Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

That looks fucking awesome! A great steak salad is one of my favorite things to eat, and for some reason I don’t make it often or get in restaurants. I usually make something like yours here, minus spinach and avocado, adding arugula and blue cheese. Usually a balsamic vinaigrette but l dig that chimichuri take. I also like a Thai mint beef salad.

48 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

Had a pork butt in the freezer since Christmas, H‑E‑B was having a sale at the time.. Great thing about working from home is that you can work and cook at the same time, so smoked that sucker yesterday, sammies last night and loaded baked taters tonight

86E6141F-C168-4068-8D59-5366DF137C09.jpeg

E41C60FC-01C1-4842-9298-80B322848C45.jpeg

6555F2B7-B0F0-4517-AFF1-F42F763E7254.jpeg

4EB5C855-2C48-485C-A82A-3455804073DB.jpeg

Give you 85 score. 

But dammit you have to toast the gotdamn bun. 
Toasted bread always make better sammiches.

Except BLTs

Edited by Shaddie
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Give you 85 score. 

But dammit you have to toast the gotdamn bun. 
Toasted bread always make better sammiches.

Except BLTs

And that’s fair.  Wife was out until 9pm, trying to be chivalrous and wait for her, so I just dug in once she got home, toasting be damned.  Tomorrow I will atone 

38 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

And that’s fair.  Wife was out until 9pm, trying to be chivalrous and wait for her, so I just dug in once she got home, toasting be damned.  Tomorrow I will atone 

WTF?

You need scene control if your wife is controlling everything. 

I’ll let you know how to do that as soon as I consult with mine. 

So….where to get nduja in Austin? The boy’s best friend is Italian (from Calabria) and he flew over for a visit. He knows I like to cook, so he brought an nduja warmer as a gift, and I damn well intend to use it. Because that shit sounds amazing.

Salt and Time on E. 7th, I think.

It’s usually stocked in their fridge to the left when you walk in. If not, ask the nice man at the bar slicing meat. He knows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

IDGAF… will eat burgers every week this summer. Here’s an example of how you turn a Beyond Burger into greatness (hint, it’s mostly fat):1f7fd2b8653586f7b4d2b03c666f3dcc.jpg

That looks great.

I've had a beyond burger. They're not terrible. But I'd never choose one over a beef burger. Only reason I'd ever eat one is if it were prepared for me by a vegetarian. Why would you make a beyond burger and put bacon on it? I'm just confused.

17 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

That looks great.

I've had a beyond burger. They're not terrible. But I'd never choose one over a beef burger. Only reason I'd ever eat one is if it were prepared for me by a vegetarian. Why would you make a beyond burger and put bacon on it? I'm just confused.

clearing out the fridge of shit left over by the previous sugar baby?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So….where to get nduja in Austin? The boy’s best friend is Italian (from Calabria) and he flew over for a visit. He knows I like to cook, so he brought an nduja warmer as a gift, and I damn well intend to use it. Because that shit sounds amazing.

I had never heard of this and looked it up. I gotta try this. Fermented smoked pork fat and chiles. Sounds great! Anyone know where to get in DFW?

That looks great.

My wife brought home the “burger meat” but I prepared them… therein lies your answer.
  • Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Those poblanos look great. Did you roast and peel them smoke or fill and smoke.

Smoke fiill smoke.  I don't like peeling stuffed peppers...too mushy.   I put them right on the grate for a few minutes to get color then put then in a pot with a little water for about 15 minutes then stuffed and put them back on for another 15 then cheese then another 5. Temp was around 325 to 350. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, McFly said:

image.gif.cbe756cf5377572d72bd00cf29132eee.gif

Yep. I loved eating there as a kid. Felt grown up getting to go to the “salad bar” with my plate by myself lol. 

Steak and Ale Mushroom Recipe in the spoiler thing to save posting space

Spoiler

1 pound mushrooms (I use Bella but you can do whatever you want) sliced.

6 TB spoon butter

1/4 cup chopped onion

2 tsp beef base (I use better than Bouillon)

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp salt/pepper

2 TB spoon flour

1 cup burgundy wine (pictured below)

1 TB  spoon minced garlic

Medium heat in sauce pan. Stir occasionally. Let wine reduce a bit and then eat. usually takes about 7-9 minutes total once you’ve melted the butter to start. I add the garlic and spices first. Then the mushrooms and onion and then the wine.

Enjoy! 

F82C58B5-9ED4-49D8-A2B6-50E347D12964.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

What happened to all the coating on the chicken?

That's how I like to fry chicken and it's kind of an old school way that my grandparents used to do.  No eggs or milk (cause broke and that was a waste) so it's just salt, pepper and flour.  Ends up lightly battered.  I/they also chop the whole chicken up and remove all the skin except for the wings and leave the bone on the breast after cutting off the "pully bone".  Turns out delicious...at least to me since that's what I am used to.

The okra, they never made that so I do dip them in eggs.  

IMG_0882.heic

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Atxracer said:

That's how I like to fry chicken and it's kind of an old school way that my grandparents used to do.  No eggs or milk (cause broke and that was a waste) so it's just salt, pepper and flour.  Ends up lightly battered.  I/they also chop the whole chicken up and remove all the skin except for the wings and leave the bone on the breast after cutting off the "pully bone".  Turns out delicious...at least to me since that's what I am used to.

The okra, they never made that so I do dip them in eggs.  

IMG_0882.heic 3.14 MB · 4 downloads

That's funny. Exactly how my mom's parents did it. Fried it in the Dutch oven over coals and it was great.  The no money thing makes sense.  But I've never tried it that way. I think that's going to change. 

• Hook 'Em 1