2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

8 minutes ago, smwhorn said:

Go blow Osuna.  

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t share your concern the longer this has gone on. And he’s not particularly likable, so you’re barking up the wrong tree. But the way you had that quote from a month ago (or whenever it was) teed up is fucking weak. 

Wow.  I can't believe he rang him up on that.  The reigning mvp against a guy that barely knows where it's going right now.  And it's hard to get high breaking ball calls in the best of circumstances.

Edited by WBT

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Wow.  I can't believe he rang him up on that.  The reigning mvp against a guy that barely knows where it's going right now.  And it's hard to get high breaking balls call in the best of circumstances.

Yeah, it broke down to only being 6 inches high.  There aren't many worse calls than that one.

With Peacock, McHugh and Pressly out, there just aren’t a ton of proven bullpen options right now. Harris is about the only dependable arm as of today. Smith I can’t assess just yet. So getting that Houdini act out of James was huge. Hope it’s the start of a big run for him, though I’m not counting on it. 

Maybe after this latest stunt (the throw on the grounder, not the HR), the team will step up their efforts to get Osuna’s head unwedged. By whatever means it takes. Because that has to happen if he’s going to keep getting closing opportunities in October. I really think it’s more likely we’ll see Pressly then.