Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

16 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

As it turns out, we really are a welfare state. From the very bottom to the tip top.

Disagree.  The very bottom and tip top get theirs, but those of us in the middle get fuck all and pay for all their shit.

I don’t mind paying out to help those at the bottom, but those at the top can get fucked.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I am confused with the logic in this post.

So on one hand you have Joe Biden, who's son was conducting business with some people in the Ukraine and possibly China. Despite all efforts to tie Joe to it, it appears he distanced himself from it pretty well. He has opened his financial books, and there is no money trail leading back to him to corroborate the story. Just a single guy saying that the Joe KNEW about Hunter's business dealings. Hunter clearly looks as though he capitalized on his last name to gain in business, though he went to Georgetown and Yale for education.

On the other hand you have Donald Trump and his family. Neither Jared or Ivanka were in politics or government prior to Trump's presidency, and they both somehow landed White House Senior Advisor gigs, thereby breaking the Bobby Kennedy law. But we will look past that one for a sec. Both kids have brokered deals OPENLY, while not only being relatives of the President, but while being White House officials as well. Jared in particular appears to be making personal financial deals with people in the very countries he is also responsible for overseeing in his White House role. Trump is openly funneling government funds into his personal businesses. He has a verified account in China, where millions have passed through during his Presidency. He is fighting tooth and nail to hide his books, going as far as to present it to the Supreme Court.

So I am confused as to how you see the Trump situation as better? Unlike the Biden where it's damn tough to tie Joe to any of it, the Trump's are breaking all kinds of actual laws, and doing it openly. Explain that to me.

i'd really like to see the rebuttal to this. genuinely curious how this gets reconciled.

unfortunately it seems to be one of those magical 'invisible' posts that somehow get missed by people actively engaged in tracking the conversation and replying to other posts.

uh huh. i'm sure the thread is just moving too fast.

21 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

I'm talking the people who never had a year to begin with. Every penny that comes in goes out by the end of next month. I'm in the situation you describe, right now. It's going to suck building this all back up, but I'd rather be doing that than biting my nails down to nubs with worry over whether or not I'm able to pay my mortgage over the next 12 months.

I hear you.  just saying some people who express extreme anxiety may be financial squirrels and freak out as if they are losing everything if they have to dip into savings.

1 hour ago, TtomTerrific said:

Here's what NOT in there

a "right" to abortion"

a "right" to be married 

May I introduce you to the Constitution of the United States of America:

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

Spoiler

The Federalists contended that a bill of rights was unnecessary. They responded to those opposing ratification of the Constitution because of the lack of a declaration of fundamental rights by arguing that, inasmuch as it would be impossible to list all rights, it would be dangerous to list some and thereby lend support to the argument that government was unrestrained as to those rights not listed.1 Madison adverted to this argument in presenting his proposed amendments to the House of Representatives. “It has been objected also against a bill of rights, that, by enumerating particular exceptions to the grant of power, it would disparage those rights which were not placed in that enumeration; and it might follow by implication, that those rights which were not singled out, were intended to be assigned into the hands of the General Government, and were consequently insecure. This is one of the most plausible arguments I have ever heard against the admission of a bill of rights into this system; but, I conceive, that it may be guarded against. I have attempted it, as gentlemen may see by turning to the last clause of the fourth resolution.”2 It is clear from its text and from Madison’s statement that the Amendment states but a rule of construction, making clear that a Bill of Rights might not by implication be taken to increase the powers of the national government in areas not enumerated, and that it does not contain within itself any guarantee of a right or a proscription of an infringement.3 In 1965, however, the Amendment was construed to be positive affirmation of the existence of rights which are not enumerated but which are nonetheless protected by other provisions.

The Ninth Amendment had been mentioned infrequently in decisions of the Supreme Court4 until it became the subject of some exegesis by several of the Justices in Griswold v. Connecticut.5 The Court in that case voided a statute prohibiting use of contraceptives as an infringement of the right of marital privacy. Justice Douglas, writing for the Court, asserted that the “specific guarantees in the Bill of Rights have penumbras, formed by emanations from those guarantees that help give them life and substance.”6 Thus, although privacy is not mentioned in the Constitution, it is one of the values served and protected by the First Amendment through its protection of associational rights, and by the Third, the Fourth, and the Fifth Amendments as well. The Justice recurred to the text of the Ninth Amendment, apparently to support the thought that these penumbral rights are protected by one Amendment or a complex of Amendments despite the absence of a specific reference. Justice Goldberg, concurring, devoted several pages to the Amendment.

“The language and history of the Ninth Amendment reveal that the Framers of the Constitution believed that there are additional fundamental rights, protected from governmental infringement, which exist alongside those fundamental rights specifically mentioned in the first eight constitutional amendments. . . . To hold that a right so basic and fundamental and so deep-rooted in our society as the right of privacy in marriage may be infringed because that right is not guaranteed in so many words by the first eight amendments to the Constitution is to ignore the Ninth Amendment and to give it no effect whatsoever. Moreover, a judicial construction that this fundamental right is not protected by the Constitution because it is not mentioned in explicit terms by one of the first eight amendments or elsewhere in the Constitution would violate the Ninth Amendment. . . . Nor do I mean to state that the Ninth Amendment constitutes an independent source of right protected from infringement by either the States or the Federal Government. Rather, the Ninth Amendment shows a belief of the Constitution’s authors that fundamental rights exist that are not expressly enumerated in the first eight amendments and an intent that the list of rights included there not be deemed exhaustive.”7

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i'd really like to see the rebuttal to this. genuinely curious how this gets reconciled.

unfortunately it seems to be one of those magical 'invisible' posts that somehow get missed by people actively engaged in tracking the conversation and replying to other posts.

uh huh. i'm sure the thread is just moving too fast.

To paraphrase the great liberal thinker Rafael Cruz, the Hunter Biden histrionics aren’t moving a single voter. It’s just fodder for people like Enchubben who are Trump supporters for other reasons (in his case, a sad misunderstanding of management, economics and tax policy). That is to say, you aren’t getting a logical response to this rebuttal because there is no substance underlying the contrived outrage.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

I don’t know man.  Loving embraces of his kids especially those battling their own demons seems... weird.  Seems like throwing money at them would be better.

Jr is a sack of shit but once in a while I recall the story of him in college decked out in Yankees gear waiting for his dad to pick him up to go to the game. Trump walks in the apartment and in front of Jr’s friends either slaps or punches him in the face and says go put on a fucking coat and tie. 

28 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Sounds like Biden’s tax plan will hurt the right people.  Good, fuck them.

There are plenty of people making over $400k that support Biden. Let’s not get carried away here. 

But yeah - to those who support Trump for any reason, fuck them. Especially the educated and wealthy ones who know exactly who they are in bed with. 

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I am confused with the logic in this post.

So on one hand you have Joe Biden, who's son was conducting business with some people in the Ukraine and possibly China. Despite all efforts to tie Joe to it, it appears he distanced himself from it pretty well. He has opened his financial books, and there is no money trail leading back to him to corroborate the story. Just a single guy saying that the Joe KNEW about Hunter's business dealings. Hunter clearly looks as though he capitalized on his last name to gain in business, though he went to Georgetown and Yale for education.

On the other hand you have Donald Trump and his family. Neither Jared or Ivanka were in politics or government prior to Trump's presidency, and they both somehow landed White House Senior Advisor gigs, thereby breaking the Bobby Kennedy law. But we will look past that one for a sec. Both kids have brokered deals OPENLY, while not only being relatives of the President, but while being White House officials as well. Jared in particular appears to be making personal financial deals with people in the very countries he is also responsible for overseeing in his White House role. Trump is openly funneling government funds into his personal businesses. He has a verified account in China, where millions have passed through during his Presidency. He is fighting tooth and nail to hide his books, going as far as to present it to the Supreme Court.

So I am confused as to how you see the Trump situation as better? Unlike the Biden where it's damn tough to tie Joe to any of it, the Trump's are breaking all kinds of actual laws, and doing it openly. Explain that to me.

In addition, the little tiny small sticking point that Trump never completely left his businesses. He said Don & Eric are running them and a little over 100 days after  he gained office he finally removed his name from the management of the holdings, but IIRC he is the first President to have not sold his stake in the companies to avoid ethics conflicts.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Disagree.  The very bottom and tip top get theirs, but those of us in the middle get fuck all and pay for all their shit.

I don’t mind paying out to help those at the bottom, but those at the top can get fucked.

This. We purposely live in a smaller home, save our money, and have no debt but we have never forgotten from where we came. I don't mind reaching down the ladder to give a hand, but I see what the welfare at the topmost class has done to this country and it is not a shining example of American prosperity, it is a perfidy of callousness and injustice. Dark money buying judges to cement the law that binds the rest of us while the devil cackles at his wit ought to wake up every citizen. But it doesn't.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
typo

5 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Oh good the golf tracking lol, now we know for sure it’s election time! Literally one of the dumbest arguments/stories each time a president is in office. 

The rest of your post is dumb enough that I won’t go through and pick at each of your cherry picked tweets that support your preconceived political and economic preferences.

Why not?  It's actually less of a cherry pick than more of an overwhelming abundance of selfish, greedy, callous examples from which to select. There were only four points:

1. Was how much his golfing is costing taxpayers--which is yes, an election staple, especially since it was noted how much Obama golfed and how much that cost. The difference being that Trump golfed on his own courses and very oddly managed to make some of those trips to courses that were foundering financially before he took office. He even managed to reroute the VP to stay at a course. There's more with respect to Trump properties and foreign influence , perhaps you would like to elaborate on your point?

2. Relates to Bezos and other mega billionaire's vs the minimum wage, which has remained stagnant for over a decade. A decade. I'm not going to belabor the efforts to which they have gone to discourage and monitor workers attempting to discuss forming a union but let's just say it's invasive and unfriendly. Plenty of info out there if you are interested in it. They have gone the way of many large retail organizations with having no difficulty offering low wages and then relying on workers to supplement that with government subsidies. The latest is that Amazon is getting into health care. I would like to think they are doing this to help their employees, but why should I trust them? Why should anyone trust them?

3. What do you have to say about the difference between the Delta bailout and childcare? Why not child care first and Delta can wait their turn?

4.  The Senate voting for their own benefit. If you think this one is dumb, then I 'd like to hear your perspective.

• Hook 'Em 1

You figured me out dude way to go. I actually quit my day job to track his golf every day to make sure that he equally distributed his rounds amongst different corporations to make sure he didn’t favor one individual resort brand. 🙄 

It’s fucking stupid when they do it for any president elect. And if Biden wins next week/month whatever I’ll call out fox news for it when they inevitably bring it up. Go ahead and bookmark it.

• Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

You figured me out dude way to go. I actually quit my day job to track his golf every day to make sure that he equally distributed his rounds amongst different corporations to make sure he didn’t favor one individual resort brand. 🙄 

It’s fucking stupid when they do it for any president elect. And if Biden wins next week/month whatever I’ll call out fox news for it when they inevitably bring it up. Go ahead and bookmark it.

Yea, this is a little more than not "equally distributed his rounds amongst different corporations", just a few hundred million more. 

It’s not the act of golfing that’s the problem, it’s the fact that Trump owns all the courses he goes to all the time and charges the government a premium for everything - from golf carts for The Secret Service to a glass of water.

Obama almost always played at military courses while in DC and Hawaii.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

It’s not the act of golfing that’s the problem, it’s the fact that Trump owns all the courses he goes to all the time and charges the government a premium for everything - from golf carts for The Secret Service to a glass of water.

Not to mention dotard freaked out for years on Obama about golfing and then proceeded to golf WAY more than Obama.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

It’s funny that you don’t even understand why the Trump golf trips are a problem.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Yea, this is a little more than not "equally distributed his rounds amongst different corporations", just a few hundred million more. 

Get ready to take off your tinfoil hat... What % of that very precise/substantiated amount do you think goes directly to the trumps resorts?  Now how much goes to security and Air Force 1?  

That’s the least efficient and obvious  money laundering scheme I can possibly imagine, which is why no one with half a brain takes this crap seriously. 

If you’re arguing that the president should stay in the White House more because it’s expensive for him to leave, do your thing, but that isn’t changing anytime soon regardless of party in office.

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Get ready to take off your tinfoil hat... What % of that very precise/substantiated amount do you think goes directly to the trumps resorts?  Now how much goes to security and Air Force 1?  

That’s the least efficient and obvious  money laundering scheme I can possibly imagine, which is why no one with half a brain takes this crap seriously. 

If you’re arguing that the president should stay in the White House more because it’s expensive for him to leave, do your thing, but that isn’t changing anytime soon regardless of party in office.

What are you talking about? What’s the launder? The US govt pays his resorts every time he visits them. Do you not know how resorts work? That’s an honest question because I truly can’t tell based on this post.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s funny that you don’t even understand why the Trump golf trips are a problem.

#Golfgate2020. Start the impeachment hearings back up. 

If Trump was not involved in real estate, luxury resorts and hotels prior to taking office, but instead had a substantial investment in McDonalds, would you require him to eat at Burger King during his term? 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

What are you talking about? What’s the launder? The US govt pays his resorts every time he visits them. Do you not know how resorts work? That’s an honest question because I truly can’t tell based on this post.

Maybe if I type in big words you’ll understand.  THE US GOVERNMENT DID NOT PAY $140M TO TRUMPS HOTELS AND GOLF COURSES. 

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

#Golfgate2020. Start the impeachment hearings back up. 

If Trump was not involved in real estate, luxury resorts and hotels prior to taking office, but instead had a substantial investment in McDonalds, would you require him to eat at Burger King during his term? 

Yes

I can’t find this story anywhere. I probably lost track of it up thread but I thought it was important to make sure everybody saw this bullshit.

Look, I don't give a shit what side of this 8th grade doodoo fight yer on, but you do this shit, you support doing this shit, you are un-American and and enemy to our Republic, our principles, and our Constitution. That makes you MY enemy. And you really don't wanna be my enemy.  And if any of you think you can justify this behavior somehow....you better have a seat and do a bit of reading. And before any of you start whatabouting me go back and read the first God damn sentence up there. There is no argument. You are either a citizen and participant in this Republic...or you are combatant. 

The Independent: US election: Biden event in Texas cancelled as 'armed' Trump supporters threaten campaign bus.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/us-election-biden-bus-trump-supporters-texas-event-cancelled-b1477876.html

17 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Cmon man, be honest is tom terrific or whatever your sock? 

Did it create a $140 million dollar tab to the US tax payers for him choosing to stay there? Yes? Did it not go to the coffers of the Trump Organization? If you are saying no, then explain who is collecting that money.  And yes, he should stay where there is no conflict of interest or look of impropriety as all other presidents have done before him by placing all investments and assets in a blind trust run by a third party. He was the first president not to do that.  But he is a choad and you are morally bankrupt enough to defend him. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

So how much did they pay? Do you think they stay for free?

I don’t know that there is a trustworthy site for this, but this is at least partisan in the direction you are obviously leaning so I figure it’s ok to cite here.  (Also lol at them saying he maybe played golf when he was at the resort for 9 minutes to speak at a fundraiser)

https://trumpgolfcount.com

Now go look at the cost breakdown and get back to me. 

• Fuck You 2

20 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Dumbass.  

Trump made $40.8 million last year from a hotel that critics say he's using to illegally profit from the presidency

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

I don’t know that there is a trustworthy site for this, but this is at least partisan in the direction you are obviously leaning so I figure it’s ok to cite here.  (Also lol at them saying he maybe played golf when he was at the resort for 9 minutes to speak at a fundraiser)

https://trumpgolfcount.com

Now go look at the cost breakdown and get back to me. 

Oh the flights were expensive. Shocking I know. Now tell me, how much money does Trump Org make when Trump golfs there? Is it more than zero? Then we have a problem. I understand you are far too simple minded to comprehend this crazy notion that a president shouldn’t profit of the presidency. 

10 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

I can’t find this story anywhere. I probably lost track of it up thread but I thought it was important to make sure everybody saw this bullshit.

Look, I don't give a shit what side of this 8th grade doodoo fight yer on, but you do this shit, you support doing this shit, you are un-American and and enemy to our Republic, our principles, and our Constitution. That makes you MY enemy. And you really don't wanna be my enemy.  And if any of you think you can justify this behavior somehow....you better have a seat and do a bit of reading. And before any of you start whatabouting me go back and read the first God damn sentence up there. There is no argument. You are either a citizen and participant in this Republic...or you are combatant. 

The Independent: US election: Biden event in Texas cancelled as 'armed' Trump supporters threaten campaign bus.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/us-election-biden-bus-trump-supporters-texas-event-cancelled-b1477876.html

Not ok. 

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Fucking.  This.  

9 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Fucking.  This.  

I think playing at military courses is a great idea.

but for the others that can’t read a damn website.....

How much of the costs you report end up in Trump's pocket?

The short answer is that the "cost to taxpayers" we report is generally  not going directly to Trump, and any that is is not yet being reported. There is clearly an indirect benefit to Trump when he advertises his clubs by playing there and greeting his guests, or when he calls Mar-a-Lago or Bedminster his winter or summer "White House", but there is probably also some money going directly to these clubs for Secret Service members' accomodations and food. When these figures are eventually made public, we will add them to our total.

So, no not $40M. Not anywhere close.

Show me where you came up with trumps resorts/business making $40M because I don’t see it. @hobbes2702

Just now, Enchubben said:

The short answer is that the "cost to taxpayers" we report is generally  not going directly to Trump, and any that is is not yet being reported. There is clearly an indirect benefit to Trump when he advertises his clubs by playing there and greeting his guests, or when he calls Mar-a-Lago or Bedminster his winter or summer "White House", but there is probably also some money going directly to these clubs for Secret Service members' accomodations and food. When these figures are eventually made public, we will add them to our total.

Show me where you came up with trumps resorts/business making $40M because I don’t see it. @hobbes2702

Is the amount more than zero?

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

You know, everyone here can see what you reply to and what you ignore. And, because I think you also need this reminder, "ignore" is where the word "ignorance" comes from.

1 minute ago, ndawg said:

You know, everyone here can see what you reply to and what you ignore. And, because I think you also need this reminder, "ignore" is where the word "ignorance" comes from.

There’s just too many random comments trying to pick things apart to play internet gotcha, and honestly I’m busy with the kids trying to do stuff today so I respond to things when I have time. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Fuck You 1

There’s just too many random comments trying to pick things apart to play internet gotcha, and honestly I’m busy with the kids trying to do stuff today so I respond to things when I have time. 🤷‍♂️ 

There’s just too much critical thinking for me to try to lie about all of it.

FIFY

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Is the amount more than zero?

First I was told it was $140M, then I was told it was many millions, then I was told $40M, and now I’m told I don’t know how much but it’s bigger than 0.

I think you see the problem I have with accusations of trump padding his pockets with golf trips yea?

The whole fucking argument and golf analysis is stupid which is what I started with. 

First I was told it was $140M, then I was told it was many millions, then I was told $40M, and now I’m told I don’t know how much but it’s bigger than 0.

I think you see the problem I have with accusations of trump padding his pockets with golf trips yea?

The whole fucking argument and golf analysis is stupid which is what I started with. 

No I don’t see why you have a problem. Is the dollar amount more than zero? If yes, then it’s a problem. The fact that you can’t comprehend this is embarrassing. The argument isn’t stupid, you’re too stupid to understand it.

It’s not $40 million, is this pulled out of your ass or a lie?

I was simply repeating what was posted up thread in an article that shows he made $40 million from a hotel. I see you’re still struggling to find the point. Have the president made tax payer money by staying and playing at his own resorts?

I assume you are talking about gay marriage here.  Curious about your thoughts on straight marriage and where the government’s power comes from in that regard.

You assumed incorrectly and no , straight marriage isn’t in there either

That’s all many of us were trying to say.

Of course. Here. That makes me (us) an immediate hater of homosexuals.

What we “hated” was your legislation from the bench and lumps like Sotomayor who are there only for that purpose while you have kept actual legal talent like Robert Bork( possibly the most giant legal scholar of our time) from that court somehow.

Doesn’t matter in here though because anything against the group think posted here now is automatically vilified and personal attacks replete with some imagined “racism, homophobic , xenophobic ” assignments are not only immediate, but expected.

Of course those who don’t agree with you are not wanting to face this vitriolic backlash.

But I don’t care at all about that and only covet the expository “character revealing” of those who immediately turn to that sort of bombastic response as a reflection of who they really are, deep down, who would trade in some sort of political discourse for that, with the greatest dispatch.

I could spend a lot of time (a) defending myself here to a bunch of fuckstuck beta male man-buns in skinny jeans or (b)let it go and continue to watch grown people act this way by scribbling out something that is obviously going to launch you into further hysteria orbit.

I picked (b) so you can quit pretending that you are not one who would “go there” in a political discussion.

We get it. The liberal (death spiral) orthodoxy needs be met in lockstep to post here or else the most vile shit possible is completely excusable. Here. The few times I’ve returned fire in this way I’ve been “warned about abusive posting” by the reasonable folks who moderate this space.

So, allowing you your demonstration of character, here, in writing has been my effort so far until you begin to eat your young on Tuesday.

Now. Fuck off
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden