2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Let’s assume the Dodgers, Yankees and Astros finish off their series.
Guesses for start time of ALCS game 1 on the 19th?
I’m guessing AL would be the early game (~3pm central) and NLCS game 2 in LA would be at 7pm

(Those are the same start times as 2017 when the only team that would be different in this year’s LCS would be the Dodgers opponent...cubs in 2017. I’d be surprised if they put the Dodgers in a 1pm local start time.

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Strategy tomorrow should be to play conservatively at the plate to let Charlie Morton's pitch count rise. Once he's pulled, then we can turn on the aggression on their relievers.

They have the best bullpen in baseball we aren't talking the NL bullpens here.

• Like 1

Let’s assume the Dodgers, Yankees and Astros finish off their series.
Guesses for start time of ALCS game 1 on the 19th?
I’m guessing AL would be the early game (~3pm central) and NLCS game 2 in LA would be at 7pm

(Those are the same start times as 2017 when the only team that would be different in this year’s LCS would be the Dodgers opponent...cubs in 2017. I’d be surprised if they put the Dodgers in a 1pm local start time.

Game 1 of the ALCS would be the weekend of the 12th. Game 6 would be the 19th

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

This is the best hitting team in almost a century. The strategy, as always, is to hit the starter until they pull him and then hit every guy they bring in thereafter. 

Yes, this team should do what it always does.  If CFM throws a first pitch fastball to Altuve, he should try to murder it, as usual.

1 hour ago, WBT said:

ALCS ticket lottery emails went out yesterday.  If you're like me and hadn't checked your email since then...

I won I won!

So what are the odds I can log in at noon tomorrow and buy 4 seats in a reasonable location?

11 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I guess Hinch saw enough of Tucker swinging at balls a foot high.  Dude was a little amped up.

Eh, he also hit a deep, hard hit fly ball to the opposite field and drew a walk. Only 1 strikeout compared to 2 for Reddick in game 1. More likely that this was always the plan. 

Edited by formermav43

51 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I guess Hinch saw enough of Tucker swinging at balls a foot high.  Dude was a little amped up.

National announcer said "He decided three months ago to swing at that pitch."  One of the few things they got right all day.

I'm nervous as hell.  Hopefully Will Smith shows up strong and leads us to victory.  But the main thing is for all the guys to try their hardest and have fun.  Springer hasn't been having fun, he needs to have fun.

1 hour ago, huge said:

I won I won!

So what are the odds I can log in at noon tomorrow and buy 4 seats in a reasonable location?

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

If it's like the ALDS, not good.  The only sections you could buy 2 or more tickets next to each other were in the upper decks.  The lottery is kinda worthless if you aren't going by yourself.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Zero 

What about just two? would I be able to make any money reselling if I can't make it?

Everyone seems to hate on Joe G but I honestly like him calling the game you get a very different perspective from him than standard color commentators.

Also swinging at a pitch a foot above his head I would still take Tucker personally but then again. I wouldn't make Osuna or Giles throw multi inning and/or high leverage situations either.

Strategy tomorrow should be to play conservatively at the plate to let Charlie Morton's pitch count rise. Once he's pulled, then we can turn on the aggression on their relievers.

Yes, let’s be conservative at the plate and face their badass bullpen in a close game. What could possibly go wrong there?

What about just two? would I be able to make any money reselling if I can't make it?

It was slim pickings for the LDS for just a pair too.

As far as resale, ehhhh. Don’t count on it. They do a good job setting prices for the first two rounds. In 2017, I bought a couple in the pre-sale lower level down the third base line. They were going for less on the open market the few days before the game.