and pinned this topic
  • immamac unpinned and unfeatured this topic