What We Do In The Shadows (Show)

dogbreath

i am always late to the party for most shows but i just finished S1 of this...and i don't think i've literally laughed out loud this much at a tv show in years 
has it won all the Emmys? bc it should win all the Emmys. every episode has been hysterical.
i mean seriously the vampire council meeting with Wesley on sketchy wifi Skype? ahahahaaahaa
i'm really beginning to think this Taika Waititi fella is kinda good at this.

Yeah he’s great but Jermaine Clement is no slouch either.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I forget what it was the cult leader vampire ate - an apple or something? But the comedic timing/framing/what have you of drinking delicious water, going off to help with the epson printer (and vomit into a trash can), come back and take a bite out of the crisp apple, then the pained look and next scene - perfect.

Also I’m just starting to think about it but Nandor’s accession day celebrating when he rose to power as the leader of Al Quonadar and had the whole harem and everything but he’s too depressed because he’s basically a virgin. The whole joke of his character - Nandor the Relentless who became an immortal vampire and is now a dopey man in Staten Island - such a great show. I wasn’t sure if Guillermo was just selling it when he said that everyone got into it but of course Nadja loves it.

9 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

The movie is good but it feels a little long even though it’s only 90 minutes. I think the premise is much better suited to 30 minutes a week though.

Yeah, it was a good movie, but going with the Office-style rockumentary, you can't get into what they are actually like unless you follow them around during the more inane shit (and I'm not talking about the discussions they had in the kitchen in the movie, etc.).  Seeing Collin's workplace(s), seeing Lazlo getting triggered by somebody telling him to go back to his own country, seeing the Vampiric Council bureaucracy in action, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, YoungCounty said:

Just stumbled onto this show last Tuesday. I had never heard of it. 

A week later, and I am all caught up. This is the funniest show I’ve watched in years. I haven’t laughed this much in a long time. 

Welcome to the party pal. 

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I hope we get an episode where one of them goes down the Q tard hole. Colin Robinson seems like a good candidate.

That would be hilarious. Especially watching Colin explain to his roommates about it. His explanation of the Big Bang in the Atlantic City episode was hilarious especially bc of how Nandor reacted. 

17 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I hope we get an episode where one of them goes down the Q tard hole. Colin Robinson seems like a good candidate.

Colin Robinson would be a good candidate to actually be Q and behind the whole movement.  He could be sucking the energy out of all the Qatards out there. 

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/19/2021 at 12:49 PM, BrazilHorn said:

Am I the only one that likes the TV show 100X more than the movie?

I'd have to go back and see but I think I said that pretty early on. I started with the show and went back and found the movie about halfway through Season 1, or maybe at the end. They're both great but I think the TV cast is better (sorry Jemaine, sorry Taika). And I agree maybe it's better suited to 30-minute episodes than 90-minute movie. I wonder if the TV show being set in NYC/Staten Island rather than Auckland makes it more relatable for us in America?

At any rate, they're both great on their own.

• Hook 'Em 1