Who's going to be the first one banned from Surly?

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Not sure yet, but this could be a potential new sock: https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/profile/4142-creagantuirc/

You can follow his incarnations through that entire UCF thread.  Whenever a new guy shows up and picks up the discussion in stride, it's him.  He just can't stay away.  

Not sure yet, but this could be a potential new sock: https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/profile/4142-creagantuirc/

Bingo:

He later died in 1796 without an heir and the clan was left without a chief until in 1957 Donald MacLaren of MacLaren and Achleskine successfully matriculated his Arms at the Lyon Court. He also purchased land in Balquhidder, including Creag an Tuirc (the "Boar's Rock"), the traditional rallying point of the Clan. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_MacLaren

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pops said:

Yep. That's him. He can't help himself with the whole Utah only got into the PAC 12 instead of byu because of religious discrimination schtick. 

The irony there is that many years ago PAC teams (like Cal I remember specifically) would not play BYU because of the overt and institutional discrimination of the LDS Church in regards to no blacks in the priesthood and them being born inferior.   I've told some of y'all before that think they want BYU in the conference.....No you don't.  They are in no way worth the headaches and whining that comes from the fan base and the LDS Church.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, immamac said:

They gone. 

Confirmed the same IP Address used for all the suspected socks. IP ban handed down. Let me know if he shows up again sorry for the delay. 

“And” just negged me 20 more times this hour. Guess you didn’t look into that. And he’s still PMing me with his “bong” sock. All because he started trolling this board  

How someone with -74 rep points can neg someone 20 times in a day is a mystery to me. And he’s still not banned  

@blacklab

@immamac

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 7

On 12/9/2018 at 10:11 AM, immamac said:

They gone. 

Confirmed the same IP Address used for all the suspected socks. IP ban handed down. Let me know if he shows up again sorry for the delay. 

Thanks, there’s not many that keep coming back.  But this particular asshat is herpes. A little vigilance makes this a much better place.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

On the old board, people in the red had no rep power at all. Positive or negative. It was gray (neutral). Need to go back to that system. Negging someone 20 times in a row is fucking lunacy. 

It was actually 40. He did it two days in a row. And I have negged all his posts and can’t neg him anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I have never negged anyone on the new site. It’s just no fun without the comments.

True, pithy, sarcastic prose helps the dagger twisting.....it should be used for rib jabbing only for the most part.  Negging somebody, especially who you don't even post is the height of pussy, and very very lame I might add.

I guess I’m the only one who finds Schmitty mildly amusing. I have a big tent attitude towards messageboards. I prefer to see the Rocko, Grendel, Schmitty, Rex Kramer’s etc of the world stick around rather than be run off which is the unfortunate reputation of this place. If you don’t like them, ignore them. The diarrhea of posting that Hugo does is worse than anything that those guys listed combined. Greenspoint annoys me but I would never want him runoff. I like variety.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I guess I’m the only one who finds Schmitty mildly amusing. I have a big tent attitude towards messageboards. I prefer to see the Rocko, Grendel, Schmitty, Rex Kramer’s etc of the world stick around rather than be run off which is the unfortunate reputation of this place. If you don’t like them, ignore them. The diarrhea of posting that Hugo does is worse than anything that those guys listed combined. Greenspoint annoys me but I would never want him runoff. I like variety.

So we've heard...

• Like 2

On 12/9/2018 at 11:44 AM, Machinator said:

Yep. Gaelic -> MacLaren -> CreagAnTuirc. Same person. @ChiTownDoc was the first to call it so props. It became painfully obvious to me after that. 

Assuming imma's IP ban handled it - but he isn't showing as banned yet. 

Agreed about variety. I enjoyed Rocko because of how obsessed people were with him.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
4 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Read more  

Agreed about variety. I enjoyed Rocko because of how obsessed people were with him.

Obsessed? Or annoyed?

Although I do have to admit he could be quite a humorous turd.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
8 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Would you trade Derka for Rocko?

I’m pretty sure it’s the neg stalking that is unwelcome here.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

23 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Hugo annoys you and a lot of right wingers. Hell, he annoys me often. But you can’t put him in class w a guy banned 12 times and coming back with multiple user names each time.  Nope.  Not same thing.  

He's gone for now. I'm sure he'll pop back up within a day; he can't help himself

I don't think it took that long. New member within the hour called herpes. How apropos. Jury is out, but soft-pedaling it to start, just like all his other socks.  Reserving judgment...

2 minutes ago, pops said:

I don't think it took that long. New member within the hour called herpes. How apropos. Jury is out, but soft-pedaling it to start, just like all his other socks.  Reserving judgment...

I think you're correct.

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/profile/4154-herpes/

Edited by Machinator

51 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

It took me way too much time to figure what the hell you were accusing me of, but all I can say is that you really are not very bright.  Why would I create an account in March to troll you in December?  Oh, by the way, I happen to have an account of the same name on Shaggy, dating back another year to April 2017.  Yeah, 80 posts over two years on two different boards just to troll you... you got me! I'm a Sooner sleeper sent from the future to destroy you!  Get over yourself. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

It took me way too much time to figure what the hell you were accusing me of, but all I can say is that you really are not very bright.  Why would I create an account in March to troll you in December?  Oh, by the way, I happen to have an account of the same name on Shaggy, dating back another year to April 2017.  Yeah, 80 posts over two years on two different boards just to troll you... you got me! I'm a Sooner sleeper sent from the future to destroy you!  Get over yourself. 

We have plenty of posters with multiple accounts here.