The Rockets officially taking on the referees

Goo Punch

12 minutes ago, retread said:

If you're GS you like it b/c it def affects JH's shots. He's gonna try to draw the foul anyway, so why not make him uncomfortable doing it.

If you're Harden, you know that GS is gonna be near you when you land, so you have to do something to protect your ankles (kicking legs out towards defender).

::popcorn::

And you can bet every Golden State fan and Steve Kerr would bitch for days if limb ankle Curry or Klay gets taken out of the series by landing on a Rocket defender's foot during the same type of 3 point close out they are doing to every Rockets's shooter.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

No one in the NBA respects Scott Foster. He's one of the worst officials in the league, he gets playoffs games because of seniority only.

Ok. That has nothing to do with the fact that the rockets don’t get to dictate who their officials are.

19 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Ok. That has nothing to do with the fact that the rockets don’t get to dictate who their officials are.

And where has that been posted that was what they are trying to do? Foster sucks and every team bitches when the known shitty ref that doesn't like them pops up for a big game. Example was the Spurs head ref that hated timmy D. I have seen nothing posted by the Rockets organization stating they wish they could hand pick officials? can you post that link or are you just taking surly posters as Rockets Execs?

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Wait, so Mark Cuban is right and the Rockets are wrong?

This thread should go well now.

giphy.gif

Wow I thought you were the numbers guy?

You can't see that little graph is bullshit? Did you read the parameters? Ah I guess you just trolling with that image. Ya got me!

Foster in, Rockets out

Edited by Zavala

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

And where has that been posted that was what they are trying to do? Foster sucks and every team bitches when the known shitty ref that doesn't like them pops up for a big game. Example was the Spurs head ref that hated timmy D. I have seen nothing posted by the Rockets organization stating they wish they could hand pick officials? can you post that link or are you just taking surly posters as Rockets Execs?

Jesus Christ the basketball board sucks come playoffs.

Crawford was fine after the incident and I never had any problem with him reffing Spurs games.

Also everyone hates Foster. Warriors, Spurs (can confirm) and I'm sure many other teams as well.

Keep crying though. As a Spurs fan this thread is awesome.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Crawford was fine after the incident and I never had any problem with him reffing Spurs games.

Also everyone hates Foster. Warriors, Spurs (can confirm) and I'm sure many other teams as well.

Keep crying though. As a Spurs fan this thread is awesome.

Cool man enjoy the offseason.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
10 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:
Cool man enjoy the offseason.

Will do. I'll have a rod and reel waiting for you in about 8 days.

Draymond Green should get his shit together, his kicks are D- compared to Bowen

Also, it's ironic how much fun you are having watching the Rockets get the Kawai treatment. Didn't that jumping under guys shit from the Warriors ruin your entire franchise?

Edited by Zavala

7 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Draymond Green should get his shit together, his kicks are D- compared to Bowen

Also, it's ironic how much fun you are having watching the Rockets get the Kawai treatment. Didn't that jumping under guys shit from the Warriors ruin your entire franchise?

LOL.  Bringing up a guy who played a decade ago.  

tenor.gif?itemid=3609069

Pick up your game, man.... 

14 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Well, Rockets fans do need to use 20+ year old gifs because they don't have any more recent successes they can point to.  

Harden. Paul. D'Antoni. Houston/aggy sports.

I couldn't draw up a more perfect combination of pieces to make up the "really good team that will always blow it due to some combination of choking, stupidity, and cosmic fate" team if I tried. It's fantastic. 

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

I couldn't draw up a more perfect combination of pieces to make up the "really good team that will always blow it due to some combination of choking, stupidity, and cosmic fate" if I tried. It's fantastic. 

They put together a litany of losers and expected to win.  I love the high expectations and annual schadenfreude when they inevitably fail.

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

That's what they claim, but the assignments are not announced publicly until the day of the game, hence the articles about Foster today. It could easily be shifted behind the scenes if the NBA wanted, or in the event a ref couldn't do his job (out sick, family issues, etc).  The assignment of Foster is just hilarious for so many reasons, but it should be fun to watch the game tonight. All eyes will be on him

I have to wonder though, does anyone think all this bitching about the refs is helping the NBA get more viewership? We know they are hurting from it being down so much this year, but would a ton of controversy about the refs drive more viewers to this series?

I would think it's counterproductive for the league, but I have no evidence either way. Should be interesting to see how it goes from game to game in this series. 

Edited by Dutchrudder

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

I couldn't draw up a more perfect combination of pieces to make up the "really good team that will always blow it due to some combination of choking, stupidity, and cosmic fate" team if I tried. It's fantastic. 

And I can’t think of a more apt comparison than San Antonio and fat cholas

Edited by Johnny Sack

5 hours ago, Zavala said:

Wow I thought you were the numbers guy?

You can't see that little graph is bullshit? Did you read the parameters? Ah I guess you just trolling with that image. Ya got me!

Foster in, Rockets out

You didn't really just post a Skip Bayless link in support of your position, did you?  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Well, Rockets fans do need to use 20+ year old gifs because they don't have any more recent successes they can point to.  

Don’t worry, TMac and Yao will be healthy next year.  Then they’re really gonna run it back like they should 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Even Houston fans gotta admit CP3 is the biggest bitch flopper of all time. This is just from last night. 

Huge flop as the ball is getting stolen: 

https://streamable.com/nvy8q

Hated this play when it happened, for multiple reasons:

- Lazy inbounds pass from Harden

- CP3, instead of quickly closing on the second-best three-point shooter of all time, decides instead to fling himself on the court looking for a foul (leaving Klay wide open).

- Harden compounds this by raising his arms and looking to the refs for a foul instead of closing on Klay or picking up Iggy

It's a miracle the play didn't hurt them more than it did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

Hated this play when it happened, for multiple reasons:

- Lazy inbounds pass from Harden

- CP3, instead of quickly closing on the second-best three-point shooter of all time, decides instead to fling himself on the court looking for a foul (leaving Klay wide open).

- Harden compounds this by raising his arms and looking to the refs for a foul instead of closing on Klay or picking up Iggy

It's a miracle the play didn't hurt them more than it did.

Perfect example of why they will never lead a championship team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Even Houston fans gotta admit CP3 is the biggest bitch flopper of all time. This is just a few from from last night. 

Huge flop as the ball is getting stolen: 

https://streamable.com/nvy8q

That last video is priceless. I mean, I get it, Steph, Dray, and Iggy acted like they got hit by a train every time CP3 dribbled into them on a fast break, resulting in a handful of offensive fouls in the series. Out-flopping the master. But flopping twice in one play (the 2nd trying to mimic getting trampled? Who fucking knows) because 185 lbs. Steph put his hip into you? Enjoy your vacation.

40 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

That last video is priceless. I mean, I get it, Steph, Dray, and Iggy acted like they got hit by a train every time CP3 dribbled into them on a fast break, resulting in a handful of offensive fouls in the series. Out-flopping the master. But flopping twice in one play (the 2nd trying to mimic getting trampled? Who fucking knows) because 185 lbs. Steph put his hip into you? Enjoy your vacation.

I don't make a habit of defending CP, but I don't see it that way. Once he's already down, I think he starts to make a play at the ball and realizes "oh shit, I'm gonna pick up a foul if I do this" and throws himself away from Steph/the ball

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hate said:

If Harden and CP spent half as much time attacking the rim and creating for teammates as they did trying to slow down in front of defenders to draw a foul, the Rockets would be much better.

No a better strategy is just bitch and complain after losing so you can point out all the bad calls the big bad evil refs made against you and claim the league is out to get you and wanted you to lose....