2018 Rain Thread

Hollywood

There was a sinkhole that opened up this morning over on 35th street near the Shoal Creek bridge, in front of St. Davids.  Wonder what more rain is going to do to it.

Given Austin drivers, I'm surprised half a dozen people didn't destroy their cars driving over it before a cop car got there to block it off (still small when I saw it).

There was a sinkhole that opened up this morning over on 35th street near the Shoal Creek bridge, in front of St. Davids.  Wonder what more rain is going to do to it.
Given Austin drivers, I'm surprised half a dozen people didn't destroy their cars driving over it before a cop car got there to block it off (still small when I saw it).
Been trying to find pics of this.

1 hour ago, Modessit said:
1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Been trying to find pics of this.

Meant to say 38th street by the Seton complex (mis-typed 35th and auto-corrected on me to St. Davids for some reason), but it hasn't made the news.

Inside eastbound lane is open on 38th, and some poor schmucks are working on it as of a few hours ago.

If they closed both eastbound lanes to work on it, man that would fuck up a lot of rush-hour traffic coming off of Mopac headed over to Shoal Creek/North Lamar/Guadalupe.  Then again, they could divert at the Y by Randalls and push all of that traffic over to the 34th street/Shoal Creek bridge.

Still gonna be fun at rush-hour though. 

Edit: If you're coming down 38th across the Shoal Creek bridge, it's right at the first driveway past the bridge at the Seton complex.

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 hours ago, phdhorn said:

wut??

From here on out through midnight at least, it's gonna rain all the time.  Sometimes not much, other times heavily.  Forcefield sent packing, if there ever was one.

Yeah, definitely no FF in the CPTX since about midnight last night.  1.5" at my house so far (yes that's what she said).

Meant to say 38th street by the Seton complex (mis-typed 35th and auto-corrected on me to St. Davids for some reason), but it hasn't made the news.
Inside eastbound lane is open on 38th, and some poor schmucks are working on it as of a few hours ago.
If they closed both eastbound lanes to work on it, man that would fuck up a lot of rush-hour traffic coming off of Mopac headed over to Shoal Creek/North Lamar/Guadalupe.  Then again, they could divert at the Y by Randalls and push all of that traffic over to the 34th street/Shoal Creek bridge.
Still gonna be fun at rush-hour though. 
Edit: If you're coming down 38th across the Shoal Creek bridge, it's right at the first driveway past the bridge at the Seton complex.

I honestly didnt think much of the rain, I left league city around 9, drove 30 minutes back to Galveston. All light rain, roads were fine. I wake up this morning and everyone who parks on the street had jammed their vehicles in the alley and the news said we got close to 3" down here, records were broken in Houston? Guess I'm a good sleeper.

• 2 weeks later...
No severe weather except up near Sun City.  Rest of the line is strong but no severe level winds/hail etc.... for now.

P.S. I fucking HATE that movie. I wish they all would have died storm chasing... except Helen Hunt, into whom I'd have liked to twist my own funnel.

Why you gotta hate on Philip Seymour Hoffman, god rest his soul?
Oh yeah...he wore an OU hat all movie. Fuck that guy.
  • Like 1

He was a fucking idiot savant in that movie. His worst roll since eating stale bread at some Manhattan wannashit bakery.
God that movie sucked.  Bill Paxton died of radiation from the atomic level shittiness of it.

So far just heavy rain and some thunderclapping.  Not bad for Boxing Day.

4 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

I was delayed 3 hours on the ground at DFW. God that airport sucks wrt/ weather

Yeah, I'm putting my wife and two of our kids on a plane to DC early tomorrow morning.  8 AM via DFW -- cancelled.  I was given the option to rebook them on another flight, through DFW, two hours earlier.  WTF?  No thanks, I have no idea why you didn't cancel that one too but fool me once.  Now they're on the 5:12 AM to Charlotte, for fuck's sake.