2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Has anyone heard anything about Yordan's knee? I have to assume that he's fine given that he's in the lineup, but considering he smoked that ball directly onto his knee cap, I expected to hear more about it. 

I heard the ball was in ICU. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

NEW YORK -- When New York Yankees first baseman Luke Voit mashed a long second-inning home run Thursday night, he helped put his team in the major league record books.

That homer, coming off a 92.6 mph 1-0 fastball from Boston Red Sox left-handed starter Eduardo Rodriguez, was Voit's 10th since being traded to the Yankees in late July, just ahead of the non-waiver trade deadline.

Voit is now the 12th player on the roster to have hit 10 or more home runs with the team this season, marking the first time in major league history that a team has had at least that many players hit double-digit home runs in a single season.

"It's still pretty cool to be a part of that," Voit said in the wake of an 11-6 loss, which gave Boston the AL East title. "It's something to kind of take a positive from that game. No one else can say that they did that."

The 407-foot shot to center field that bounced onto the netting covering Yankee Stadium's Monument Park broke the previous record of 11 that the Yankees shared with the 2015 and 2017 Astros, the 2016 Twins and the 2004 Tigers.

Yankees had 12 players with 10+ last year.  We already have 9 this year with Jake at 9 HRs and Diaz at 7, so we'll probably get to 11 again but we don't really have a realistic candidate for the 12th.

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yankees had 12 players with 10+ last year.  We already have 9 this year with Jake at 9 HRs and Diaz at 7, so we'll probably get to 11 again but we don't really have a realistic candidate for the 12th.

The fuck we don’t. Greinke’s at 3 right now, once he gets a chance to talk hitting with our professional hitter(s), I’m sure his HR rate will go up.  They can use him at DH once in a while to give Yordan some rest, maybe a spot start at short when Correa inevitably gets nicked up- he is a reigning 5x gold glover, after all.  Some pinch hit AB, of course.  And make sure he gets a start in MIL.

He may need to get the last one or two in the series, do postseason HR count?

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Why the 10th? Do we have a couple of days off in that stretch or something?

I was thinking he might actually do it by Labor Day. But then I realized that's Sept. 2, and I didn't think he'd get pitched to for 10 straight ABs in two days.

30 minutes ago, Jebus said:

The fuck we don’t. Greinke’s at 3 right now, once he gets a chance to talk hitting with our professional hitter(s), I’m sure his HR rate will go up.  They can use him at DH once in a while to give Yordan some rest, maybe a spot start at short when Correa inevitably gets nicked up- he is a reigning 5x gold glover, after all.  Some pinch hit AB, of course.  And make sure he gets a start in MIL.

He may need to get the last one or two in the series, do postseason HR count?

Hmm.       BA  OBP  SLG  OPS

Player 1  .273 .314 .397 .711

Player 2  .271 .300 .583 .883

2 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

So bring an old geezer and just signed up on Reddit where the fuck do I find the live stream for the Stros?

Get off of my lawn and all of that shit... 

scroll down to the game thread, click on it and look for one of the green check marks and click on the corresponding home/away link. i always look for BilasSport, it's pretty clean of pop ups. 

The game thread usually won't appear until shortly before first pitch....

Edited by Gourmand

27 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

So bring an old geezer and just signed up on Reddit where the fuck do I find the live stream for the Stros?

Get off of my lawn and all of that shit... 

i never signed up.  do you have to?

about 30 min before game time is when i would typically get on and check, and there would normally be 3-4 good streaming options by first pitch.  just click on the first one and go from there.  there might be a pop-up or two at the very beginning, but i never ever have had anything pop up during a feed.  and i've probably used it for 300+ games.

• Like 1