2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

15 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Yeah. Having your best player hurt and then not playing makes a difference. 

Oh did he miss all those games?

The idea that Portland, with one of the leagues worst defenses, and zero wing players not named Melo, had any chance against the Lakers this year was ridiculous 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

He was hurt for the game when it was 2-1. You know the one he scored 11 points. 

What has Dame ever done in his career that makes you think it matters?

He played 26 mins in that game (more than AD) and it was an absolute bloodbath

Edited by hobbes2702

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Oh did he miss all those games?

The idea that Portland, with one of the leagues worst defenses, and zero wing players not named Melo, had any chance against the Lakers this year was ridiculous 

Yeah, it sas so bad I always thought it was a bit.   Especially the way Barkley was going on and on.    They were never gonna beat the Lakers.   I had it going 5 before they started  but I wouldnt have been surprised if the Lakers had swept.  

16 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I love how JVG thinks that an eastern European kid who has been playing against grown men since he was a teenager thinks that he couldn't handle himself against Marcus fucking Morris. 

Luka aint a punk but them Morris twins dont fuck around.   They really arent to be trifled with.

Edited by d2o

19 minutes ago, d2o said:

Luka aint a punk but them Morris twins dont fuck around.   They really arent to be trifled with.

Really?  I see Morris taking cheap shots when luka’s back is turned. Grabs him from behind to start the kp ejection. Steps on his foot from behind. Hits him in the head from behind. He only goes at him face to face when he’s yapping and trying to instigate luka to doing something physical first. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Really?  I see Morris taking cheap shots when luka’s back is turned. Grabs him from behind to start the kp ejection. Steps on his foot from behind. Hits him in the head from behind. He only goes at him face to face when he’s yapping and trying to instigate luka to doing something physical first. 

PJ is on my list of NBA stars not to fight, the Morris twins are at the top of it

1 hour ago, d2o said:

Morris told a story on a radio show (I think it was Lebatard) about him and his brother getting into it with some KU players from another sport (maybe football). He alleged it ended with them back-to-back, action movie style, prepared to take them on despite being vastly outnumbered. Probably bullshit but an entertaining tale nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

I love how JVG thinks that an eastern European kid who has been playing against grown men since he was a teenager thinks that he couldn't handle himself against Marcus fucking Morris. 

this is where he grew up

Ljubljana-Feature-Image.jpg

Ljubljana-Ljubljanica-River-Slovenia.jpg

Slovenia isnt exactly a warzone

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Cool so Richard Jefferson just blamed the mavs for Morris’ behavior because they don’t have a goon on the roster to deal with it. 

He's part of that classy Cavs' team that kept signing Dahntay Jones on the last day of the regular season for the sole purpose of looking to injure opponents in postseason garbage time.

11 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

I checked out on Den-Utah when it was 3-1. Didn't even know they were playing tonight, check thread, find out it’s going 7. Well alright then.

I thought Denver was done for sure after game 4. Now I’m thinking they are going to pull this out.

11 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Dame didn’t play...

He didn't play any after game 1? Hmmmm. News to me. My post was going to the whole over reactions after game 1. Lakers and Bucks looked like shit and lost and so many writing them off, either for the series or the remainder of the playoffs. 

Edited by Vic Mackey

3 hours ago, Drew said:

The kid moved to Madrid at 12...Let's not pretend like he grew up in distant Switzerland.

Madrid ain't like Philly. Morris would beat his ass. But that's why Luka is already a better player than the twins combined.

Man even said he doesn't want to deal with players like that. Let it go.

30 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Bucks v Heat gonna be a good series. As a Bucks fan, I worry quite a bit about their squad and Spoelstra, but I think we win in six.

Yeah, the Heat are the type of team that can give Milwaukee fits, but Giannis' post defense takes away a lot of Jimmy Butler's strengths. Both teams are probably going to have to find other guys besides their star to pick up the slack a bit. IMO whoever's 2nd and 3rd best guys play better will win.

9 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t see any way that happens. And it’s easy for me to say that right now while the heat are up heading into the 4th, but hasn’t Miami been the one team in the east that has given them fits all year? 

Heat won the regular season series 2-1. 

The thing about the Bucks' playoff road is that every series they're probably going to face an even better transition defense than the round before. And they're at their best when they get out and run. I think they'll win this series, but they should be rooting hard for Boston and the Lakers, because their offense is not going to have a good time against the Raptors or Clippers in transition. I don't think they have the half court offense that you need to win a ring.

FWIW the Heat are about middle of the pack in transition defense, but Spoelstra is good at scheming to his opponent so you know he's going to make Milwaukee beat them in the half court.

Edited by BradInATX

33 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t see any way that happens. And it’s easy for me to say that right now while the heat are up heading into the 4th, but hasn’t Miami been the one team in the east that has given them fits all year? 

I thought Giannis would have more than 18 points and 12 fg attempts. 

Maybe he's still not ready to win.