Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Truly this whole thing has been a huge "what about Trump" exercise in the effort to equalize and pardon Biden's raping (allegedly).

It would be more honest to just say "You know what, he potentially raped her but that was years ago and we need him to win and get Trump out of office so we aren't going to deal with it unless rabble rousers provide a smoking gun that we just simply can't ignore away. And maybe even then Trump is such an evil threat we gotta get him out."

• Like 3

18 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Guys like you routinely ruin the lives of people who accuse people of rape, or are being accused of it. Its what you do. You only do so when it suits your political purpose. Just like this one.

You want this one to be true, so you are attempting to ruin the life of a person you oppose, in this case Joe Biden.

JimmyJames for gold medal in mental gymnastics in the (cancelled) 2020 summer Olympics.

18 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Again, I am not saying/implying/insinuating that she is lying, I am only merely commenting on why the public perception seems to be different this time.

Yea that’s nice and all but not the reason the reason the public reception (as limited as the coverage has been) is different. It’s different because your guy bad, mine good.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Many of us have said that in here. Of the two rapists, I’m voting for Joe The Rapist.

Yep, this is my stance. Because of Democratic primary voters, I will have voted for a guy I know is a rapist 3 times. If I was a Republican, my record of voting for known rapists would be cleaner.

WOO!

But I won't hold anyone else to my nakedly practical and morally compromised position. Anyone who says, "I refuse to vote for a rapist" and sits out this election is 100% justified in my mind.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Joe Biden leading Donald Trump in Texas with 47-46 edge, margin of error 3.1%

Trump approval 46/49 in Texas.

Abbot at 58/30 approval

53% of Texans want to lift vote by mail restrictions, 38% do not

https://static.texastribune.org/media/files/d72e152a3ad3380ae5a007c0849f2dd1/DTPPP-Texas-April27-28-2020.pdf

So with Biden on the ballot Texas is a toss up among voters who favored trump in 2016 by 51-42 percent.

Yeah let’s get rid of him as the nominee.  No wonder all the trump supporters here are going insane. Dear leader is gonna lose Texas and then that’s all she wrote.

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yep, this is my stance. Because of Democratic primary voters, I will have voted for a guy I know is a rapist 3 times. If I was a Republican, my record of voting for known rapists would be cleaner.

WOO!

But I won't hold anyone else to my nakedly practical and morally compromised position. Anyone who says, "I refuse to vote for a rapist" and sits out this election is 100% justified in my mind.

Lol. Every day a new “don’t vote for Joe” post.

15 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

So with Biden on the ballot Texas is a toss up among voters who favored trump in 2016 by 51-42 percent.

Yeah let’s get rid of him as the nominee.  No wonder all the trump supporters here are going insane. Dear leader is gonna lose Texas and then that’s all she wrote.

If you are comfortable voting for a rapey, gropey, sundowning man who is in the pockets of the bankers, you have your guy. 

sounds like even if he wasn’t up against trump you’d still vote for him because he can win. 

zero principles and only caring about winning, just like most of the machine. 

• Like 1

The rapey stuff is a wash.

So then it comes down to policy differences. Which is where even the worst Democrat trounces even a strong-minded Republican. Trump is a fucking moron with godawful policy ideas who surrounds himself with nothing but freaks and idiots. Biden is better than that.

If you're going to vote for one of these two guys, there's one very obvious choice and it's not a close competition.

If you are comfortable voting for a rapey, gropey, sundowning man who is in the pockets of the bankers, you have your guy. 

sounds like even if he wasn’t up against trump you’d still vote for him because he can win. 

Well Duck of Death enlighten us on who we should be voting for.

1 minute ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Read more  

Woulda been cool if the system would produce a candidate with something positive. Last decent candidate was Obama.  Trump?  Yuck. Hillary?  Yuck. Biden?  Yuck. 

fortunately for me, my vote won’t matter in my state, and my state doesn’t matter in the election except in the tightest of elections.  So it’s easy for me to not vote again. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Aww you’re breaking my heart. I wish I had principles like you.

The truth is I’d vote for a day old BT turd before I’d vote for the insane narcissist trump for president.

Woulda been cool if the system would produce a candidate with something positive. Last decent candidate was Obama.  Trump?  Yuck. Hillary?  Yuck. Biden?  Yuck. 

fortunately for me, my vote won’t matter in my state, and my state doesn’t matter in the election except in the tightest of elections.  So it’s easy for me to not vote again. 
Well for those of us who want Trump gone, Biden appears to be our candidate. I'll be voting for Biden here in Texas. You can sit it out or get onboard.

3 minutes ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

Does anything really matter anymore? I mean, besides getting the desired result.

Yes. This election matters. The country is sitting with it’s choice of the two wine goblets in front of it. One cup may hold crappy wine, but the other will poison and kill the republic, and we haven’t been building a tolerance to iocaine powder. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
On 4/29/2020 at 4:53 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Read more  

Well for those of us who want Trump gone, Biden appears to be our candidate. I'll be voting for Biden here in Texas. You can sit it out or get onboard.

I’ll sit it out. If Biden loses Wyoming by 1 vote, and loses the election by 1 EV, you can blame me. 

The bros were going to find some way to justify their non votes and protest votes. If it wasn’t the sexual assault stuff, it would have been something else. Scroll through Glenn Greenwald’s twitter feed - you would swear he is controlled dissent paid for by trump. He’s taking on Noam Chomsky for God’s sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

The bros were going to find some way to justify their non votes and protest votes. If it wasn’t the sexual assault stuff, it would have been something else. Scroll through Glenn Greenwald’s twitter feed - you would swear he is controlled dissent paid for by trump. He’s taking on Noam Chomsky for God’s sake.

Nah - progressives thinking and talking about post-2020. Diverging paths based on policy differences. Dem Party is the home of never-Trumpers now, not progressive policy. Trillions to bail out Financial markets. Meanwhile food banks have miles of lines. 

I don't see progressives aligned with the Dem Party in 2024. Bernie is done. The Chomsky/Greewald split is merely an argument between progressives on how easily Progressives are corralled into the Dem, Inc. corral. 

Time for a new - more muscular - response to Trillions for Wall Street/Austerity for Main Street in 2024.

Until then, we have Biden or whomever replaces him on the ticket. Best to get out the dirty laundry with Biden now while the country is distracted and let him sink or swim. If he sinks, Dem, Inc. will need to anoint his successor to the nomination. 

• Like 1

The bit from The New Yorker. I'm taking the chicken and I don't care how it's cooked or even if it's cooked at all. I would rather work on Progressive issues with a Democrat in the WH than with the deranged narcissistic lunatic dementia-addled vindictive spiteful smooth-brained human the GOP is promoting.

• Like 2

Morning Joe was brutal this morning. Mika asked Biden if women should be believed unless it involves him and all he could do was say that they should be believed until it comes out they're not telling the truth and she's lying. Why are we to believe Biden but not someone like Brett Kavanaugh? Both denied the allegations.

14 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Nah - progressives thinking and talking about post-2020. Diverging paths based on policy differences. Dem Party is the home of never-Trumpers now, not progressive policy. Trillions to bail out Financial markets. Meanwhile food banks have miles of lines. 

I don't see progressives aligned with the Dem Party in 2024. Bernie is done. The Chomsky/Greewald split is merely an argument between progressives on how easily Progressives are corralled into the Dem, Inc. corral. 

Time for a new - more muscular - response to Trillions for Wall Street/Austerity for Main Street in 2024.

Until then, we have Biden or whomever replaces him on the ticket. Best to get out the dirty laundry with Biden now while the country is distracted and let him sink or swim. If he sinks, Dem, Inc. will need to anoint his successor to the nomination. 

Whom do you see progressives aligned with in 2024?

2 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Morning Joe was brutal this morning. Mika asked Biden if women should be believed unless it involves him and all he could do was say that they should be believed until it comes out they're not telling the truth and she's lying. Why are we to believe Biden but not someone like Brett Kavanaugh? Both denied the allegations.

Blase Ford’s story matched up with Kavanaugh’s own physical calendar of drunken recall he created for that summer.

13 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

So, I can empathize with not coming forward about being violated. There's the shame and other complex emotions that arise, fear of reprisals, etc. 

But I really don't understand why if you were sexually assaulted you'd come forward but sanitize the story to your abuser's benefit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

My problem with the allegation against both Biden and Kavanaugh is that they happened so long ago there is no possible way we're going to "prove" it did or didn't happen.

27 years ago?  wtf.  There is no fucking way I can remember the details of every encounter I had in 1993 and if a girl/woman/female/womyn said I assaulted her that year, there's no way I'd be able to defend myself other than to say "it didn't happen" and "find witnesses who said it did."

This may make me a misogynist and unwoke and unsympthathetic to the #MeToo movement (which has now been weaponized), but these he said / she said allegations from 20+ years ago are ridiculous.  If we're talking about coming forward with allegations about child sexual abuse, that's a different story and there should be no statute of limitations on CSA.

But Tara Reade and Christy Blasy Ford were both adults at the time of the allegation and they should have went to the police at the time of the incident.  Sorry not sorry.  We live in a society where we would rather 10 guilty people go free than jail 1 innocent person and the burden of proof is always always always on the accuser/prosecution.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

I actually think "Joe's a bit confused about everything" may help him in regard to this case.  I think many people are going to see him as more likely confused and flustered because he is a bit confused and flustered in any conversation that gets heated, as opposed to him getting confused and flustered because he did the deed.

I hope every Dem who was throwing down the "believe every woman" shit sees how shit like this can bite them on the ass.  As well as the "I'm going to pick a woman VP".  In the end, both of these statement arguably undercut women who you should believe and women who you should chose for high office.  

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

But Tara Reade and Christy Blasy Ford were both adults at the time of the allegation and they should have went to the police at the time of the incident.  Sorry not sorry.  We live in a society where we would rather 10 guilty people go free than jail 1 innocent person and the burden of proof is always always always on the accuser/prosecution.

I think Ford was around 15, but your state may have different statutory rape laws than mine, just FYI/PSA.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

My problem with the allegation against both Biden and Kavanaugh is that they happened so long ago there is no possible way we're going to "prove" it did or didn't happen.

This isn't a criminal case.  It's a question about ethics and character.   To me the rules are simple.

1) Treat the accuser with respect and believe their story if it's plausible.

2) Treat the accused with respect and believe their defense if it's plausible.

Reach whatever final determination you make.  If you think it's too long ago and you don't want to come to a conclusion that harms anyone, that is fine.  If you think you can make a credibility determination, that's fine. 

7 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

This isn't a criminal case.  It's a question about ethics and character.   To me the rules are simple.

1) Treat the accuser with respect and believe their story if it's plausible.

2) Treat the accused with respect and believe their defense if it's plausible.

Reach whatever final determination you make.  If you think it's too long ago and you don't want to come to a conclusion that harms anyone, that is fine.  If you think you can make a credibility determination, that's fine. 

Agree.  And I think the below spells it out well enough for me.

48 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

56 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The bit from The New Yorker. I'm taking the chicken and I don't care how it's cooked or even if it's cooked at all. I would rather work on Progressive issues with a Democrat in the WH than with the deranged narcissistic lunatic dementia-addled vindictive spiteful smooth-brained human the GOP is promoting.

I love that analogy because I’m always going to pass on the airline food.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Yes, yes, I remember. I had lasagna.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Blase Ford’s story matched up with Kavanaugh’s own physical calendar of drunken recall he created for that summer.

It says he went to a party with his friends, right?

I believe Blasey-Ford, but the calendar is only proof in an ethical/moral sense.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

This is fucking stupid. Why would those 21 staffers have any knowledge of it?

Why not just say 99.9999999999% of the world's entire population had heard of it?

48 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

But I really don't understand why if you were sexually assaulted you'd come forward but sanitize the story to your abuser's benefit. 

You don't? Think about it.

42 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

This may make me a misogynist and unwoke and unsympthathetic to the #MeToo movement (which has now been weaponized), but these he said / she said allegations from 20+ years ago are ridiculous.  If we're talking about coming forward with allegations about child sexual abuse, that's a different story and there should be no statute of limitations on CSA.

Again, this is fucking stupid.

All you liberals throwing shit at Reade? This is your ally. This is the rape culture you're actively participating in right now.

Congratulations.

One the primary lessons of the #MeToo movement was supposed to be that we abandon stupid preconceptions about rape and sexual assault and accept some truths we collectively did/do not.

- Victims don't tell their stories right away.
- Victims don't tell their stories consistently.
- Victims feel terrible shame and guilt and fear about what happened to them, leading to inconsistencies and delays.
- Victims cope by lying to themselves about what happened.
- Victims gain nothing by coming forward and usually lose a great deal.
- Society will find any excuse it can to favor powerful figures over weak ones.
- Partisans will find any excuse to protect power.

If you're a juror, #BelieveWomen isn't tenable because of the way law works.

But as a basic human being dealing with basic humanity, #BelieveWomen simply means that you critically analyze the reactions that rape culture and patriarchy have built into you, and one of the most powerful reactions that rape culture and patriarchy have built into us is that our own morality operates by jurisprudential standards.

So if you're promoting that standard here, you are promoting rape culture, pure and simple.

Our moral intuitions about the world are not guided by "innocent until proven guilty" and Joe Biden is not on trial.

As a flaming liberal, the "believe all women" thing never worked for me. Believe most women, yes, but there is no situation in which applying believability to "all" of anything is plausible. And more practically, I knew damn well that it would backfire when a woman accused a democrat with some bullshit story based solely on knowing that liberals would immediely open themselves up to accusations of hypocrisy. I don't think women generally lie about sexual assault, but I think it happens, and this is as easily discernible a situation of lying as can be found, and of course now the "believe all women" thing is predictably being thrown back into liberals' faces.

If she wanted to be believed, she should have stuck with uncomfortable handsi-ness. That is classic creepy Uncle Joe and completely believable. Funny how when her candidate went down the crapper, it turned into a full blown finger bang. And only a few months after publicly praising Biden for his work on women's' rights. Just transparently bullshit.

I have found myself agreeing less and less with Bill Maher (which is fine I still like his show), and I have no idea where he'll go with this one, but I usually agree with him that its not hypocritical to believe one story and not believe another, because facts and circumstances are different and they matter. There are a million things about their lives that separate Biden from Kavanaugh. So yes, I believe that Kavanaugh most likely was an over-privileged shithead in college and probably groped or raped Ford. No, I don't think it's likely that Biden fingerbanged  a staffer as a member of the United States Senate. 

It's only a matter of time before she's at a fucking trump rally at which time it will be a full on forced throat fucking. And the media will bring up the dozens of credible allegations against Trump and his followers won't give a shit. And the fringe on the left will continue to think that dozens of credible allegations against Trump is the exact same as one non-credible allegation against Biden and will think both are the fucking same and not vote, thereby helping trump. Fucking ridiculous.

• Like 8

I should add for the record that I don't think Kavanaugh should have been denied the Supreme Court seat based on the Ford allegations. He should have been denied the seat for being an unstable piece of shit and his record of predetermined decisions that follow a purely political agenda.

• Like 6

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden