Who's going to be the first one banned from Surly?

36 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

There's no fucking way, that asshole is too lazy to post on his "own" site, he sure as hell ain't coming over here, he's already been run out on a rail once.  No, he's happy to pop in over there every few days and drop a load in the hildabeast or sam sucks thread, then waddle back off to neverland.  And yeah, wolfie posted in the pathetic game thread (I think) basically, "thanks, it's been real", I guess he's gone back into hibernation until August or so.  Sure worked out good for ol' Kev.

Before he got booted here he spent a lot of time in the CR and many of his posts had a similar flavor to the off the rails shit we've seen here recently.

5 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Before he got booted here he spent a lot of time in the CR and many of his posts had a similar flavor to the off the rails shit we've seen here recently.

yeah, but he's definitely too lazy to keep creating socks, and honestly, doesn't have the, hmmm, "wit" the Ray Pugh ass has.  mofo is as subtle as a sledgehammer.  Straight to the hildabeast/libtard/feminazi schtick he'd go, too simple for anything else.

21 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

ADHD aka Purgatory is back as Kelly Killmore. Prepare for another shitshow.

When an asshat like that keeps coming back and posting blatantly racist shit, what's wrong with laughing if he gets doxxed?  Found it odd, you decided to neg a post making fun of a shithead like that getting doxxed.  Anyways, he's gone - for now.  I'm sure it will be less than a week before his not so triumphant return.  Fucking weirdo. 

• Like 1

Facebook allows me, as the administrator of the Traces of Texas page, to hide posts.  It appears to the poster that the posts were posted and are there, but nobody else (other than me) can see them.  The offending poster has no clue that nobody is seeing his posts and wonders why nobody is responding. 

Facebook allows me, as the administrator of the Traces of Texas page, to hide posts.  It appears to the poster that the posts were posted and are there, but nobody else (other than me) can see them.  The offending poster has no clue that nobody is seeing his posts and wonders why nobody is responding. 

So that’s why no one responds to my posts there.

On 1/23/2019 at 9:53 AM, Hornius Emeritus said:

That is totally hilarious and we should do it.

28 minutes ago, XYZ said:

That is totally hilarious and we should do it.

Pretty sure this is called "ghosting" and it was suggested on TOS, I think it was confirmed that it was doable with vbulletin. Not sure about it here. The proliferation of socks/alts here has been astounding. DBC is where they all need to be locked together. Or all their posts redirected to TOS.

This is brilliant

20 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Pretty sure this is called "ghosting" and it was suggested on TOS, I think it was confirmed that it was doable with vbulletin. Not sure about it here. The proliferation of socks/alts here has been astounding. DBC is where they all need to be locked together. Or all their posts redirected to TOS.

Called shadowbanning on reddit. 

On 1/24/2019 at 1:27 PM, El Diablo said:

The problem is that these stupid sock fucks are gonna have multiple browsers going with the different accounts logged in. They'll notice pretty quickly that the posts from one of their socks aren't showing up, so they'll just stop using it and probably just create another sock.

Edited by rage-a-holic

On 1/23/2019 at 9:53 AM, Hornius Emeritus said:

Do this! Reaction positive or negative appears to be what they are after. Dead silence would be hilarious. If they are legit it shouldn’t take that long too figure it out. 

On 1/23/2019 at 8:53 AM, Hornius Emeritus said:

Love the site. The pics are uber cool.

Speaking of Facebook; do they allow you to scrub words like Twitter does?  I never get any politics on Twitter now and it’s great.  I want my social media to be about sports, family, and drunk stories and nothing else.

Edited by SDG

12 hours ago, SDG said:

Speaking of Facebook; do they allow you to scrub words like Twitter does?  I never get any politics on Twitter now and it’s great.  I want my social media to be about sports, family, and drunk stories and nothing else.

Yep.  Have a couple of buddies who are funny as shit and know some of my relatives, but the political horseshit is a beating.

22 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

HE.. I told an aggy that he had penis envy in the comment section of one of your posts. I haven't seen any ToT stuff on my feed since then. Did you ban me? 

No. Facebook has eliminated what is called organic reach. My posts aren't ending up in anybody's feed any more.  They are trying to force us to pay to distribute our content.   The only way you'll see my stuff is if you come to the page. The only caveat to that is that if you interact with the page by liking a post or commenting or sharing it, you MIGHT start seeing a little bit of my content. It pisses me off. My posts are reaching far fewer people than they did five years ago, in though five years ago I had 30,000 followers and now I have 716,000 followers. Having said that, I ask you kindly to not taunt Aggies on my page, just as I ask them not to taunt Longhorns. It just ends up in a pissing contest and I don't have the bandwidth to clean it up.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, slorch said:

Message heard and understood, but good fucking luck shutting up an aggy...

Here's an article about organic reach and Facebook, if you're interested.

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/facebook-organic-reach-declining

I don't understand why they are doing this. I'm providing free, unique content that brings eyeballs to pages where they place the ads that generate their revenue.  It seems short-sighted to me.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

No. Facebook has eliminated what is called organic reach. My posts aren't ending up in anybody's feed any more.  They are trying to force us to pay to distribute our content.   The only way you'll see my stuff is if you come to the page. The only caveat to that is that if you interact with the page by liking a post or commenting or sharing it, you MIGHT start seeing a little bit of my content. It pisses me off. My posts are reaching far fewer people than they did five years ago, in though five years ago I had 30,000 followers and now I have 716,000 followers. Having said that, I ask you kindly to not taunt Aggies on my page, just as I ask them not to taunt Longhorns. It just ends up in a pissing contest and I don't have the bandwidth to clean it up.

Wait, is that why I don’t see your stuff anymore on Facebook very much? That’s terrible.

I was wondering why I don’t see it anymore. I hate Facebook with a passion.

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Sorry about the taunt. Alcohol may have been involved. 

That being said I'll make sure to go comment on your posts (politely) so that others on my feed may see them. 

5 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Your page comes to my facebook page pretty regularly.

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Your page comes to my facebook page pretty regularly.

Keep in mind that I'm posting roughly 8-10 times per day.  And I misspoke when I said that Facebook has eliminated Organic Reach completely. It's thought to be about 2% now, down from 16% four years ago.  Which means that any given post stands a 1 in 50 chance of appearing in your feed. But, four years ago, any given post stood (roughly) one in five chance of appearing in your feed. So, if I posted 10 times per day, you would have, on average, received two of them ---- enough of a reminder to you to come and check out what other stuff I've posted that day.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Hornius Emeritus said:

Keep in mind that I'm posting roughly 8-10 times per day.  And I misspoke when I said that Facebook has eliminated Organic Reach completely. It's thought to be about 2% now, down from 16% four years ago.  Which means that any given post stands a 1 in 50 chance of appearing in your feed. But, four years ago, any given post stood (roughly) one in five chance of appearing in your feed. So, if I posted 10 times per day, you would have, on average, received two of them ---- enough of a reminder to you to come and check out what other stuff I've posted that day.

I see 1-3 a day sometimes.  So I'm not seeing most of your posts then ?  Great site. I'm a huge fan of old B&W pics that capture every day life. Theres a site that post pics and movies of old wooden sailing ship days.  Gives me wood every time those posts comes across my feed.

I don't hit like on all your posts. Wonder if that would get me more feeds ?