2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

Why does Chris Webber have a job commentating? How hard is it to hire competent side men? 

Everything he says sounds condescending. Like he's stuck in a relationship with some girl that he's having to explain the game to.

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Apparently pretty hard. None of them are worth a damn.

PG13 may be over rated.

Maybe. He's a really good player, but he's prone to games or streaks of games where his shot selection is just awful. He's in the middle of one of those runs right now and it's not pretty.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If he can't play game 4 their bacon is cooked. I might have taken the Clips in 5 but not with KP getting ejected and Luka going down.

If the Clippers win it all, I will go the rest of my life only acknowledging his Spurs title as legitimate. Warriors injury asterisk, Luka injury/Covid asterisk. Fuck him.

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Maybe. He's a really good player, but he's prone to games or streaks of games where his shot selection is just awful. He's in the middle of one of those runs right now and it's not pretty.

Admittedly, I haven't focused on many of his games. But from what I saw in the first half, he was sliding all over the place like he had on Winners Choice. He's a good complimentary player for the Klaw. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Admittedly, I haven't focused on many of his games. But from what I saw in the first half, he was sliding all over the place like he had on Winners Choice. He's a good complimentary player for the Klaw. 

Agreed. He's a legit #2 guy on an NBA champion. It's weird, he just gets random nights where he thinks he needs to be some kind of scorer that he's not and takes a bunch of really dumb, bad looks. Made even weirder that he's a pretty cerebral player otherwise. Unique player, I've always liked him.

Edited by BradInATX

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

If the Clippers win it all, I will go the rest of my life only acknowledging his Spurs title as legitimate. Warriors injury asterisk, Luka injury/Covid asterisk. Fuck him.

I can't watch that shit again. 

But he's pretty clearly the best player in the league right now, just like he was in the playoffs last year once Durant went out. So they will probably win the title. Or maybe we'll get lucky and the Lakers will knock them off and I will get to watch LeBron win a title on the fucking Los Angeles Lakers. 

Giannis, Damian, Pascal to the courtesy phone, please. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Agreed. He's a legit #2 guy on an NBA champion. It's weird, he just gets random nights where he thinks he needs to be some kind of scorer that he's not and takes a bunch of really dumb, bad looks. Made even weirder that he's a pretty cerebral player otherwise. Unique player, I've always liked him.

He still had 9 boards 7 dimes and 2 steals. He was fine. They don't need him to score 30 every night - certainly not against the Mavs - who are one of the worst perimiter defending teams I've ever seen (that are an above .500 playoff team at least). 

Edited by ztejas

Just now, ztejas said:

Giannis, Damian, Pascal to the courtesy phone, please. 

comedy central GIF by Drunk History

I'll even root for Harden and D'Antoni over the LA teams, which was unfathomable for me even last year. Basketball is crazy. And when the Warriors regroup and come back next year, they'll be the homegrown underdogs that everyone is rooting for over the bought and paid for LA teams. Wild.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He still had 9 boards 7 dimes and 2 steals. He was fine. They don't need him to score 30 every night - certainly not against the Mavs - who are one of the worst perimiter defending teams I've ever seen. 

Yeah, I mean that's why I called him a really good player in my first response to Brothahorn. Even when he's struggling to find himself on offense, he's still a big contributor to his team every night. There's not many guys like that, especially wings. I actually think depending on who you talk to, he can be underrated. He's a much better player than Draymond Green, who gets a lot more hype as the same archetype of player.

Edited by BradInATX

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

comedy central GIF by Drunk History

I'll even root for Harden and D'Antoni over the LA teams, which was unfathomable for me even last year. Basketball is crazy. And when the Warriors regroup and come back next year, they'll be the homegrown underdogs that everyone is rooting for over the bought and paid for LA teams. Wild.

Forgot about Harden. I think that speaks to how confident I am in him in the playoffs.

I'm sure Kawhi is really going to lose sleep because you don't acknowledge all his titles as being legit. this sounds fucking Aggy

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
7 hours ago, BradInATX said:

I'm sure Kawhi is really going to lose sleep because you don't acknowledge all his titles as being legit. this sounds fucking Aggy

Fuck Kawhi and his sleep.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Apparently pretty hard. None of them are worth a damn.

PG13 may be over rated.

On the old site, before he blew out his leg, I started a thread titled Paul George is the most overrated player in the league. I will stick with that. He wouldn’t be on my all nba team I don’t think. Definitely not a top 10 player. But people talk like he is. 

Freak, LBJ, Leonard, Harden, Luka

Joker, AD, Tatum, Dame, CP3

You have KD and Steph injured that are clearly better than George, then you have guys like Embiid, Simmons, Russ that people might be pretty marginal on but still would be better as focal point of team. 

PG doesn’t suck but he isn’t a top 10 player in the league and I’d argue not top 15 player, but people talk him up like an MVP candidate. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, BradInATX said:

He's a much better player than Draymond Green, who gets a lot more hype as the same archetype of player.

Is he though? At least as it relates to winning playoff basketball? As Draymond himself would say, "You've got 82 game players, then you have 16 game players." I know which one Draymond is, and I know what to expect in the postseason. He's going to be the best defensive player on the court, one of the best passers, and he's going to agitate, rebound, yell, block shots, direct the offense, kick people in the nuts...basically whatever his team needs to win that night.

Paul George seems to rotate from being overly passive and trying to hit step back 3's like he's Steph. Even when his offense is off, he also has the capability of being the best defensive player on the court--with Kawhi focusing more on carrying the scoring load--but he rarely seems to impact playoff games on that side of the ball.

Also, I have no idea what you mean by they're the same archetype of player. They have almost nothing in common.

Edited by aggie08

14 hours ago, ztejas said:

Kawhi is so fucking good. I hate him. 

Damn ya'll can hold a grudge.  Salty but I love it.  BTW I hate him too, but more because he's a fucking Robot and good as hell.

14 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Clips never commit a foul

Not surprised with this series.

14 hours ago, ztejas said:

If he can't play game 4 their bacon is cooked. I might have taken the Clips in 5 but not with KP getting ejected and Luka going down.

Agreed.  NO matter what happens from here on, I love what I've seen from an less than we thought overmatched Mavs team. They'll be really good soon.

Lulz, love it when you guys hate on him, lol.

13 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Oh give them a break Vic, I'm sure we'd be the same way if Luka quits on our team in a couple of years and forces his way out to Miami or LA or some shit.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Is he though? At least as it relates to winning playoff basketball? As Draymond himself would say, "You've got 82 game players, then you have 16 game players." I know which one Draymond is, and I know what to expect in the postseason. He's going to be the best defensive player on the court, one of the best passers, and he's going to agitate, rebound, yell, block shots, direct the offense, kick people in the nuts...basically whatever his team needs to win that night.

Paul George seems to rotate from being overly passive and trying to hit step back 3's like he's Steph. Even when his offense is off, he also has the capability of being the best defensive player on the court--with Kawhi focusing more on carrying the scoring load--but he rarely seems to impact playoff games on that side of the ball.

Also, I have no idea what you mean by they're the same archetype of player. They have almost nothing in common.

Yeah I was completely confused by that statement as well.

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

You're right, they have nothing in common except that:
- They're both excellent defenders both perimeter and interior, and can guard wings, slashers, and bigger guys down low
- They're both players that aren't great when forced to create their own shots but are great off the ball and excel with offensive firepower around them
- Neither needs to fill the stat sheet to contribute significantly
- They're both willing rebounders
- They're both excellent passers at the SF position
- They're both motor/hustle players
- They both have above average true shooting percentages despite not being gifted offensive players

In fact, the only real differences between them are that Draymond is a little bigger, and they trade assists for turnovers (George takes care of the ball a bit more). 

They're incredibly similar players. Don't give me that weak shit. 

And that stupid bullshit about "16 game players", that's cute and congratulations to you for watching Sportscenter or wherever you get your hot takes from. Why don't you tell me how Draymond did in his 16 games when he was the best player on his team this year? Because we've seen what happens when Paul George is the best player on his team; they made the conference finals. How did Dray's Warriors do this year? 16 GAMES!!!

Edited by BradInATX

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

McMillan needs to go. This Pacers team has the exact same issues from 2 years ago when they somehow didn't beat that dogshit Cavs team in the first round. Except they have a better roster now.

I don’t follow much eastern conference hoops- but aren’t they missing two of their best 3 players right now in this series?  

13 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

You're right, they have nothing in common except that:
- They're both excellent defenders both perimeter and interior, and can guard wings, slashers, and bigger guys down low
- They're both players that aren't great when forced to create their own shots but are great off the ball and excel with offensive firepower around them
- Neither needs to fill the stat sheet to contribute significantly
- They're both willing rebounders
- They're both excellent passers at the SF position
- They're both motor/hustle players
- They both have above average true shooting percentages despite not being gifted offensive players

In fact, the only real differences between them are that Draymond is a little bigger, and they trade assists for turnovers (George takes care of the ball a bit more). 

They're incredibly similar players. Don't give me that weak shit. 

And that stupid bullshit about "16 game players", that's cute and congratulations to you for watching Sportscenter or wherever you get your hot takes from. Why don't you tell me how Draymond did in his 16 games when he was the best player on his team this year? Because we've seen what happens when Paul George is the best player on his team; they made the conference finals. How did Dray's Warriors do this year? 16 GAMES!!!

You're choosing up your five in a pickup game. Who do you take -- PG13 or Dray? Be honest. It's PG and it's not close. Have you ever watched Draymond shoot a jumper? To say he is equivalent to George is absurd. One on one Paul George is the guy. 5 on 5 as the best player on the team, Paul George is the guy. Dray is only better as a guy who gets to ride coat tails.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Llogg said:

You're choosing up your five in a pickup game. Who do you take -- PG13 or Dray? Be honest. It's PG and it's not close. Have you ever watched Draymond shoot a jumper? To say he is equivalent to George is absurd. One on one Paul George is the guy. 5 on 5 as the best player on the team, Paul George is the guy. Dray is only better as a guy who gets to ride coat tails.

I can’t stand Dray. I trust him more than PG13 during nut cutting time in a playoff game. 

• Like 1

Yep. And I like Dray. But using some dumb ass "16 games!" Hot take to support the 4th best player on one of the most stacked rosters in the history of professional basketball is dumb. It definitely takes the clutch gene to throw assists to the best shooter in the history of the sport and two other all time legendary shooters.

Just now, TonyTexas said:

Enjoy your offseason 

uh, ok? I'm a Clippers fan, so...

and yeah, if you aren't watching, then don't comment. Dort has been pushing Harden's shit in all night. the ESPN broadcast hasn't stopped focusing on it, and they even just displayed a graphic which showed that Harden is getting all of his production when Dort isn't on him, while he's something like 2-11 whole getting his shot blocked twice vs Dort. 

you are seriously helobious/rex kramer levels of clueless/useless. everything you post is uninformed garbage. please stop replying to my posts.