impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You guys bagging on the Republicans attorney realize he’s got no ammo at all and is just doing what he’s been paid to do right? I mean what the fuck is he supposed to ask? How was breakfast this morning? Trump didn’t burn your toast now did he? 

It's conceivable too that he isn't completely bought in and is kind of accidentally-on-purpose sandbagging the whole thing.  He's been a committee lawyer through several changes of "regime," not some neoTrumpturd.

49 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Read MM’s twitter feed- Pete Sessions is his client- Sessions took the contribution and wrote the letter demanding her removal. Mackowiak is flacking it after the fact.

I’m not saying MM did anything criminal, I’m saying he’s a party after the fact to a nasty and shameful bit of business. Hope he’s well paid for it.

45 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Ok.  I don’t doubt what you are saying, I just wanted to read about it.  A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I considered MM a friend.

39 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

There are multiple people in this forum who did. And I used to respect him a lot, because he used to actually be a conservative.

These.  

And my wife and I were just discussing this/him the other day.   We are trying real, real hard to keep considering him a friend.  But he's making it damn near impossible.  There's a good man in there -- or there once was.  He could be counted on to step up to help someone in need.  Now....he gets his greatest political capital from attacking the most vulnerable (homeless people, LGBTQ people, etc.), and he shamelessly and relentlessly defends a man who, if he were a Dem doing the exact same things, he would have rightfully attacked for being a threat to the Republic.

Oh, and he has mentioned in the past that he talked to Roger Stone pretty much every week.

None of my serious acquaintances has been convicted for a bucket full of federal crimes.  None.  And I'm a lawyer.  This says a lot about what MM has allowed himself to become.

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump tweeting at the witness during the hearing is gonna come back to bite him in the ass. Makes him look exactly like the piece of shit that he is. Dude simply cannot help himself. 

Fairly telling that he yelled at the lady on the TV, but remained silent when the two white men were testifying.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump tweeting at the witness during the hearing is gonna come back to bite him in the ass. Makes him look exactly like the piece of shit that he is. Dude simply cannot help himself. 

That's so cute thinking there are consequences to anything that he does. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

It was kinda overbearing of Schiff when he stuffed her mouth with shop rags and duct-taped her face, bound her hands and feet and slid her under his desk only to pull her out like luggage when he was ready for her.  Maybe crossed the line, there.  But she did choose to wear those heels that make her calves pop, so I can see both sides here, maybe.  I'll allow it.

It was kinda overbearing of Schiff when he stuffed her mouth with shop rags and duct-taped her face, bound her hands and feet and slid her under his desk only to pull her out like luggage when he was ready for her.  Maybe crossed the line, there.  But she did choose to wear those heels that make her calves pop, so I can see both sides here, maybe.  I'll allow it.

Could you go on please? Thanks.
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Not sure where turner is trying to go with these questions. Sounds like he’s just asking questions to waste time. 

He was weaving a narrative that Sondland had full authority to do whatever the fuck he wanted in the Ukraine.  And he, of course, badgered her to get a one word answered, declared victory, and then fucked a sock full of lotion with his pecker in celebration.

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

That's so cute thinking there are consequences to anything that he does. 

There are consequences. They just don’t show up on places like this board or on platforms like fox news. 

Practically everyone on this board thinks that trump is the piece of shit that he is. 

Practically everyone who watches Fox News is a zombie who will support trump no matter what. 

Nothing that happens is gonna change that. 

What matters is the people who pay almost no attention to any of this, and what trump did today will get some of their attention. It’s actually dramatic, responding to live tweets on live television,  and makes trump look both guilty and a piece of shit. 

30 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You guys bagging on the Republicans attorney realize he’s got no ammo at all and is just doing what he’s been paid to do right? I mean what the fuck is he supposed to ask? How was breakfast this morning? Trump didn’t burn your toast now did he? 

Well he could do the right thing, tell the GOP to go fuck itself, and salvage a small iota of his professional dignity.

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

At the very least, he is directing attention towards the impeachment.  It seemed that as of yesterday, the Republicans were basically trying to get people not to watch it, with Trump and Lindsey both indicating it wasn't worth watching.  And now he is giving play by play commentary.  

As it's been said so many times, thank God these people are idiots.  They went out of their way to fire Marie, only to hire Bill Taylor out of retirement.  Fucking smooth. 

Meanwhile Ken Vogel is still fucking the Biden corruption chicken:

When this tweet is quoted in another tweet (at least on a phone), it will cut off the quote that follows so it seems incriminating.  He deliberately formatted the tweet to make it useful for others to misrepresent her testimony.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

At the very least, he is directing attention towards the impeachment.  It seemed that as of yesterday, the Republicans were basically trying to get people not to watch it, with Trump and Lindsey both indicating it wasn't worth watching.  And now he is giving play by play commentary.  

As it's been said so many times, thank God these people are idiots.  They went out of their way to fire Marie, only to hire Bill Taylor out of retirement.  Fucking smooth. 

Yep. The multi million dollar nothingburger media blitz destroyed by one trump tweet. And on the day comic book character roger stone gets convicted. 

Hilarious and fitting. 

Yawn. 

The line of questioning of Mr. Conoway was pretty weird.  "You're teaching at Georgetown now, huh?  Sounds pretty cool.  Are people rude to you on the street?  They pelt you with rotten food or give you wedgies?  No?  Sounds like you got it pretty good.  Sounds like having your reputation and integrity smeared and being unceremoniously fired after three decades of what seems to be noble service has worked out pretty well for you.  I guess you should probably thank Donald Trump for your current fortunes.  Oh he does work in mysterious ways, doesn't he?  Got you on television and everything.  Welp, keep rockin' on because it sounds like you're kicking ass out there.  I'd high five you but you're sitting too far away.  Peace."

• Like 2