AISD Teacher / Baldwin Elementary

Wally Pryor

Read about this guy last week and was apparently beloved within the school.   Then apparently killed himself.   More now coming to light.   And a wife and 2 kids...

Authorities say they were investigating an Austin elementary school teacher before he was found dead unexpectedly last week.

According to Austin police, the child abuse unit had been investigating Bill Crowley, a fifth grade teacher at Baldwin Elementary School in Southwest Austin, after they said they received a complaint from a juvenile. They said it appeared the allegation was an isolated incident and said that all parties in that investigation had been notified.

The Hays County sheriff’s office said Crowley was found dead at 4:30 p.m. on April 15 in a vehicle parked in church parking lot in Dripping Springs. They did not say how he died and are awaiting the results of an autopsy. No foul play is suspected, they said.

“Due to the unfortunate passing of Mr. Crowley, and the open investigation, we feel it would be inappropriate to make any further comment until more facts can be gathered,” Austin police said in a statement Tuesday.

The Baldwin Elementary School principal praised Crowley in a letter to parents last week, informing them of his death.

“Mr. Crowley has served the Baldwin Elementary community and inspired many students and staff with his love for learning and his dedication to all children,” Jennifer Murray wrote in the letter. “He is survived by his loving wife, Robin and two children. He will be missed and our prayers and heartfelt condolences go out to his family, friends, co-workers and loved ones.”

The principal followed up with an emailed statement to parents on Saturday, telling them said she had been notified that Austin school district police were collaborating with law enforcement agencies, including the Travis County Child Protection Team, to “address concerns regarding the passing of Mr. Crowley.”

The email said little else about what the investigation was regarding but that all affected families had been notified and no information indicated that any other Austin school district students or staff were involved.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20190424/austin-elementary-teacher-found-dead-was-under-investigation-authorities-say

My kids don’t go to Baldwin but they have lots of friends who do. I saw this guys memorial gofundme on FB.  Lots of parents I know had solid praise for the guy.  This sounds terrible.  I hope the allegation turns out to be unfounded, but it’s hrd to believe he’d kill himself if it was.  

7 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

This is going to be something bad. I wouldn't donate just yet...

I get what you’re saying and agree it will probably be bad. But he left behind a wife and two kids. They’ll need help and I wouldn’t regret donating. Not their fault. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LonghornJones said:

HSO: Men should not be elementary school teachers. 

It will always depend on qualifications and interviews but I’m doing all I can to hire one or two more men at my elementary school for next year. I only have a couple and they are always highly requested by parents and are amazing educators. 

30 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

It will always depend on qualifications and interviews but I’m doing all I can to hire one or two more men at my elementary school for next year. I only have a couple and they are always highly requested by parents and are amazing educators. 

Why do parents request male teachers?

Different reason for each person. Child respond better to males, no father figure at home, mom thinks he’s hot, etc.

In general, men at elementary schools run fun, engaging classes and the kids beg to be in them. They are more likely to go play sports with the kids at recess and are just more noticeable as a minority. When I was a teacher I was on a grade level with another man for exactly one year. Pay just doesn’t cut it or more guys might be interested. 

2 hours ago, Mwm said:

You are wrong—This IS NOT the same Bill Crowley. Shame on you for posting this!

Maybe the Statesman got it wrong. Hell maybe Curt Bohls is doing local current events now. But if you know something the Statesman doesn’t then please share it. 

Because that article clearly says it’s the same guy and that AISD didn’t know about it because the record had been expunged. The AISD superintendent even went so far and to say maybe they should check social media accounts and google when they background check (No shit.. ya think? I’ve had tinder dates that did a more thorough background check that AISD apparently). 

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Maybe the Statesman got it wrong. Hell maybe Curt Bohls is doing local current events now. But if you know something the Statesman doesn’t then please share it. 

Because that article clearly says it’s the same guy and that AISD didn’t know about it because the record had been expunged. The AISD superintendent even went so far and to say maybe they should check social media accounts and google when they background check (No shit.. ya think? I’ve had tinder dates that did a more thorough background check that AISD apparently). 

Do expunged records typically show up in a background check? Also, wasn’t he acquitted? I always check social media on my hires but most are locked down, as they should be. 

Edited by Larry T. Spider

4 hours ago, Your Mom said:

For fucks sake- Stay off tinder, mom