Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

6 hours ago, RMac5 said:

I worked at Steak and Ale in Amarillo, started out at the salad bar, finished there too. 

Dad would drive us to Tulsa to have dinner at Steak and Ale, very big deal.  Dad said we dined at the Steak and Ale because Pillsbury owned the company and he owned Pillsbury stock, so it was like eating for free.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, elfenix said:

Carnitas

77880cd9648cec47966d6100fa935fd6.jpg

I started making these in the early stages of the pandemic. I’m not sure if my recipe is the greatest in the world, but my kids love it, especially my son, who gets to drink the rest of the Mexican Coke in the bottle after I put about 3/4 of a cup into the pot. And they like how I crisp up the pork at the end by flash frying in some of the braising liquid.

• Hook 'Em 1

From michigan tell me what I’m looking at…

Country salad and potatoes with merguez and a side of okra (not French)

Moving on to this morning’s meal…

Leftover scalloped potatoes cooked in bacon fat with, bacon obviously, and some eggs. The cursory “fruit” portion rounds things out.

f8e12df65b3f42c8398c04a74e679d0b.jpg
2faf98e884adbadd65dd2413afbe3709.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

cc02e35ef0a15c55ba2365265aeea309.jpg
279c220cdca78aa1a4c20596c9b149e7.jpg
8d45773b519af2046b16ebe269910446.jpg

Tilefish with a basil/tomato/garlic sauce topped with peppers, perm and mushroom bacon. Super simple recipe from Legal Seafood that is packed with flavor, but add garlic cause how tf do you have a tomato-basil sauce without it?!

Soft shells were gonna be an app but had some surprise preggos, so dinner instead…

Forgot the plating with summer corn because wine.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

We are having a family dinner Sunday to celebrate three summer birthdays - DIL and two sons.
Crepe enchiladas (both real and vegan), steamed tamales, & salad. 
Dessert will be a vegan bundt cake and pecan “pielettes”. This is the second batch of pielettes….

8376D9B4-2E2B-453A-92BF-82954E24A0AA.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1