Jump to content

Lieutenant gov. Dan Patrick


Voldemort86
 Share

Recommended Posts

Why do people vote for this psycho?

 

hes way too conservative, even for Texas. The guy is a carpet bagger and can’t relate to urban Texans at all. I just think it’s baffling, if people did their homework or actually paid attention, he probably wouldn’t be running our state senate right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do people vote for this psycho?
 
hes way too conservative, even for Texas. The guy is a carpet bagger and can’t relate to urban Texans at all. I just think it’s baffling, if people did their homework or actually paid attention, he probably wouldn’t be running our state senate right now. 

Party.
















State.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

Why?

Because the large bulk of Texas voters don’t actually follow politics. They just pick the team that their granddaddy used to root for 

They don'tt vote thee way i want them to, so they don't look at politics at all, and are dumb.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Why?

Because the large bulk of Texas voters don’t actually follow politics. They just pick the team that their granddaddy used to root for 

In granddaddy’s time, the Democrats ran things.  

Hell, Rick Perry ran Al Gore’s Texas campaign back in ‘88.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Why do people keep voting for Gohmert?

Why do they vote for Stickland?

Because they have an R by their name. 

Why do people keep voting for Sheila Jackson Lee? 

Why do people keep voting for Al Green?

Because they are the same color as them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Why do people keep voting for Gohmert?

Why do they vote for Stickland?

Because they have an R by their name. 

So explain SJL or Maxine...

 

 

Well crap, late again.

Edited by SHOOTER12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 77horn said:

Well, that would have been the Democrats.

I said team, not party. Yeah the team was under a different name back in that time, but it’s the same team...just like the Oilers/Titans. Figured that was obvious.

9 hours ago, workswithseed said:

They don'tt vote thee way i want them to, so they don't look at politics at all, and are dumb.

When you consider the sheer volume of people who vote against their interests, not to mention the bewildering inanities that are in the Republican Party platform, it’s very curious that such a statement of obvious fact could make you all butthurt about it.

Edited by hpslugga
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

it’s the same team...just like the Oilers/Titans

You shut your filthy whore mouth. The Titans are not the Oilers.  The Oilers broke my heart.  I could give a fiddler’s fuck what the Titans do. Hell, after the fuckery with the Oilers, I was done with the NFL. Bud Adams deserved to die alone.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hpslugga said:
5 hours ago, hpslugga said:

When you consider the sheer volume of people who vote against their interests, not to mention the bewildering inanities that are in the Republican Party platform, it’s very curious that such a statement of obvious fact could make you all butthurt about it.

 

How do you know what most of Texans interests are?

I mean if you want to, you can start going out all over Texas and tell them why they should vote the way you do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, workswithseed said:

How do you know what most of Texans interests are?

Because there are nearly 30 million of us living here and it’s beyond asinine, not to mention impossible, to believe that every single one of them belongs in the top 1% of the US’ income bracket.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Because there are nearly 30 million of us living here and it’s beyond asinine, not to mention impossible, to believe that every single one of them belongs in the top 1% of the US’ income bracket.

Here we are with Texas bringing in new people everyday with the 2nd largest GDP with growing fields other than O&G. There is something keeping and bringing more people in. It's not as pretty as California, but Texas has something going right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do people vote for this psycho?
 
hes way too conservative, even for Texas. The guy is a carpet bagger and can’t relate to urban Texans at all. I just think it’s baffling, if people did their homework or actually paid attention, he probably wouldn’t be running our state senate right now. 


State of 30,000,000 that’s right of center enough to vote R in the general but the only R candidates in the general are whackos chosen by about 600,000 evangelicals and olds scared of anyone different in the primaries. So there you have it, 2% of the population dictate the choice.

How do you change it? Until the state is purple it’s up to Republicans to engage in the primaries and offer reasonable conservative alternatives.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, troph said:

 


State of 30,000,000 that’s right of center enough to vote R in the general but the only R candidates in the general are whackos chosen by about 600,000 evangelicals and olds scared of anyone different in the primaries. So there you have it, 2% of the population dictate the choice.

How do you change it? Until the state is purple it’s up to Republicans to engage in the primaries and offer reasonable conservative alternatives.

 

It’s unfortunate, but what I’m seeing right now is people in the cities getting out voted by rural / suburb folks.

the Texas legislative session of 2017 was embarassing. Other states were laughing at us. We should be ashamed. Dan Patrick is a fucking idiot who is an out of touch carpet bagger. You’re right,  I wish the Republican Party of Texas would run someone credible against him. He doesn’t think like most Texans think.

I wish more people in the cities would get out to vote so that our voices are actually heard. Texas social policy is equivalent with wyoming or Idaho and I hate it.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2019 at 7:34 PM, hpslugga said:

Why?

Because the large bulk of Texas voters don’t actually follow politics. They just pick the team that their granddaddy used to root for 

They just pick the vaguely racist team. 

 

On 4/26/2019 at 7:06 PM, Voldemort86 said:

Why do people vote for this psycho?

Because they are fuckwits.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For Patrick specifically, it’s weird. I can think of several people who vote solidly GOP-and did in the last election too-who didn’t vote for him. Based on how close his race was, that wasn’t uncommon. 

Id say he’s pretty unpopular compared to the other big state officeholders, he’s just not quite unpopular enough .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never followed state races until 2018, and then I haven't followed up since then.  I think it is a lot easier to ignore Texas politics than it is local and national.  Maybe that is just me and the way I expose myself to media. 

But I do have a bit of patience if people just don't get it.

Mike Collier was clearly a better candidate, but he really was not the kind of person to have enough pizzazz to make people care.  I thought that was a plus but not enough people knew who he was.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2019 at 8:06 PM, Voldemort86 said:

Why do people vote for this psycho?

 

hes way too conservative, even for Texas. The guy is a carpet bagger and can’t relate to urban Texans at all. I just think it’s baffling, if people did their homework or actually paid attention, he probably wouldn’t be running our state senate right now. 

"Dan Patrick?  I love him on ESPN.  He's got my vote!"

11 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

It’s unfortunate, but what I’m seeing right now is people in the cities getting out voted by rural / suburb folks.

the Texas legislative session of 2017 was embarassing. Other states were laughing at us. We should be ashamed. Dan Patrick is a fucking idiot who is an out of touch carpet bagger. You’re right,  I wish the Republican Party of Texas would run someone credible against him. He doesn’t think like most Texans think.

I wish more people in the cities would get out to vote so that our voices are actually heard. Texas social policy is equivalent with wyoming or Idaho and I hate it.

Or they don't vote.  And he'd be right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s unfortunate, but what I’m seeing right now is people in the cities getting out voted by rural / suburb folks.

the Texas legislative session of 2017 was embarassing. Other states were laughing at us. We should be ashamed. Dan Patrick is a fucking idiot who is an out of touch carpet bagger. You’re right,  I wish the Republican Party of Texas would run someone credible against him. He doesn’t think like most Texans think.

I wish more people in the cities would get out to vote so that our voices are actually heard. Texas social policy is equivalent with wyoming or Idaho and I hate it.

It’s changing. Republicans aren’t taking their primary back but Dems put up the best slate in 20+ years. And the disdain for radical intolerance based conservatism among conservatives is growing making a moderate Democrat a better option in the general.

 

The lege still has major battles left to fight but even without Strauss it’s better this time - we think.

 

Next election cycle we are going after the instigators though. Some suburbs are going to see major dump of cash from progressives.

 

I hope some of you will step up and give to local Texas races we need it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t have a lot of money to give to politics so I’ve started only giving to local Texas races where my money would make a difference. Suburban Texas house races are a great place to start for people that want to get into this and feel like they are making an impact. Bucy, a Democrat, won my district which is made up of western round rock and cedar park. He’s been in the legislature fighting hard for education in his first term. The house could look very different in a few cycles if we get more people like him in there.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t have a lot of money to give to politics so I’ve started only giving to local Texas races where my money would make a difference. Suburban Texas house races are a great place to start for people that want to get into this and feel like they are making an impact. Bucy, a Democrat, won my district which is made up of western round rock and cedar park. He’s been in the legislature fighting hard for education in his first term. The house could look very different in a few cycles if we get more people like him in there.

That’s awesome!

I moved over from HRC to one of the more prominent Texas based progressive organizations for volunteering to spend more time on Texas politics instead of national politics. We are going to flip the Texas House.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Because Texas, politically speaking, is still largely a shit hole state.

Times may be a changin'.

The urban population is growing faster than the rural counties.  By a lot.  I’m sure it will be like IL soon with Chicago making the state D despite the rest of the state being full of R’s...Usually the worst kind too...bible thumping hypocrites.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, troph said:

It’s changing. Republicans aren’t taking their primary back but Dems put up the best slate in 20+ years. And the disdain for radical intolerance based conservatism among conservatives is growing making a moderate Democrat a better option in the general.

 

The lege still has major battles left to fight but even without Strauss it’s better this time - we think.

 

Next election cycle we are going after the instigators though. Some suburbs are going to see major dump of cash from progressives.

 

I hope some of you will step up and give to local Texas races we need it.

 

10 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

I don’t have a lot of money to give to politics so I’ve started only giving to local Texas races where my money would make a difference. Suburban Texas house races are a great place to start for people that want to get into this and feel like they are making an impact. Bucy, a Democrat, won my district which is made up of western round rock and cedar park. He’s been in the legislature fighting hard for education in his first term. The house could look very different in a few cycles if we get more people like him in there.

 

Quoted for emphasis. Democrats cut the R margin in the house by more than half in one election. That is massive. They are nine seats from a house majority. Now, flipping outright is a longshot, but six GOP seats had R vote percentages of 56 percent or less. In the Senate race, Cornyn himself is out here talking about how he feels like he has to try now. There are five US House seats that are realistic shots at flipping, and while they will be close, the two flips from 18 probably aren't going back to the GOP with Trump on the ballot (maybe for a while given demographics in those districts). Democrats need to keep up the offensive.

We need to keep the foot on the gas. The state almost certainly isn't going to flip in any meaningful way in 2020, but the foundation laid in 2018 can be built on, and there is huge strategic value in making the GOP defend what was essentially their version of CA or NY - an ATM for national campaigns with literally zero concerns about defending seats. What it will cost for the GOP to fight for Texas is what it would cost them to compete in several other swing states combined. And they don't have a second TX waiting in the wings.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

The urban population is growing faster than the rural counties.  By a lot.  I’m sure it will be like IL soon with Chicago making the state D despite the rest of the state being full of R’s...Usually the worst kind too...bible thumping hypocrites.  

It will take another couple of cycles to happen, but barring some seismic shift in political climate/alignment, the trend line is pretty clear. It will get there. Same way you saw CO and VA flip based on urban areas, and is about to happen in A. Just takes longer in a bigger, more diverse state.

Most of this state already lives in the big six metro areas. As a whole, those areas range from purple to solid blue. Even Tarrant and Williamson County went blue in 2018 and the D takeover of Harris County was emphatically completed in 2018. As the GOP margin narrows in the DFW and Houston suburbs, they don't have the votes to make up for it elsewhere.

Voter-eligible population growth is driven by two things here: People moving in from out of state for jobs, and organic population growth among the black and hispanic communities. The former trend educated and many are coming from blue states. That is a net negative for the GOP and we have seen that play out in the cities and suburbs with how they've shifted. The latter obviously don't vote for Rs at a real high clip, hence the voter suppression efforts out of the state GOP. They know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Normal GOP is fiscally responsible government and normal Christianity is minding one's own business.

So lowering the deficit and cutting taxes. I would love that too.

Christians biggest fuss is abortion, and hard to tell people who believe you're killing a human that you're not killing a human. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

So lowering the deficit and cutting taxes. I would love that too.

Christians biggest fuss is abortion, and hard to tell people who believe you're killing a human that you're not killing a human. 

They might want to start applying that rationale to born human beings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...