CBDs - Who does them?

On 7/25/2019 at 8:43 PM, SimonBolivar said:

Bought the 8 sample pack. Time to see what's up. 

First one up is Special Sauce. Put it in the Pax 2 and it gives off a nice subtle smell. I know other s like a stinky bud but I prefer it to smell less. Obviously not high but a great body and head relaxation. I could get used to this after work.  I would not recommend driving after vaping this strain though.

Edited by SimonBolivar

30 mg of cbd full spectrum soft gels seems to produce about 6 hours of decent sleep, followed by an awakening, with difficulty going back to sleep. Several people have told me they wake up at 4 or 430 after taking at 930 or 10.

15 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Isn’t that also called just getting high?

Not quite, certainly not the same feeling as most THC strains I've ever tried. I've heard a lot of people compare it to the trash people would smoke in the 70s before designer weed really took off. Not psychedelic at all, but not completely nothing either.

• Like 1

For those that are unclear on the Texas laws for CBD (and I may have been the only one on this forum who has been confused) below is the clarification I’d been trying to find. Basically, it’s .5% thx that still requires a doctor prescription. There is still a little uncertainty about traveling across state lines, because even though there was a federal bill legalizing .3% thc, I’m unclear whether every other state had to pass a law, like Texas did, to make it legal. If so, then check each state.

Excerpt from Austin Business Journal this week

Texas is not one of them. Yet even in the highly conservative Lone Star State, scores of companies are already profiting off hemp and cannabidiol, otherwise known as CBD, and that number is sure to grow thanks to bills recently signed by Gov. Greg Abbott.

As an example of how mainstream cannabis has become, the 2019 South by Southwest festival hosted a "cannabusiness" track, and former Congressman and Speaker of the House John Boehner, now a marijuana lobbyist, headlined a panel.

CBD is expected to generate $5 billion in sales in the United States in 2019, according to an estimate from the Brightfield Group. That doesn't yet rival the legal marijuana market — Colorado alone recorded $1.55 billion in marijuana sales in 2018, according to the Denver Post — but that could change in the coming years. Brightfield Group estimates the U.S. CBD market will grow to $23.7 billion by 2023. Companies are putting CBD — which can purportedly provide health benefits without the high of marijuana — in cosmetics, drinks, edibles and pet care products, among other things.

Consider Ricky Williams, the former University of Texas football star who later played in the NFL. Williams founded a cannabis company, Real Wellness, primarily to sell legal marijuana. But he said at SXSW this year that his two top-selling products are now CBD only.

You needn't track down a Heisman Trophy winner living in California to find cannabis success stories — Austin is bubbling over with entrepreneurs high on the merits of the booming cash crop. They're selling CBD ice cream, running multimillion-dollar lighting companies, operating R&D facilities devoted to the plant and even blending cannabis with Austin's growing tourism sector.

THE FIRST TO MARKET

There are two ways to consume cannabis products made from hemp in Texas. People with certain serious illnesses can qualify for the Compassionate Use Program and buy cannabis with up to 0.5% THC or regular consumers can buy CBD products with up to 0.3% THC at retail stores across the state.

Been the oil for about a month (CBDMD) and also just got some gummies today.

My anxiety has been gone.  No lower back pain or spasms.  Sleeping great at night.

I don't care if it's a placebo effect... I was just hoping to alleviate one of those problems.  I was completely skeptical at how many different problems it was said that this could help with, like it was some silver bullet.  Well, I guess I'm sold.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Horn_Spanker said:

Would CBDs help me if I usually scream "Motherfucker" within the first mile of driving?  I need to calm the fuck down.

Yes.  Get some tincture and put about 2 droppers full under your tongue, about 1 ml.  about 10 minutes later you will feel the calming effects.  Or vape or get some flower and smoke it.

I picked up a bottle at my local Basic Foods ( Beaumont's version of whole foods), it's basically CBD oil with a base of MCT oil and Cinnamon Oil.  Very tasty.  Wife and i both use it in the AM and then right before bedtime.

You don't get high at all, but you definitely will relax.

Edited by BearSchlong

13 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Yes.  Get some tincture and put about 2 droppers full under your tongue, about 1 ml.  about 10 minutes later you will feel the calming effects.  Or vape or get some flower and smoke it.

I picked up a bottle at my local Basic Foods ( Beaumont's version of whole foods), it's basically CBD oil with a base of MCT oil and Cinnamon Oil.  Very tasty.  Wife and i both use it in the AM and then right before bedtime.

You don't get high at all, but you definitely will relax.

What strength?  I see all kinds of mg per ounce bottles?  What brand?

36 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

300mg/30ml. I take 1ml 2X day. 

Glad you came back with 300mg.  I think your last post said 3500mg and didn't want to spend $200 on a bottle.  The nearest / cheapest to me has a bottle of 500mg for $36.  Is that about the price range you are using?

What I've found using more products...

My night-time 500mg / 30ml bottle is the right strength for me.

Gummies don't do shit for me.

The most effective one for me during daytime is a 300mg / 30ml bottle of not the oil, but some water-soluble drops.  .5ml in a glass of water and I feel very calm just a few minutes later - seems more potent to me than the oil drops I had previously used during the daytime. 

So far I’ve gotten pretty uneven results with CBD. I’ve taken 15 mg capsules and slept hard, and I’ve also taken 30 mg gummies and they didn’t do anything. Maybe the actual amount of CBD varies wildly from what the label says, or maybe CBD processed in different ways by different manufacturers have different degrees of bio-availability or whatever.

So far I’ve gotten pretty uneven results with CBD. I’ve taken 15 mg capsules and slept hard, and I’ve also taken 30 mg gummies and they didn’t do anything. Maybe the actual amount of CBD varies wildly from what the label says, or maybe CBD processed in different ways by different manufacturers have different degrees of bio-availability or whatever.
You’re messing with neurotransmitters and there are only so many receptors they can bind to.

Taking more may not have a stronger effect than less, it may have a different effect or no effect.

This is another part of what I was saying about finding the minimum effective does for a given result.

On 8/20/2019 at 1:17 PM, immortal13 said:

Has anybody tried this on a kid with ADHD/ADD issues? My fiance' is considering this option rather than ritalin. Kid is a 7 year old going into 2nd grade this year

I would wait until the kid has hit 18 or older. My son was diagnosed with the same at the age of 11, but we waited until he finished high school to introduce cbd.

As many in this thread have noted, the % of thc is not consistent. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

It seems to me that many of the places selling this stuff are selling/marketing hemp seed oil as CBD. Be careful you don't fall for that one. 

The different packages I saw all seem to clearly indicate how much CBD is in the hemp oil. Now, whether the indicated amount is really there or not, I don’t know.

On 8/18/2019 at 11:14 AM, BearSchlong said:

Apologies, it wasnt 3500 per bottle it was 1200mg per bottle. . .think I paid $60 for it.

Sunsoil is the brand. d6556856a42c85d55d17a1a43a7a767f.jpg

I have been lurking in this thread for a while and finally pulled the trigger on buying this one.  Any further thoughts on often to take it?  A 1ml dose is 20mg CBD.  Are most on here taking it twice a day? The bottle says you can take it every 4-6 hours but I'm not gonna wanna buy/take that much. Basically trying to figure out if is noticeably better to take it twice vs only once a day.

Also meant to ask: how soon after you started taking it did you notice the effects? I had previously bought some liquid CBD from a store and the clerk said it could take a week or so to start working. I never felt like that it ever really worked for me even after a week but continued to follow this thread and am giving CBDs a second try and hoping that a more reputable/worked for others here product may work better for me.