F250

Devin Duvernay is a grown ass man

33 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Roy Williams 

Quan Cosby

Devin Duvernay

Jordan Shipley

Limas Sweed

LJH. Wane. Kwame. All better than Limas. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

As they should. I just don’t see his size translating to a high pick. 

That's true, actually. He's listed as 5"11, so he's probably around 5"10. You may be right on the size aspect, so I'll give you that. 

He's going to have a long NFL career.  He is tough as shit, fast, quick and pretty much catches everything that hits his hands.

Someone else mentioned he reminds them of Steve Smith, and I think that's an apt comparison. He's tough af, has glue for hands, and doesn't quit. I don't think he has the mouth of Smith, but whatever. 

7 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Someone else mentioned he reminds them of Steve Smith, and I think that's an apt comparison. He's tough af, has glue for hands, and doesn't quit. I don't think he has the mouth of Smith, but whatever. 

Great comp. 

21 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Steve Smith skills + Andre Johnson mannerisms = Devin Duvernay

Just now, cdain3 said:

I like that, actually. Even if Johnson beat Cortland Finnegan like a bitch. 

I know certain players take time to develop.  So I guess that could be the case here, but I have to think that more playing time last year would have been beneficial for our offense last year.  Also, I don't know how after watching the guy play all year this year that he was not a captain to start the year.  He exemplifies everything anyone wants a football player to be on the field.  No clue how he is off the field obviously.....

Just now, deech said:

I know certain players take time to develop.  So I guess that could be the case here, but I have to think that more playing time last year would have been beneficial for our offense last year.  Also, I don't know how after watching the guy play all year this year that he was not a captain to start the year.  He exemplifies everything anyone wants a football player to be on the field.  No clue how he is off the field obviously.....

Quiet, hard worker, intense and fierce.

Doesn't smile much per Ehlinger, just works his ass off and no nonsense guy...

Herman said Devin runs angry with the ball after he catches it...

When the game ended today, I saw DD immediately head up the tunnel with a towel over his head. Didn't stay for the Eyes. Didn't shake hands. Just left. Anyone know what was up with that? 

When the game ended today, I saw DD immediately head up the tunnel with a towel over his head. Didn't stay for the Eyes. Didn't shake hands. Just left. Anyone know what was up with that? 
He's a different cat. I've always wondered if he regrets leaving Baylor.

28 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Disgusted with the shit show that is our team. We were supposed to contend for a playoff spot, not struggle for bowl eligibility. 

33 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Maybe he just wanted to get his potential injury evaluated.

Through 12 games, just under 1,300 yards (1,294) receiving. Had one or two drops that I can recall, numerous critical third-down catches, and dealt out more trucks than a Ford dealership. 

What a great fucking player.

9 hours ago, Horndog said:

That was Juwan Bitchell I mean Mitchell.

9 hours ago, Horndog said:

Maybe get your facts straight before posting?

9 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Maybe get your facts straight before posting?

Wow, sorry. I just saw #6 heading up the tunnel. Too far away to read thr name. Made an honest mistake. Thanks to Sock Monkey for the correction. 

9 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Through 12 games, just under 1,300 yards (1,294) receiving. Had one or two drops that I can recall, numerous critical third-down catches, and dealt out more trucks than a Ford dealership. 

What a great fucking player.

I was about to ask whether that drop yesterday was the first of his career, couldn't remember if he got his first earlier this year, but that would've been pretty funny to have it on his last game ever. And completely forgiveable for the type of player he's been for us. I'm going to miss him. Damn shame it took most of the season for us to get other guys involved without Collin. Once the pressure was away from Devin he had huge games. Biletnikoff can suck a dick. 

19 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

As they should. I just don’t see his size translating to a high pick. 

The NFL is becoming less and less obsessed with size when it comes to WRs. Quickness, in and out of routes, along with speed are the areas that smart NFL teams put at a premium.

5 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

I was about to ask whether that drop yesterday was the first of his career, couldn't remember if he got his first earlier this year, but that would've been pretty funny to have it on his last game ever. And completely forgiveable for the type of player he's been for us. I'm going to miss him. Damn shame it took most of the season for us to get other guys involved without Collin. Once the pressure was away from Devin he had huge games. Biletnikoff can suck a dick. 

I think Herman threw him under the bus for a drop on a wide receiver screen on our last shitty drive that went 3 and out against Iowa state

18 hours ago, cdain3 said:

He’s gonna make a great Seahawk.  

3 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

The NFL is becoming less and less obsessed with size when it comes to WRs. Quickness, in and out of routes, along with speed are the areas that smart NFL teams put at a premium.

I have loved Devin and thought he was grossly misused by Herman the past couple of years. Devin’s future is as a slot guy. He’s Randall Cobb with more speed. He won’t go before the 3rd round and I doubt before the 4th because of his size  

This board grossly overestimated the draft positions of our players.  Some of that is we just aren’t that good, despite the notion we have of superior talent. Part of that is lack of development (not the case with DD). Part of it is ingrained NFL bullshit. For example, CJ will go in the draft before DD, precisely because of body type, and DD will likely have the more productive career and ultimately make more money. 

Edited by Dr. Beeper

The Steve Smith comp is interesting. Because of his slot receiver role, and YPC, people view him as a quick gritty guy. And he is. But he’s a fucking burner. People don’t realize how fast he is. He’s not merely “quick” like Cobb or Beasley. He’s fast as shit. 

Devin Duvernay has first round potential and you’re smoking if you think otherwise.

He’s a track guy who runs good routes and has great hands. If he goes sub 4.4 or somehow has an elite 3 cone drill, he’ll definitely be in the discussion.

39 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Devin Duvernay has first round potential and you’re smoking if you think otherwise.

He’s a track guy who runs good routes and has great hands. If he goes sub 4.4 or somehow has an elite 3 cone drill, he’ll definitely be in the discussion.

No. He will not. 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:08 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

I have loved Devin and thought he was grossly misused by Herman the past couple of years. Devin’s future is as a slot guy. He’s Randall Cobb with more speed. He won’t go before the 3rd round and I doubt before the 4th because of his size  

This board grossly overestimated the draft positions of our players.  Some of that is we just aren’t that good, despite the notion we have of superior talent. Part of that is lack of development (not the case with DD). Part of it is ingrained NFL bullshit. For example, CJ will go in the draft before DD, precisely because of body type, and DD will likely have the more productive career and ultimately make more money. 

Where is CJ projected to go?  I wouldn't think it would be that high with his lack of production and likely slow 40.

28 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Where is CJ projected to go?  I wouldn't think it would be that high with his lack of production and likely slow 40.

CFL if he’s lucky. 

His height won't be held against him in the slot.  He's stoutly built and hard to tackle and that will make sure it's not an issue.  He will run well at the combine and he should go in the top 3 rounds.  Some team might fall in love with his speed and make him a first rounder.

Edited by kevwun

3 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

If he has a slow 40 time I bet he simply won’t get draft like LJH. But I think it’ll be appreciably higher than LJH. He’s not that fast but he’s not LJH bad. 

If he has a slow 40 time I bet he simply won’t get draft like LJH. But I think it’ll be appreciably higher than LJH. He’s not that fast but he’s not LJH bad. 

Yeah, he’s probably gonna perform a lot better than LJH in the drills at the combine.

10 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Duvernary? Geez, even when this guy gets some much-deserved recognition, they still find a way to fuck it up.

shit12 conference spelled it wrong

On 11/30/2019 at 8:08 PM, Atticus said:

The 3 cone drill and other drills measuring shiftiness are probably areas where he won't do as well.  Despite all his excellent traits he's always seemed a bit stiff to me. Maybe it's his body type because he reminds me of Quan Cosby in this area.  I will say that he does seem to have gained and exhibited additional flexibility this past season so maybe he'll do better than I think.