2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

18 minutes ago, ztejas said:

On one hand I feel bad that he's stuck with CJ. CJ's like a poor man's Dumars. On the other, Dame makes a big deal about staying where he was drafted and not joining a "superteam". We'll see if that shtick lasts. I'd like to see him win one. I don't think he's going to with this team and coach. LMA is still the best player he's played with and LMA was probably never a top 10 guy. Nurkic was embarassing last night.

(Dame isn't without fault though - swap him with KD or Curry and this series is 2-1 in the other direction)

I've been raving about how well Nurkic has been playing for them since the bubble.   Last night he was HORRIFIC in every way.  He played EXTRA soft on offense and got torched on defense.    All while like he was completely spent the entire game.     I am willing to give him another chance but that was an awful showing.

13 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Nets and Sixers should work out a trade for Simmons. Levert/Dinwiddie/Jordan for Simmons is a win for both sides

Embiid Harris Richardson Levert Dinwiddie

With Horford Thybulle Korkmas Milton off the bench

The Nets is a fucking death lineup

Allen Simmons KD Harris Kyrie

Simmons creating shots for three 40% long range shooters would be unstoppable. Kyrie probably fucks it up though

yeah no way KD and Kyrie allow Simmons have the ball enough for him to be effective.    Neither of them would want to play off the ball that much.

14 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Nets and Sixers should work out a trade for Simmons. Levert/Dinwiddie/Jordan for Simmons is a win for both sides

Embiid Harris Richardson Levert Dinwiddie

With Horford Thybulle Korkmas Milton off the bench

The Nets is a fucking death lineup

Allen Simmons KD Harris Kyrie

Simmons creating shots for three 40% long range shooters would be unstoppable. Kyrie probably fucks it up though

That’s an awful trade for the Sixers. Neither Dinwiddie or Levert are anything more than serviceable from 3 with Dinwiddie being outright bad. Plus your sending the 2nd best perimeter defender away for pennies on the dollar. 

8 minutes ago, d2o said:

I've been raving about how well Nurkic has been playing for them since the bubble.   Last night he was HORRIFIC in every way.  He played EXTRA soft on offense and got torched on defense.    All while like he was completely spent the entire game.     I am willing to give him another chance but that was an awful showing.

Yeah. He had been awesome. He's their 2nd best player which makes it inexcusable for him to play like that.

They really wasted a vintage Melo game last night. I've been really impressed with how he's played so far. 

13 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

The Heat won 39 games last year. And that was with Whiteside, J Rich and a few other guys. That roster is dog shit without Butler.

With you on the Bucks. Their non-Giannis roster is grossly overrated.

They were a playoff team. And kind of frisky. Not great but compare that to a couple of Hardens teams where he was the  only top 50 guy in the league and they are a lot better. 
Bam is probably going to be 3rd team all nba (I know- center position) Dragic isn’t a bad point guard. I’m white so I have to respect Kelly O’s game as an 8th or 9th rotation man someone up top told me earlier today 😀. Miami’s roster is good enough 4-9 to win a title. Maybe even 3-9. Let’s just say LBJ would have won the East with that team the last 8 years and agree to disagree on all the rest. 
Giannis would win the East in a walk this year if you traded him for Butler straight up. 

These Eastern conference series have been disappointing, 3 of the 4 first round series will likely amount to sweeps. The Bucks should easily win the next two games. The East will be interesting next season for the first time in an eternity. Kyrie/KD will be back and healthy, the Bucks/Raptors should still be solid teams and Boston has a good group of young players.

2 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Is that wrong?

Not at all. They're on pace to win their first playoff series in a nearly a decade, still plenty of games left for them to fuck it up.

No fines for a racial comment on the court for NBA player.... WTF!!!

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/08/23/montrezl-harrell-apologizes-luka-doncic-bubble-bits 

"Cameras catch everything these days, so it was of little surprise when an exchange between Clippers forward Montrezl Harrell and Mavericks star Luka Doncic was picked up on Friday night. In the first quarter of L.A.’s win over Dallas, Harrell bumped into Doncic while attempting a layup. As he ran back on defense, Harrell appeared to call Doncic a “(expletive) ass white boy.”

Edited by LTtxfan

15 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

No fines for a racial comment on the court for NBA player.... WTF!!!

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/08/23/montrezl-harrell-apologizes-luka-doncic-bubble-bits 

"Cameras catch everything these days, so it was of little surprise when an exchange between Clippers forward Montrezl Harrell and Mavericks star Luka Doncic was picked up on Friday night. In the first quarter of L.A.’s win over Dallas, Harrell bumped into Doncic while attempting a layup. As he ran back on defense, Harrell appeared to call Doncic a “(expletive) ass white boy.”

No one cares

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Shit is ridiculous. Especially at the end of a game. Give yourself time go get the rebound/2nd shot.

Yeah I hate it.   No one runs a play in these situations.    Just hold the ball out top to run the clock out.   Take a dribble or two and shoot a contested jumper.   I dont understand why coaches do it.      Its like a horrible byproduct of MJ.     Everyone thinks that is the only option in these late game situations.

Just now, d2o said:

Yeah I hate it.   No one runs a play in these situations.    Just hold the ball out top to run the clock out.   Take a dribble or two and shoot a contested jumper.   I dont understand why coaches do it.      Its like a horrible byproduct of MJ.     Everyone thinks that is the only option in these late game situations.

I vaguely remember someone doing the analytics on it, and holding for the last (bad) shot gave you like a 2% (pulled out of my ass) better chance of winning the game then or in overtime vs. taking a better shot early but risking giving the other team the ball.

Still hate it.