2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

6 hours ago, Cooder said:

Apparently the rangers are doing their best to capitalize on Houston’s recent success...by selling Astros gear in the stadium. 3042b16fbb065a9af9d7253a490119c8.jpg

I'm sure they just did this while we're in town, right?

And I hope not a single item was purchased there.  If you want to get raped on a jersey at a stadium, you do it at home at least.

I’ve never seen any merchandise for an opponent in the team stores at MMP. Not saying it’s never happened, but I sure don’t recall ever seeing Rangers gear for sale at our park.

I’ve been to every MLB Park, and other than a few stores that sold all team caps (like a Lids), I don’t recall seeing other team merchandise for sale at any of them.

38 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Time to sign him up for ballet.  

sign you up for ballet. 

and yeah, i've never seen any other merchandise sold at MMP, other than the Astros, ever. but, rangers are copying our stadium, so this is par for the course. poor sooners.

I’ve never seen any merchandise for an opponent in the team stores at MMP. Not saying it’s never happened, but I sure don’t recall ever seeing Rangers gear for sale at our park.

I’ve been to every MLB Park, and other than a few stores that sold all team caps (like a Lids), I don’t recall seeing other team merchandise for sale at any of them.
Seattle was selling our rainbow jersey back in like 2013 at Safeco. We weren't playing them because Seattle was on the road when I was there.

2 hours ago, Mez2 said:

sign you up for ballet. 

and yeah, i've never seen any other merchandise sold at MMP, other than the Astros, ever. but, rangers are copying our stadium, so this is par for the course. poor sooners.

i would assume it's a proximity thing (and our recent success would mean more visiting fans).  last time we were in angels stadium watching the stros on the road, the wife decided she needed a hat, and when we asked if any of the team stores had an astros one, they looked at us like we were lost.

.227/.287/.379

Thats the Astros team triple slash line through 6 games...

in 2017. 

It’s remarkably similar this year: .237/.310/.376. 

So they’re probably going to have one of the greatest offenses of all-time again. Long way to go.

• Like 2

.227/.287/.379
Thats the Astros team triple slash line

in 2017. 
It’s remarkably similar this year: .237/.310/.376. 
So they’re probably going to have one of the greatest offenses of all-time again. Long way to go.

Starts tonight.
They’ll put up double digits
Maybe even a baker’s dozen
  • Like 1