hayden_horn

austin radio stuff

Reshuffling the deck chairs on the titanic. That station doesn't need to switch up the hosts. It needs new hosts.

Hogan's the only #1 they have. Everyone else is a backup.

Aggy chad and trey are going to bomb. those dudes are both backups/#2s. They need a strong and likeable #1 to play off. Chad can just be painfully, awkwardly goofy. And with Trey continuing to take a full 18 minutes to set the stage for any of his comments/stories/bits, that's not a slog I'm willing to go through. 

That's a lot of cooks in the afternoon drive show but not any chefs. Rod's football analysis is better than everyone at that station, but his non-sports takes are pretty awkward. I like BK. I think he can grow into a strong radio personality, but he's not a #1 yet. I know a lot of posters seem to be turned off by Kevin Dunn. I like him enough. He doesn't do anything to really annoy me. It'll be interesting to see what role he settles into with Rod and BK.

Craig Way and Jeff Howe, sometimes each solo, sometimes together. Meh? Good? Who the fuck knows. They'll probably talk Horns a lot, which is good. 

Like I said earlier, this just seems like a desperate attempt to see if they can get any mish-mash/combo of these back ups and role players to get some chemistry and create chicken salad out of chicken shit. It's obvious that what the station, and the Austin market in general, really needs are stronger radio personalities. We just don't have them. 

Agreed.  Combining Chad and Trey is like making a soup out of paste and skim milk.  It seems like a setup to kill them off, which will probably succeed, but I've never known radio to be charitable.

I still think BK is a star in the making.  Him and Hogan are the only two who are engaging on their own, in my opinion.

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Agreed.  Combining Chad and Trey is like making a soup out of paste and skim milk.  It seems like a setup to kill them off, which will probably succeed, but I've never known radio to be charitable.

I still think BK is a star in the making.  Him and Hogan are the only two who are engaging on their own, in my opinion.

The changes are being made to test this theory it seems.

New stuff from Jeff on his Jeff Ward FB Fan Page:

MESSAGE FROM JEFF:

To avoid being caught up in SXSW clutter, my marketing team has decided to push back its substantial campaign a few weeks. You’ll love the ad campaign; it’s “vintage Jeff.”

I (along with my producer, Johnny), will be live on April 13th, and there will be plenty of ways to access both live AND recorded shows. (And no, KLBJ is not involved.)

See you soon,
Jeff

2 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

New stuff from Jeff on his Jeff Ward FB Fan Page:

MESSAGE FROM JEFF:

To avoid being caught up in SXSW clutter, my marketing team has decided to push back its substantial campaign a few weeks. You’ll love the ad campaign; it’s “vintage Jeff.”

I (along with my producer, Johnny), will be live on April 13th, and there will be plenty of ways to access both live AND recorded shows. (And no, KLBJ is not involved.)

See you soon,
Jeff

No Jimmy the Neck?

I liked Trey/BK. Trey is good as a producer though, BK is the real talent like others have said. They had a lot of good guests....Richard Linklater, Mia Kalifa, the dad from Friday was on there....will miss that one.

I'm liking Dan Patrick show on youtube now. Wonder where his vanilla brother Rich Eisen ends up, he is currently on Fox Sports but will be done with them soon as they have Cowherd in the same slot.

I think if you told me to pick out two people at the station who absolutely shouldn’t be paired together, I might pick Chad and Trey.

I like Babers for his football knowledge and analysis.

Listening to him trying to contribute to other things is a beating.   

I know it’s hip to hate on Dudley and bob but I still stream everyday. They had to cut Daniel yesterday.

On 3/12/2020 at 4:07 PM, Wally Pryor said:

Yes, he would be good radio right now. 

On 3/11/2020 at 9:30 PM, TPCJ007 said:

Any update on Ward's return? I would like to hear his take on the Corona virus situation.

His wife’s FB page says 4/13.  Not sure if on the radio or a podcast.

6 hours ago, deft said:

I know it’s hip to hate on Dudley and bob but I still stream everyday. They had to cut Daniel yesterday.

They have my preferred genre, but I couldn't tune in when I was driving to work.  Now that I'm home I can't listen to afternoon radio.  Fire them all and put the MP3s on a huge loop.

COMING APRIL 13! 
Pull up a bar stool, Austin. Jeff Ward is back.

Beginning April 13, the longtime local talk-radio host is returning to the conversation with “The
Jeff Ward Show” — airing live weekdays, 9 a.m. to noon, on the new Statesman News Network.

“I don’t cheer for political parties. In fact, I spend a great deal of time ripping them,” says Ward.
“I’m an Austin guy who likes to talk about Austin stuff.”

On 3/24/2020 at 11:19 AM, Radical Larry said:

Yeah, it sucks that they had to let Daniel go.

He got another job in the building, though. They need to get rid of Dale. Bob, Matt, and Chuy are actually much more listenable when he's not there.