2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

Smart that they announced it now, as it gives the team nearly 48 hours to mentally prepare. Gordon gets to start, Green is going to play a shit load of minutes. Need Anderson to come in and hit 3+ 3's, or ISO Joe to the rescue.

Though I'd start Green and let Gordon come off the bench to facilitate the 2nd team while Harden sits. Going to have to stagger their minutes

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Smart that they announced it now, as it gives the team nearly 48 hours to mentally prepare. Gordon gets to start, Green is going to play a shit load of minutes. Need Anderson to come in and hit 3+ 3's.

That's not why they announced it. The team already knew before the announcement was made. The hope was to stem the tide of media questions once folks noticed CP3 didn't get off of the plane in Oakland.

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

That's not why they announced it. The team already knew before the announcement was made. The hope was to stem the tide of media questions once folks noticed CP3 didn't get off of the plane in Oakland.

Not too mention it puts added pressure on the Warriors to win this game. They are going to get hammered if they lose this series at home without the 2nd best Rocket playing.

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

If CP3 doesn’t play and, as a result, the Rockets lose the WCF 4-3, was it a successful season? I say absolutely.

Shit yeah it is. Regardless of everything else that happens, the Rockets have absolutely proved they are on GS's level.

Not to mention there is still no better landing spot for LeBron, and this post season definitely has to speak to him about how he'd fit in Houston. The future is still super bright for these Rockets.

2 minutes ago, BigXII said:

So, assume the Rockets get it done without CP3 and advance. What are the odds he'll be able to play in the finals?

per ESPN, "Paul has been sidelined by a hamstring injury on four occasions during his career. His shortest absence due to a hamstring injury was two games, which occurred during the 2015 West semifinals against the Rockets when he played for the Los Angeles Clippers. A hamstring injury sidelined Paul for five games in January 2012, seven games in December 2016 and January 2017, and three games in March this season."

I like giving most of Paul's minutes to Luc for defense.

But give about 15 of Paul's minutes to Ryno and let him have 5 or 6 deep balls.  Maybe he hits 3 of them.

And Harden has to go absolutely apeshit.  If he can drop 40+ and we can continue forcing contested jumpers, we've got a shot.  

Hell, we just won without Harden.  Why can't we win without CP3?

Sorry, but I still don't want Ryno seeing the floor more than a handful of minutes.  He is a guaranteed bucket on the other end for the Warriors, and he just misses too many wide open 3's.  

Gerald Green proved he can play stout defense the past couple of games, especially in the 4th quarter of Game 4.  Extra minutes for Green + LMAM should be the formula.

Edited by Planet Houston
  • Like 2

But give about 15 of Paul's minutes to Ryno and let him have 5 or 6 deep balls.  Maybe he hits 3 of them.
And Harden has to go absolutely apeshit.  If he can drop 40+ and we can continue forcing contested jumpers, we've got a shot.  
Sooo... hide Harden on dray or klay. Luc guards steph/klay, pj &Ariza on KD..

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The fuck happened to Ryan Anderson? I was terrified of him hitting 7 3s a game vs Minnesota..and I don't think hes hit a shot all playoffs

Because no one guards him in the regular season and in the playoffs they do and he can’t handle the pressure. And he can’t play defense so he’s a liability worse than green. 

1 hour ago, runthebone said:

Just guessing, but I think he is going to try to play game 7 no matter what if necessary.  May come out after one possession, of course.  The Willis Reed effect--Harden can be Frazier.

There is no doubt he's going to play in game 7. He could have his leg amputated and he's still going to play.

Though if the Rockets could pull it out tomorrow night, then Paul would get until May 31st to rest for the finals. With the finals being much more friendlier to resting as only 1 game is played with less than 2 days rest.

Edited by HtownHorn

56 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The fuck happened to Ryan Anderson? I was terrified of him hitting 7 3s a game vs Minnesota..and I don't think hes hit a shot all playoffs

They have been winning with team defense. He can't effectively guard multiple different Warrior players like all the other guys.

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Sooo... hide Harden on dray or klay. Luc guards steph/klay, pj &Ariza on KD..

Hide him on Livingston or whoever - then let him defend. If he wants to he can defend. 2:30

4 hours ago, Sidney Sherman said:

They have been winning with team defense. He can't effectively guard multiple different Warrior players like all the other guys.

To be fair, he can guard multiple positions equally well. 

Edited by runthebone

12 hours ago, runthebone said:

To be fair, he can guard multiple positions equally well. 

Ryno? He's a worse defender than the other potential guys filling in.. Luc, Gerald, Nene..

http://official.nba.com/2017-18-nba-officiating-last-two-minute-reports/

Apparently, no mistakes were made. My eyes must been lying on that out of bounds that official replay review...

• Like 1

Houston's window is very small and dead this year due to CP3, hope not, but reality is hard. I feel sorry for the young fans in HTOwn, i remember being heartbroken in 1980 with the Astros and 1981 with the Rockets. It's crushing at a young age really. Since the window is so short for old CP3 and others on the team, i'd pull the trigger on a Lebron for Harden deal. How do you guys feel about that? I think CLE would take it since Harden is so much younger but they would want picks and we would want to unload RA. I think it  can be done. Would Morey pull the trigger?

• Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

Houston's window is very small and dead this year due to CP3, hope not, but reality is hard. I feel sorry for the young fans in HTOwn, i remember being heartbroken in 1980 with the Astros and 1981 with the Rockets. It's crushing at a young age really. Since the window is so short for old CP3 and others on the team, i'd pull the trigger on a Lebron for Harden deal. How do you guys feel about that? I think CLE would take it since Harden is so much younger but they would want picks and we would want to unload RA. I think it  can be done. Would Morey pull the trigger?

No

51 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

I say this as someone who absolutely loves lebron, and a spurs fan and not really big on the Rockets, but that would be pretty dumb of Houston. If you can lure him there it's one thing, but don't give up Harden.

1 hour ago, Orca of Peace said:

you're a fucking idiot.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

Harden isn't the all world of Lebron.  Granted LBJ only has 2 high level years left, but so do the Rockets after cp3 is finished. The future is now for Houston, 2020 is irrelevant. 

Neither team would make that deal. LeGOAT wouldn't even be allowed to leave the East because the nba has a business to run. They couldn't have a finals without Durant or James. 

Maybe one with Harden and LeBron would be ok. We will see... the way that game was officiated AT HOME leads me to believe they are going to get the Warriors even if they are playing like total shit. 

6 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

Hey douche I thought I was pretty clear that you should stick to the series thread. GTFO

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

35 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

As a lifelong Dallas, and Maverick fan that is supposed to hate everything Houston .... good luck tonight and in Game 7.  I'm rooting for y'all.

Hope we won't need the game 7. I'm supposed to hate everything Dallas but was rooting for yall over Miami for sure. I think we can all agree fuck the Spurs.