Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

5 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Wonder if bad teammate would believe the accuser if they were accusing Bernie?

Well Bernie stuck his finger in my butthole me 33 years ago in a Dunkin’ Donuts parking lot and you don’t see me bitching about it. As proof I told Swam about it in the UT lap pool but he just ignored me. He was probably just jealous. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Well Bernie stuck his finger in my butthole me 33 years ago in a Dunkin’ Donuts parking lot and you don’t see me bitching about it. As proof I told Swam about it in the UT lap pool but he just ignored me. He was probably just jealous. 

That wasn't Bernie and that wasn't a finger. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Agreed.  Even if Biden is a closet creep IMHO she's going to have to take one for the team (and by team, I mean the greatest country in the history of the world) and go away.  At this point there's just too much at stake.  

It’s unbelievable that it’s come to this, but rape culture>trump culture (which is rape culture on steroids plus racism and the destruction of everything America has been until now)

I’m actually starting to think y’all are the same guy.

You both suck at arguing. You both like to post gifs. And you both pretend to hate trump when every word out of your mouth in fact is designed to help him win re-election. You are the supposedly liberal Bernie bros where he is the supposedly libertarian republican who dislikes trump.

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

You both suck at arguing. You both like to post gifs. And you both pretend to hate trump when every word out of your mouth in fact is designed to help him win re-election. You are the supposedly liberal Bernie bros where he is the supposedly libertarian republican who dislikes trump.

Geritol and mescaline must be a hell of a drug. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

When all your posts devolve into accusing others of being trolls, you’re the troll.

Edited by formermav43
  • Like 2

They were so close to blending in and almost looking like normal individuals. You trolls have a long game rivaled by no other poster. Wash park horn being the most obvious of the two with his Libertarian switch from the old boards to BernieBro here.

If Joe Biden is asking for any record of her going to the Senate, it’s because he knows no record exists.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

They were so close to blending in and almost looking like normal individuals. You trolls have a long game rivaled by no other poster. Wash park horn being the most obvious of the two with his Libertarian switch from the old boards to BernieBro here.

I wish more people read Chomsky - a left libertarian - and the role of government in an advanced economic system. But hell - we live in an idiocracy (present company excluded). 

Left libertarianism is considered the inheritor of the ideas formed in the Enlightenment. ~Chomsky.

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

I wish more people read Chomsky - a left libertarian - and the role of government in an advanced economic system. But hell - we live in an idiocracy (present company excluded). 

Left libertarianism is considered the inheritor of the ideas formed in the Enlightenment. ~Chomsky.

I’ve read him. Back in the day I didn’t believe him. Not so much now.

And yes we are currently living in an idiocracy. But we don’t have to. 

1 hour ago, 406W30th said:

Very cool to see that all cheerleaders for the Iraq War are rallying around someone who voted in favor of the Iraq War.

That’s deep man.

i bet all our high school seniors in quarantine and missing senior graduation really give a shit too. Just like you and BT.

16 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Would you seriously prefer Bernie Sanders running as a third party candidate? lol I know you're not very bright, David, but Jesus

Oh, so it's no surprise that the Democratic Party did everything in its power as an organization to hamstring the Bernie Sanders campaign. Again.

Cool.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yep.  Biden is definitely creepy and handsy around women and girls.  You'd think that would sink his campaign.  On the other hand, he is running against a serial rapist and child molester, so....

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

Yep.  Biden is definitely creepy and handsy around women.  You'd think that would sink his campaign.  Fortunately for him, he's running against a serial rapist and child molester.  

And someone who has a whole lot of tax returns he's hiding.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

maybe take 10 more seconds of research...that was her FIRST claim

First, Ford’s testimony that the assault occurred in the summer of 1982, when just 15, conflicted with both her therapist’s notes and the text message Ford sent to the Washington Post. According to reporter Emma Brown, Ford claimed she had been assaulted in the mid-1980s; and the therapist’s notes stated Ford had been the victim of an attempted rape in her late teens. But by that time, Kavanaugh was attending Yale, so Ford’s recasting of the attack to the summer of 1982 is suspect. 

Ford's story changed in key ways

Ford’s retelling of the alleged sexual assault also included several conflicting accounts of the number of individuals at the gathering. The therapist’s notes stated that four boys had attempted to rape Ford. (Ford claims her therapist confused the total number of boys at the party with the number of boys who had attacked her.) 

Later, in her July letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein, Ford again placed the number of individuals at the party at five, stating the gathering included her and four other individuals. But Ford then identified the four by name, and that group included three boys and one girl. And finally, during her Senate testimony, Ford unequivocally stated that “there were four boys I remember specifically being there,” in addition to her friend Leland Keyser.

Another significant change in the scenario came when Ford testified about the location of the party. She had originally told the Washington Post that the attack took place at a house not far from the country club. Yet, when Mitchell revealed a map of the relevant locations and reminded Ford that she had described the attack as having occurred near the country club, Ford backtracked: “I would describe [the house] as it's somewhere between my house and the country club in that vicinity that’s shown in your picture.”  Ford added that the country club was a 20-minute drive from her home. 

More:Don't count on FBI to clear up the Kavanaugh-Ford mess. Its record is flawed.

3 big questions hanging after Christine Blasey Ford's testimony on Brett Kavanaugh

How could both Kavanaugh and Ford seem to tell the truth? Trauma, alcohol and time.

Finally, Ford altered her description of the interior layout of the home and the details of the party and her escape.  A “short” stairwell turned into a “narrow” one. The gathering moved from a small family room where the kids drank beer (and which Ford distinguished from the living room through which she fled the house) when she spoke to the Washington Post, to a home described in her actual testimony as having a "small living room/family room-type area.” And in an obvious tell to the change, Ford suggested that she could draw a floor plan of the house.

These four points are significant. First, because Ford had waited 30-plus years to report the purported attack, a therapist’s notes from Ford's sessions with her husband countered claims that Ford had invented the assault to derail Kavanaugh’s confirmation. But the notes did not name Ford’s attacker. And the timing of the assault summarized by her therapist, whom Ford saw individually the following year, conflicted with Ford’s current claims against Kavanaugh.

The final three contradictions are even more significant because in each circumstance Ford altered her story only after Kavanaugh and Senate investigators had obtained evidence to disprove her original tale. For instance, investigators had obtained statements from Kavanaugh and the two men and one female lifelong friend of Ford’s, and they all denied any recollection of the gathering. 

These contradictions mean Ford's not credible

Investigators also spoke with former classmates of Kavanaugh, including two men who showed staffers the “party houses” near the country club during the relevant time period. And the detailed description of the home interior Ford originally provided allowed investigators to compare her story to the layout of the homes of the individuals Ford identified. But then Ford changed her description of the house’s floor plan. 

Since media leaks of Ford’s charges first broke, Kavanaugh and his supporters have stressed the impossibility of proving the negative: Kavanaugh could not prove he did not attack Ford. But Kavanaugh could prove that Ford’s story could not possibly have happened by showing that none of the individuals at the supposed party lived in a house near the country club, and that none of their houses matched that described by Ford.  Kavanaugh and investigators were poised to do so when Ford changed her story.

Open-minded Americans of all stripes should see that — emotions aside — Ford’s testimony is completely devoid of credibility: so much so, that Mitchell told the Senate this week that Ford’s allegations do not even meet the preponderance of evidence standard. That standard, which governs in civil litigation, asks whether it is more likely than not that an event occurred. 

Yes, victims must be believed. But Ford is not a victim — at least not of Kavanaugh.

Margot Cleveland is a lawyer and an adjunct instructor at the University of Notre Dame. Follow her on Twitter: @ProfMJCleveland

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/10/03/christine-blasey-ford-changing-memories-not-credible-kavanaugh-column/1497661002/

The idea that somebody should be able to remember a house layout with exact detail, where exactly a house is on a map, or precisely what month something happened is a pretty high bar to set for nearly 40-year-old memories.  I went to house parties in college in the early 2000's that I probably couldn't point out on a map today, nor would I be able to perfectly describe where bathrooms or studies were in relation to a living room.  Add trauma to the event and the level of accuracy her doubters demanded to prove her veracity were pretty ridiculous.  The fact that she was fuzzy on some of these details do not prove her to be a liar.

• Like 1

Now it's come out that the National Archives may be the wrong department for a complaint to be housed, so Biden has since asked the Secretary of the Senate.  Regardless, his appearance has seemed to pay some dividends for him as Reade now says she never logged a formal complaint, which makes her allegations more reliant on word of mouth 30 years ago.  

12 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It's just going to be hard for her to really "prove" this happened without a logged report...... Many women have sort of proven this over time. It doesn't mean it didn't happen or there wasn't some exchange which made her feel absolutely uncomfortable, especially with today's perspective, but beyond a "she said, he said" paradigm, this won't go anywhere unless there are more allegations from multiple women....

Reade described the report after the AP discovered additional transcripts and notes from its interviews with Reade last year in which she says she “chickened out” after going to the Senate personnel office. The AP interviewed Reade in 2019 after she accused Biden of uncomfortable and inappropriate touching. She did not raise allegations of sexual assault against Biden until this year, around the time he became the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.

The existence of the Senate report has become a key element of the accusations against Biden, which he has flatly denied. Reade says she doesn’t have a copy of the report, and Biden said Friday that he is not aware that any complaint against him exists. He asked the Senate and the National Archives to search their records to try to locate a complaint from Reade.

Except the Bernie folks and Russian trolls on social media 

And thus proving it was never about victims or “believing women”.

They’ll keep using a mentally disturbed woman for political points as per usual.

This is why is said I feel sorry for Tara Reid and I feel furious about the damage done to other victims of sexual assault.

Ryan Grim can get fucked. I hope he loses his Twitter blue check mark. That would be the worst punishment for someone like him.
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden