Three hundred thousand idiots wanna take over Area 51

Parliament

34 minutes ago, RPM said:

When is this supposed to happen and where will it be live streamed?

It's September 20. You seem like a nice person. If you buy the combo hat and t shirt pack, the koozie is free. If you go with Onboard's PPV, for an extra $10 you can access the hidden camera view. This will capture the attendees as they Naruto run toward the facility and you can peek down their shirts.

11 minutes ago, Parliament said:

It was.  That said, a TRUE human wave attack of 300k dedicated attackers might be hard to thwart.  Of course these numbskulls are not dedicated at all, but still.

Brah, the reversed, alien, weapon technology could take care of 300K idiots pronto....

Edited by Onboard 2.0

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

any updates here?

Last I read they are going to need bring their own RV and WiFi:

AMARGOSA VALLEY, Nev. — Yes, people are seriously planning to go to Area 51 on Sept. 20, and Rachel, Nevada, has “no vacancy” to prove it.

I cannot believe it’s gotten this much attention. We deal with this on a weekly basis, but nothing to this scale,” Lincoln County Sheriff Kerry Lee told CNN.

However, the big problem remains: If more people come, where will they stay?

Rachel has a population of 54, and is surrounded by ghost towns and desert. The town boasts only four businesses in its city limits, and the Little A’Le’Inn is the only one that provides lodging and food.

According to its website, the inn is “booked solid” for Sept. 20, the day suggested for the raid. The inn has 14 rooms, and camping space is now the last available option.

To make matters worse, Rachel’s only gas station closed in 2006, so visitors will have to fill their tanks 50 miles away in Alamo, Nevada.

Those in the small town were shocked when they realized people were coming, as satirically suggested by a Facebook page titled “Storm Area 51, They Can’t Stop All of Us.” The Air Force Base in the desert has spurred conspiracy theories as a UFO and alien holding site for decades.

The next closest town to get lodging is also Alamo, and most of the hotels are already booked or have very low availability.

Safety of the tourists is a top concern

Sheriff Lee said that the normal draw for that time of year is hunting and mountain biking, but it only brings in a few hundred tourists. Even a thousand visitors could put a strain on emergency services.

“We could probably handle it, but it could definitely cause issues. Heaven forbid the number is 5,000 people, where you almost double the size of the county,” Lee said.

But the number of people isn’t even Lee’s main concern. He said exposure to the environment is what he is worried about.

“I could see people with a lot of heat-related issues, and with our limited resources up here, it could definitely jeopardize their safety. The number of people could overwhelm our EMS in a hurry,” he said.

Lee, along with the Air Force, urged people not to storm the facility. He encouraged people to come “see the stars” or take in the terrain, but not to try and get into Area 51. If they do, they may be meeting Lee and his officers because they could be called to help with trespassers.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi2nayni_bjAhVDOKwKHSHJBm4QzPwBegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffox6now.com%2F2019%2F07%2F29%2Fnote-to-those-hoping-to-raid-area-51-theres-not-enough-space%2F&psig=AOvVaw0mfJvrilEZKJvWFGEbOi1Q&ust=1565450395882646

On 7/30/2019 at 5:09 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Wolverines!

The dabbing and hoverboards were a nice touch. I only caught a glimpse and I'm very bad with military stuff, but was that a German eagle logo at around the 30 second or earlier mark? It was on something the soldier people were assembling.

It was a Nazi flying saucer.

see: Iron Sky

I bet there’s more interesting stuff at Tonopah Test Range anyways, think Skunkworks have more facilities there.  Besides, probably 90% of the stuff you’d find at Groom is not going to be that outrageous from the outside...B21 prototypes, RQ-170s, materials testing...I doubt there’s anything that’s outwardly radical like an A12 would be in April of ‘62, or a Have Blue in 1977.  Feels like the optimal shape for stealth debuted with the Spirit, much like large airliners have settled into podded engines and tubular airframe.  

The really secret stuff will be on computer, test stands, performance data, maybe some scramjet mockups.  

Id love to catch a Janet flight there, don’t get me wrong, but overall I bet most of the stuff there is exciting in the implementation details or engineering problems solved, and not something a normal mouth breathing ‘don’t worry I’m here from the internet’ guy will appreciate.  

Edited by Homercles

• 1 month later...

My maternal grandfather, who died about a decade ago, retired as an electrical engineer at Delco.  Prior to that he had worked on radios for the USAAF in the African theater, and spent some time as a contractor with Lockheed before moving back to NY where he met my grandmother at Xerox...before they released the first viable copier (which is another story, they coulda been rich from early stock options).  

Something that’ll always haunt me is a random conversation when I’d asked him where he’d visited...at the time I was a teen and not paying really close attention to much of anything.  One of the places he mentioned was Groom Lake, which made my ears perk up but I couldn’t recall why at the time.

It was only years later that I realized it was Dreamland/A51, and it’s driven me nuts that I didn’t realize at the time the kind of questions I could have asked...and sadly once I did the man was gone.  Maybe he was just there as something simple like wiring up UHF for the place, but he was there for a spell in the very early stages of the Angel program (U-2) when Kelly Johnson first commissioned the place as Paradise Ranch...I bet he had some very interesting stories to share.  

Edited by Homercles
  • Like 1

Well guess they left the gate or were asked to leave.  Came back ten minutes later to even fewer dudes standing around talking about music.  Can’t even call it a letdown we all knew it was coming, just a meme rally in the desert with a sign begging to ‘clap alien cheeks’

Edited by Homercles