2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

42 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Soooo glad the league bent over backwards to get them into the playoffs over Phoenix...

SMH

umm......they had a better record than PHX.   That is what tiebreakers are for.    Did you want the reg season pre-bubble to not matter?     Do you really think they would have done better than POR against the Lakers?

Edited by d2o

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Legit or we quit 'save him for next year's disappointment' injury?

They honestly looked like they quit before the game even started last night.    For all the good will Dame built up over the last 3-4 weeks it all went to shit over the last two games.  He was passive in game 3 and pretty much disinterested last night

umm......they had a better record than PHX.   That is what tiebreakers are for.    Did you want the reg season pre-bubble to not matter?     Do you really think they would have done better than POR against the Lakers?

I wanted it to matter more than the league, because they gift wrapped wins for PDX in the bubble. Did you watch any of those games? The foul disparity, and Dame’s ability to garner FTs off absolutely nothing, were hilarious.

It seemed clear to me that the league wanted Dame in there because he’s a star.

I think Phoenix, with the run they were on, could have challenged anyone. They likely wouldn’t have taken out the Lakers, but it would have made for a much better series IMO.

40 minutes ago, d2o said:

They honestly looked like they quit before the game even started last night.    For all the good will Dame built up over the last 3-4 weeks it all went to shit over the last two games.  He was passive in game 3 and pretty much disinterested last night

So Dame went out like a dame.

1 hour ago, d2o said:

Maybe not before the game started, but once the Lakers punched them in the nose quickly in the first qtr, their body language looked defeated.  They are toast.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Mavs aren’t that far from normal offensively, but LA just isn’t missing enough shots. Open, contested, they are just filling it up tonight. 

I mean the shooting in the bubble is just absurd. I feel like we are seeing 10-12 ppg more per team than normal.

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Not exactly the best sportsmanship being shown by the clippers. They sure are boisterous when everything goes their way all game long. They can only win this game once, regardless of by how many points. 

Eh. Playoffs needs more of this. Series in the East have been putting me to sleep. 

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

How the fuck do you take Chris Paul and Blake Griffin* off the Clippers and somehow manage to make them less likeable?

*Blake Griffin seems like a cool dude off the court, but man, he, CP3, and Doc made for a super trio of nonstop ref bitching.

You add Patrick Beverly’s antics, Marcus Morris’s general assholishness and dirty play, Kawhi Leonard’s bitchassness, Paul George’s existence, Montrezl Harrell, Landry Shamet’s hairline, Lou Williams (who might be the most likeable until the stripclub incident) and Joakim Noah. They might be the most unappealing team I’ve ever witnessed. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Kermit said:

You add Patrick Beverly’s antics, Marcus Morris’s general assholishness and dirty play, Kawhi Leonard’s bitchassness, Paul George’s existence, Montrezl Harrell, Landry Shamet’s hairline, Lou Williams (who might be the most likeable until the stripclub incident) and Joakim Noah. They might be the most unappealing team I’ve ever witnessed. 

The strip club incident actually made me like Lou Williams more. That was just a classic move. And I've always liked Joakim Noah because he would never kiss Lebron's ring. But the rest? They are completely 100% unlikeable. Even Doc Rivers, as heartfelt as he was last night in his post game comments, has a long history of bitchassedness.

As an all time unlikeable team, though? I mean, the Bad Boy Pistons really set the bar. Those 80's Jazz teams were tremendously unlikeable. There's also any team that Dwight Howard ever played for and every Lakers team in history. But the Clippers are tremendous. It's going to make it even more easy to hate them if/when they win the title this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The strip club incident actually made me like Lou Williams more. That was just a classic move. And I've always liked Joakim Noah because he would never kiss Lebron's ring. But the rest? They are completely 100% unlikeable. Even Doc Rivers, as heartfelt as he was last night in his post game comments, has a long history of bitchassedness.

As an all time unlikeable team, though? I mean, the Bad Boy Pistons really set the bar. Those 80's Jazz teams were tremendously unlikeable. There's also any team that Dwight Howard ever played for and every Lakers team in history. But the Clippers are tremendous. It's going to make it even more easy to hate them if/when they win the title this year.

Yeah I'm not willing to sacrifice them winning a title to get to that level.  Fuck the Clips.   Forever and always.   Most of the current players make it easy to continue hating them but fuck the clips in general.

26 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Pretty cool of him to be open about that. That said, the heart-to-heart that Doc said they had in his hotel room is fun to think about.

"Feeling lonely, huh? Why don't you call that stripper bitch you cheated on my daughter with? That'll cheer you right up."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Pretty cool of him to be open about that. That said, the heart-to-heart that Doc said they had in his hotel room is fun to think about.

"Feeling lonely, huh? Why don't you call that stripper bitch you cheated on my daughter with? That'll cheer you right up."

Pxs GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY