2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lebron defaults to his teammates way too fucking much. 

He can't score like he used to. I tried to tell y'all this pages ago before the playoffs started and everyone was choking on his dick saying he's still the best player in the league. 

I also said AD and LeBron would need 60 a night to make the Finals. They had 51 tonight.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lebron defaults to his teammates way too fucking much. 

He passed up an open look 3 in the 3rd or 4th to last possession that made it really really obvious he was shook and didn't want to get into a clutch-off with Lillard. Last time I saw him like that was in 2014 when the Spurs took the Heat apart at the seams.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Davis is the FA. He's not winning anything with Lebron and the rest of whoever is on that Lakers.

LOL I know. I was joking about how LeBron keeps leaving teams because he doesn't have enough help, despite him being the de facto GM (and now playing with another top 5 player). 

• Hook 'Em 1

Lakers go 5-31 from deep...is that bad? That seems bad.

Usually, I'd argue that that's a good sign since they can't do much worse and were still right there.

...but who the fuck do you trust on that team to make a perimeter shot? Bi-polar playoff Danny Green is about all they got.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Usually, I'd argue that that's a good sign since they can't do much worse and were still right there.

...but who the fuck do you trust on that team to make a perimeter shot? Bi-polar playoff Danny Green is about all they got.

Washed up Melo would be the best 3 point shooter on the Lakers. Easily. Let that sink in.

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Lakers played exceptional defense tonight, but couldn't score 101 points on one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA, and that's with the 3 available bigs for Portland all picking up 5 fouls.  They are in trouble.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

If AD and lebron hit 3 out of those 4 fts they’re down 1 Caruso fouls (I think) before giving up the uncontested dunk. 4/4 and the game is tied before the dunk
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

If AD and lebron hit 3 out of those 4 fts they’re down 1 Caruso fouls (I think) before giving up the uncontested dunk. 4/4 and the game is tied before the dunk

Yeah, the Lakers aren't winning any games when Lebron and Davis combine for 67% from the foul line.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Legitimate superstars that I wouldn't trust to make key free throws in the 4th:

1. Giannis

2. Bron

3. Everyone else

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Davis is the FA. He's not winning anything with Lebron and the rest of whoever is on that Lakers.

One game just MAY be a little early to bury this team.  They were the #1 team in the west.  Shot the ball like shit and were in it till the end.  Let’s just see.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

One game just MAY be a little early to bury this team.  They were the #1 team in the west.  Shot the ball like shit and were in it till the end.  Let’s just see.

and Portland was missing their 3rd or 4th best player and didn't shoot the ball every good either. Caruso was playing crunch time minutes, fucking Caruso. And what happened, he let Lilliard dribble out the clock down 5 points and under a minute left.

Portland is a bad match up for the Lakers. They have enough size inside to match up with Davis and Howard and also bother LeBron at the rim. On the other end, Danny Green is really the only plus perimeter defender they have so either Lillard or CJ is going to have some room to work no matter what. Not having Avery Bradley is really hurting them. And they really need some shooters around LeBron and Davis, clearly. 

I don't get why Davis is jacking three pointers. You're the best big man in the game for fucks sake, go down on the block and fucking act like it. He makes it so easy on the other team when he balls them out with those bad jumpers. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Dame is focused - and has some shooters who can step up when Dame is occupied.

AD said when he went to the Lakers - he expected LBJ to play defense - full time.  LBJ said he would. The Lakers defense is not good. To keep up - they need to score a lot of points to win. They were off tonight. Portland has the ability to rain in bucket after bucket. When they are in that trading-shots mode, LAL has to match them or they will lose again.

I think LAL thought the first round would be a cakewalk. There are no cakewalks in the NBA Western Playoffs. If they get through Portland, they have HOU/OKC waiting for them. And then the LAC/DEN/DAL/UTA survivor. LBJ needs to dig a little deeper. This is a grind. Adapt or lose.

Edited by washparkhorn

I wouldn't worry about the Bucks, they'll be fine and bounce back against Orlando. The Lakers are hot garbage, they'll go down in 6 or 7 games which will be hilarious considering this is the first time in a decade the Lakers put together a solid regular season. The Lakers will have a game or two where Kuzma and several of the complimentary players will ball out to keep the Lakers in the series, but the combination of Portland's 3 point shooting and LA's terrible defense will be the difference in this series. 

10 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Were is the key word. They limped through the bubble with two of their key guards out and have nobody outside of LeBron/AD that can score consistently in addition to that their defense has been abysmal in the absence of Bradley/Rondo they gave up more 3 pointers than anyone. They looked like anything but a #1 seed after the season resumed.

2 hours ago, Chad said:

I wouldn't worry about the Bucks, they'll be fine and bounce back against Orlando. The Lakers are hot garbage, they'll go down in 6 or 7 games which will be hilarious considering this is the first time in a decade the Lakers put together a solid regular season. The Lakers will have a game or two where Kuzma and several of the complimentary players will ball out to keep the Lakers in the series, but the combination of Portland's 3 point shooting and LA's terrible defense will be the difference in this series. 

Those were the best 17 seconds of Blazers basketball that didn't involve Bill Walton or Clyde Drexler.

I couldn't believe it when they flashed that stat that they are 1-10 against the Lakers in the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, Chad said:

Were is the key word. They limped through the bubble with two of their key guards out and have nobody outside of LeBron/AD that can score consistently in addition to that their defense has been abysmal in the absence of Bradley/Rondo they gave up more 3 pointers than anyone. They looked like anything but a #1 seed after the season resumed.

Boy Avery Bradley really fucked them. In light of zero positive tests over the last month you wonder if he’s at all interested in rethinking his position. 

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Boy Avery Bradley really fucked them. In light of zero positive tests over the last month you wonder if he’s at all interested in rethinking his position. 

He’d have to be quarantined for a while, and I doubt he’s in any type of game shape. It might be over before he can suit up.

39 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah, that really hurt.  He is most certainly a plus defender.

2 hours ago, usmc0331horn said:

What the hell year is it that a team with Alex Caruso on it playing meaningful minutes has any shot at anything?

That is an ongoing narrative that is way overplayed.  He doesn't LOOK like a basketball player, so people assume he sucks.  He is a hell of a lot better than he gets credit for.

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah, that really hurt.  He is most certainly a plus defender.

And could at least hit the broadside of a barn from behind the arc.

Having Rondo back will obviously help the defense--he and Jrue Holiday gave Dame nightmares in the playoffs two years ago--and take some of the distributor load off LeBron...but he ain't gonna help to hit any shots.