2018 Rain Thread

Hollywood

11 hours ago, F250 said:

Yeah, everyone was dropping large amounts of candy in my kid's bags. Once the rain stopped everyone hit the streets for a small window of trick or treating.

Dude, I was being lazy / nice at the beginning, and just held the bowl out, and the kids asked if it was okay if they got 2.  I was astonished.  When we were kids, a fistful was appropriate if presented with the bowl (at least in our old 'hood).  I started shoveling candy in their bags we had so much left over.

Fucking stay at home moms in my neighborhood are taking their kids out tonight to trick or treat since they didn't get to yesterday.  I handed out candy last night, sorry you didn't have a plan B.

If they had plan b in the first place they wouldn’t have to take their kids trick or treating.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I saw this morning and was pissed.  I don't post there, but I check it daily.  It was my go to page for Houston area weather events.  I will very badly miss that page and can't figure out why they would have killed it.  It seemed as if it caught everyone there completely off guard, including several pro mets that post there.

Edited by Hate

40 minutes ago, Hate said:

I saw this morning and was pissed.  I don't post there, but I check it daily.  It was my go to page for Houston area weather events.  I will very badly miss that page and can't figure out why they would have killed it.  It seemed as if it caught everyone there completely off guard, including several pro mets that post there.

Yep, pretty much bullshit.

I mean how hard is it just to keep it going?

2 fronts coming:

1) Wed afternoon, isolated rain, not much of an event.  Temps go 10° lower.
2) Thurs evening, more rain, up to an inch in places, most half.  Followed by a definite cooldown.

Temps Friday into the weekend will be 50's for highs, low in mid-lower 40's.  It's gonna be fall.

13 hours ago, Hate said:

It’s back up until the end of November.

They need their grass cut, too.

(Tonight the most rain probability of the next 3 days... most of it with the next front colliding with a small disturbance moving NE out of Me-hee-co.  Middle of the night.  Tomorrow it'll be in the 50's and stay there for at least 5-6 more days.)

Nobember is here.

2 hours ago, Hate said:

Well, if you call getting 3 inches a humble brag, then yes.  And Frankie is right.  I do very badly need my yard mowed.  The lawn guys haven't been able to mow in 3 weeks.  

I’ve been mowing mine once/wk still so I don’t have to rake leaves.   Sorry MotherEarth 

Edited by Trey3216

A little more rain coming Monday, but probably not quite this event.  Not going to be a freezing problem of any sort around here, as 1) most of the rain will fall pre-front, and 2) temps won't get to freezing in most of ATX.  Problems might start about Georgetown north, maybe Burnet and out NW.  Updates in winter thread if necessary (but I don't think it'll be unless you're traveling north of us, and most of that isn't going to be anything but a light dusting or patchy freezes on roads.

• 3 weeks later...

Heaviest rain forecast in about 5 weeks.  FWIW.

The forecast is kind of complex, involving about 3 different lows (2 which now exist and one which hasn't yet formed).  It's this third low that will determine rain amounts - where exactly it forms and where a front brought in by one of the other lows stalls.  These forecasts aren't slam dunks due to all the timing things that need to happen, but certainly we'll get some rain - best chance since late October.

For now... cool, cloudy thru Wednesday, Thursday becomes humid and kind of soupy, light rain or drizzle but definitely not much more than a dampening of the roads here and there.  Moisture builds in Friday with one low coming in from Cali down through the SW desert, another low tracking well north of us but sweeping down a weak cool front, and a third low forming somewhere near/over us triggered by these other ones.  Bulk of rain Friday day into evening, tapering off into Saturday.  Remote chance of severe, but won't remark on that more unless something comes of it.