Who's going to be the first one banned from Surly?

21 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Didn’t you bring t up in the ehlinger thread though? It’s not like it was in a thread for banning people.

1 minute ago, immortal13 said:

Proper channels, bro

Nah I get it and I accept it - just saying @Beau Vine isn't the first one to point this bullshit out.

Also it was the Zach Smith thread iirc which was a shitshow the whole way through.

I'm still learning y'alls picadillos. I'm new. Despite the fact that everyone and their grandma thinks I'm a sock.

Edited by ztejas

8 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Is it possible to get an IP ban?

Schmitty (banned) begat 903Cougar (banned) who has now begat Fart who has single-handedly put a good Utah poster into negative on the Pac-12 thread.

Fart: https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/profile/4018-fart/

Capture.jpg

I know we're all assholes to some extent, but this guy is just a misanthrope.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Schmitty (banned) begat 903Cougar (banned) who has now begat Fart who has single-handedly put a good Utah poster into negative on the Pac-12 thread.

Good Utah poster?  The guy is a douchebag troll.  

• Fuck You 5

I think negs should be limited to one per person per rep cycle. Meaning you can't neg the same person 10x in a row Positive can be unlimited per person until your rep is gone for that cycle. Too many pissing matches where people will go find a shit ton of random posts by a person and just neg them.

Just make 2 changes to rep:

1.  Something like a poster can't neg any single poster more than 3 times per month.  Would stop the neg stalkers.

2.  Eliminate the ability to rep in the Cloak Room.  There's already been several posters banned by the usual mob simply for their political views.  If you make a list of who has given the most negs, I bet at least 80% are Cloak Room regulars.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 1:57 PM, Beau Vine said:

I fucking hate this cunt.  I’ll donate a chunk of change to have him ip banned.  Then ban whatever other ip he pops up on.  He outs himself rather easily.  

• Like 1

Can't we just ban anyone who is a byu fan?  I mean we would all be better off. It isn't easy to get banned among this group of assholes. He's done it at least 5 times between this site and the last. 

I just don't understand what kind of life that cunt must live where this is what he spends his time on. Then again, never underestimate the cuntiness of a byu fan. 

7 hours ago, pops said:

Can't we just ban anyone who is a byu fan?  I mean we would all be better off. It isn't easy to get banned among this group of assholes. He's done it at least 5 times between this site and the last. 

I just don't understand what kind of life that cunt must live where this is what he spends his time on. Then again, never underestimate the cuntiness of a byu fan. 

I have family and ex-family and friends back in the Wasatch Valley (some with ties to BYU) and when I see some here advocating for BYU's addition to the Big12, I just cringe.  There are some great folks out there, but you do not want the baggage of BYU dictating (through the LDS Church) when and how games/events are going to be played.  Utah itself has mellowed out in the past 20 or so years, but for those of us who fussed about  Notre Dames playing footsie with basketball in the Big East and now the ACC, BYU is like this on steriods.  They just aren't worth it.   

16 hours ago, Lurch said:

Racism and blatant trolling are most likely to show up in CR. It’s logical that a lot of negs would be applied in there

Yeah, no. There are dips shits there who neg you because they get offended by any idea they don't agree with. If we had the racism that some claim an FBI task force would be raiding the offices of Surly investigating hate crimes.  As for trolling, hell, yeah, it needs to be trolled and hard.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah, no. There are dips shits there who neg you because they get offended by idea they don't agree with. If we had the racism that some claim an FBI task force would be  raiding the offices of Surly investigating hate crimes.  As for trolling, hell, yeah, it needs to be trolled and hard.

Most of the racism in the CR is anti-white racism

15 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I keep hearing people crying about getting unfairly neg repped in the cloak room but I have yet to see someone make a compelling argument with links of this happening. 

That was done multiple times and posted here so no one is going to go back and do the research for you.  Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

It's simple stay out of that shit hole and this site is great.  

I think it's interesting that most who complain bitterly here about the political board tend to be from 'one side'.  We may disagree about the reasons behind that (and it's not my intent to delve into it), but the representation is unmistakable.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I think it's interesting that most who complain bitterly here about the political board tend to be from 'one side'.  We may disagree about the reasons behind that (and it's not my intent to delve into it), but the representation is unmistakable.

You're right.  See who has made a bunch of socks and tried to shut down discussion and you'll see the correlation...  

I'm not sure about the correlation but if you have data I'm open to wherever it points us.

More generally, are you saying that using a bunch of socks to shut down discussion is wrong?  That strategic dishonesty and manipulation of a media platform like Surly (or Facebook) for political gain is inherently wrong?  If you do, we're in agreement.  

On 11/21/2018 at 6:55 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I keep hearing people crying about getting unfairly neg repped in the cloak room but I have yet to see someone make a compelling argument with links of this happening. 

If you don't know, you just don't WANT to know.

It happens without fail.

Touch a nerve, or more to the point, post something in opposition to the leftist cabal, and get negged. I post all over this board with my takes.  The negs only happen in CR.  It's dumb as fuck.

Fuck Cloakroom.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, slorch said:

If you don't know, you just don't WANT to know.

It happens without fail.

Touch a nerve, or more to the point, post something in opposition to the leftist cabal, and get negged. I post all over this board with my takes.  The negs only happen in CR.  It's dumb as fuck.

Fuck Cloakroom.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa people are mean to me on the internet and they challenge my beliefs

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

In my experience, most CR negs go towards outright lies and gaslighting and trolling. Now if you're picking up a bunch of negs I'd say that says more about you than the board in general. 

wrong. Offer a different POV and challenge their worldview...and you're a threat.

Again, i engage in conversations all over this board, and have done so for a decade(shag).  CR is where the negs happen.  period.

Edited by slorch

35 minutes ago, slorch said:

wrong. Offer a different POV and challenge their worldview...and you're a threat.

Again, i engage in conversations all over this board, and have done so for a decade(shag).  CR is where the negs happen.  period.

Football board would like a word. Negs fly faster there than any place