What We Do In The Shadows (Show)

dogbreath

54 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And I think this is the best Lazlo has been. 

He has been on an absolute streak this season.

Knowing that Cornelius Dong’s Adventures in the Boner Brigade had never been published in hardback?  Absolute genius of him to spot that from quite a ways away, and to know the publishing history.

what-we-do-in-the-shadows-lazlo.gif

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Awesome Terry Pratchett shout-out.  

I was jumping up for joy when I saw the Great A'tuin reference!

Pratchett has and always will be my favorite author. I've accumulated practically everything he's done over the years, even some obscure BBC stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

I was jumping up for joy when I saw the Great A'tuin reference!

Pratchett has and always will be my favorite author. I've accumulated practically everything he's done over the years, even some obscure BBC stuff.

I'm unaware of this man.  What was the reference?  I'm open to learning.

4 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

If you love Laszlo (Matt Berry) you should check out the IT Crowd. He shows up at the end of season one and carries the show IMO.

I finally ran across it on Netflix -- it wasn't anywhere to stream when I'd first heard of it a few years back -- and I ran through it pretty quick. Funny damn show and Berry is fantastic in it.

6 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Me too.  I almost lost it at that point, and the whole episode made me laugh.  This is, IMO, the best show on television right now. Hitting on all cylinders.

And this episode is not even close to my favorite of the season, but it had some solid moments, and this was one of those world-builder/plot-builder episodes where important things happen (like Guillermo playing Nadja and Nandor off against one another, and he now has a vampire who owes him).  And once again, Guillermo has shitty luck - he leaves somebody behind to be killed by vampires, and they turn him instead.

And I love the fact that Lazlo and Colin are hanging out, and Lazlo is serious about his friendship with Sean - loved that he has the new vampire out hypnotizing people to buy Sean's pillows.