Israel

SmokeyBear1861

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Daughter - no pics - said the plan was to gather on the South Mall and march to the capitol and hold prolonged protest there. 

Oh, so the protesters' plan wasn't to disrupt class or whatever bullshit excuse they used to start arresting students? The DPS riot police were there to keep them away from the capitol so as not to embarrass our weak-kneed, spineless governor.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Oh, so the protesters' plan wasn't to disrupt class or whatever bullshit excuse they used to start arresting students? The DPS riot police were there to keep them away from the capitol so as not to embarrass our weak-kneed, spineless governor.

image.jpeg.15e2a89afe2de013cdd17663662a7b9d.jpeg

48 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Embarrassing day 

Not for Greg.  He’s desperate for attention.  Unfortunately he can’t help with Trump’s legal,predicament so Trump will completely miss this while he rage tweets about jurors and judges,.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Not for Greg.  He’s desperate for attention.  Unfortunately he can’t help with Trump’s legal,predicament so Trump will completely miss this while he rage tweets about jurors and judges,.

Trump isn’t going to pick a running mate who ain’t got no legs

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Fuck the press !!!!

Man, there used to be this guy on Austin Access Cable whose whole thing was driving around Austin and videotaping police encounters and preaching about constitutional rights and shit. I forget his name but I guess he was busy or on vacation in Hawaii today or something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

He's not carrying water, he's just being stupid about moderation. BL isn't a chud.

He sure fuckin acts and moderates like a chud. He's letting the fascists and bootlickers set the terms of the conversation, rather then telling them to go eat a bag of dicks. 

Pretty horseshit moderation for sure.

Chucklefucks yammering about cracking skulls are likely in an echo chamber of bullshit as far as information goes. Having their nose rubbed in their own heinous hot takes can’t hurt. And it wasn’t political. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Who called the DPS?  That’s what I’m curious about.  I don’t imagine UTPD did but I could be wrong.  

In one of the videos, a woman quizzed a DPS trooper, and he told her the request had come from UT.

6 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Thinking of stopping all donations to UT related things until Hartzell is gone unless he starts making a statement against the fucking pigs asap 

Then, there's this from the Dean of Students:

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/ut-austin-students-to-protest-in-support-of-gaza-with-class-walk-out-and-campus-sit-in/

image.thumb.png.ede195533f3e8a2df6a06675ae992ed5.png

image.thumb.png.5c0afdd5171759e10806e08c8f5be527.png

image.thumb.png.a81d8341857ad4783702d5203f3f7e15.png

image.thumb.png.3bc25ba9d16dcea6789a6ced0faf1945.png

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

He sure fuckin acts and moderates like a chud. He's letting the fascists and bootlickers set the terms of the conversation, rather then telling them to go eat a bag of dicks. 

BL moderates like a 70s dad would parent.  If the kids aren’t making an ungodly racket he doesn’t gaf what’s going on. When you start making too much noise he’s going to whip everyone’s ass regardless of who is at fault. 

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

He's not carrying water, he's just being stupid about moderation. BL isn't a chud.

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

2 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Pretty horseshit moderation for sure.

Chucklefucks yammering about cracking skulls are likely in an echo chamber of bullshit as far as information goes. Having their nose rubbed in their own heinous hot takes can’t hurt. And it wasn’t political. 

In Blacklab's defense, he's been very consistent in his stance that the thread should be restricted specifically to on-the-ground Gaza war shit. And, to be honest, he's deleted a lot of shit I've reported in that thread where the Right-Wingers go off on protestors, who've been trying to put them in the worst light. 

I'd bet he'd have allowed a new thread devoted to the UT protests as an ongoing, newsworthy event.

2 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

a good chunk of people seriously believe these protests are nothing but about anti-semitism. 

A larger chunk of people don’t even know the word Semite includes Arabs and Persians as well as Hebrew. The more you know.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

I'd bet he'd have allowed a new thread devoted to the UT protests as an ongoing, newsworthy event

It is the WRONG move to memory hole all those posts. It's his favorite move, and it's fucking wrong.

He should have moved the posts to a new thread, rather than just lazily deleting everything. If that's his only solution then @immamac should fucking have a talk with him about destroying his user content and discussion

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It is the WRONG move to memory hole all those posts. It's his favorite move, and it's fucking wrong.

He should have moved the posts to a new thread, rather than just lazily deleting everything. If that's his only solution then @immamac should fucking have a talk with him about destroying his user content and discussion

I absolutely agree with you about deleting content. All of it should've been moved here (edit) or spun off into a new thread.

2nd Edit: I see a new thread with all the original content was created while I was back over here.

Edited by bolverk

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

In one of the videos, a woman quizzed a DPS trooper, and he told her the request had come from UT.

Then, there's this from the Dean of Students:

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/ut-austin-students-to-protest-in-support-of-gaza-with-class-walk-out-and-campus-sit-in/

image.thumb.png.ede195533f3e8a2df6a06675ae992ed5.png

image.thumb.png.5c0afdd5171759e10806e08c8f5be527.png

image.thumb.png.a81d8341857ad4783702d5203f3f7e15.png

image.thumb.png.3bc25ba9d16dcea6789a6ced0faf1945.png

Such horseshit.

i actually think the protestors are dumb self absorbed kids, but you know what?  This exactly the time in their life to be dumb self absorbed kids. Let them fucking do it loudly and in the open while being peaceful. Which they were.

Calling fucking gestapo thugs to beat them up is the exactly the type of thing I would expect the president of Texas to know NOT TO DO.  its fucking lose/lose

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Thinking of stopping all donations to UT related things until Hartzell is gone unless he starts making a statement against the fucking pigs asap 

To be clear, this is not Hartzell's doing.  This was deployed by Abbott via Eltife & Longoria.  Even chancellor Milliken was left out of the loop.  Eltife and Abbott seized on this to make a bullshit force posture.  Everybody else was left with their dick out.  But yes, Hartzell can go about things differently but it's probably too late.  

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

To be clear, this is not Hartzell's doing.  This was deployed by Abbott via Eltife & Longoria.  Even chancellor Milliken was left out of the loop.  Eltife and Abbott seized on this to make a bullshit force posture.  Everybody else was left with their dick out.  But yes, Hartzell can go about things differently but it's probably too late.  

If”UT” really asked for troopers that means Hartzell asked for troopers. He needs to be gone

• Hook 'Em 6

Other proof may come out down the road, I'm not saying I know definitively.  But it appears that the protest was known ahead of time and the usual UTPD presence was deployed as we've seen dozens of times each year for decades.  Out of the blue, without consulting Hartzell or Milliken or the UTPD 'boots on the ground' (I'm sure some sort of tactical contact was made with the Assistant Chiefs), Abbott and a couple of Regents decided to drop the hammer and show some force for political capital and to prevent a march on the Dome and curry favor with "free speech" friends on the far right.  Now, Jay have been pressured to give some sort of tacit "okay" to the deployment, but I seriously doubt he was behind it organically.  

tl; dr, we are in for months of finger pointing and national shame.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

Can’t find the original though which is making me skeptical.

search the hashtag and you'll see a fair number of UT profs posting it but I can't tell where it originated. the hashtag dates back to the firing of DEI staff though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Then that needs to be put out. Of course, Hartzell won't because his job is then on the line but it needs to be blanketed in the press. What a stupid black eye these dipshit MAGA regents did to our University's image. 

• Rage+1 4

Yeah, he's in a shit spot I do not envy.  I feel like that "Jesus Johnny" meme of like "I know we were trying culturally assimilate into the SEC, but Jesus, Jay!"  

My intimate UT bias aside, this one is gonna sting for awhile.  It does seem from some initial backchannels that telegraphed this from up on high and left Jay and J.B. holding their dicks until the last minute.  

This makes Gene Powell & Alex Cranberg look like progressive visionaries by comparison 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Hartzell should resign. Either in protest or in disgrace, I care not which. 

I'm not here yet, but only because I'm waiting for more facts to come out. I'm about 80% there, though.

• Like 1

Remind me what authority a college administrator has over the State Police?  

There's somebody that should resign, but you guys are barking up the wrong tree and defending the wrong piece of shit.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

I'm not here yet, but only because I'm waiting for more facts to come out. I'm about 80% there, though.

Much like trump on Jan 6, his growing silence through the day is making things worse and worse. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, he's in a shit spot I do not envy.  I feel like that "Jesus Johnny" meme of like "I know we were trying culturally assimilate into the SEC, but Jesus, Jay!"  

My intimate UT bias aside, this one is gonna sting for awhile.  It does seem from some initial backchannels that telegraphed this from up on high and left Jay and J.B. holding their dicks until the last minute.  

This makes Gene Powell & Alex Cranberg look like progressive visionaries by comparison 

Fuck him. His actions or omissions put my daughter in harm’s way today. She was in class in the six pack while that shit was happening

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 4