tokamak

Unpopular Opinions Thread

On 10/8/2019 at 12:54 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

Weirdest damned thing, really, but it buys me a few minutes peace any time I feel like eating in a real roadside dive.

you should get her up in the equipment room

When I was a kid I used to make fun of creed and specifically the song “higher” (just like everyone else, because it was the popular thing to do).  But listening to it again as I’ve gotten older and reading along with the lyrics, it’s a great fucking song. Like, not a good song. A great song. 

Jesus titty-fucking christ.

On 11/2/2019 at 6:20 PM, Dbeasy said:

Sixteen Candles is one of the greatest movies ever made.

I don't know about that but Long Duk Dong is one of the greatest characters in all of film.  

When I was a kid I used to make fun of creed and specifically the song “higher” (just like everyone else, because it was the popular thing to do).  But listening to it again as I’ve gotten older and reading along with the lyrics, it’s a great fucking song. Like, not a good song. A great song. 
"Can you take me higher. To a place where linemen ski"

23 hours ago, Whatever said:
On 11/2/2019 at 3:01 PM, youdunnf said:

"Can you take me higher. To a place where linemen ski"

glencampbell.jpg

Edited by lateshow
internet is hard

I'm hearing a lot recently about movies, characters etc that are empowering to women. Are they so fragile that they need to be constantly told so? /no sexist...maybe a little. 

7 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Agreed.  W/out the Donger and Farmer Ted, that movie is horribad. 

I had to Google it. Weird, given that I was in high school at the time. So, I asked my wife:  "One movie, from when we were in high school... go!" 

I was thinking "Fast Times" but, no, she says "Sixteen Candles" -- must be a chick thing.

11 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Agreed.  W/out the Donger and Farmer Ted, that movie is horribad. 

Are you serious?  There's only 2 or 3 scenes with the Ryszczyk family, particularly the great John Kapelos as son-in-law-to-be, Rudy Ryszczk.  Those scenes are gold.  As were all the grandparents scenes.  Other than the date rape(s), the movie holds up really well after 35 years.    

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Are you serious?  There's only 2 or 3 scenes with the Ryszczyk family, particularly the great John Kapelos as son-in-law-to-be, Rudy Ryszczk.  Those scenes are gold.  As were all the grandparents scenes.  Other than the date rape(s), the movie holds up really well after 35 years.    

Yep. Definitely a chick thing.