The TCU game

BigOrange1

All the injuries have hurt Texas for sure.

Guy on sports radio in DFW earlier today said folks on TCU staff believe the horny toads are tougher than this current Texas team.

What the heck has happened to being more physical than the opponent??  Where's the tough guys for Texas??

Horns needs this:

(Sorry for unleashing Surly with video... 😆😆😆)

2 minutes ago, MoJames said:

good ole if he is bad but good at this then the next guy even tho bad will be good too logic.

When the 120th ranked team in total defense (out of 130) and 126th in passing yards allowed comes to town, every opposing QB starts to look forward to lighting up the scoreboard.

2 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

And just how much fear did Kansas' QB strike into your heart this time last week?

Not much but if you'd told me that we'd have to play a senior QB coming into the game with 12TDs/4ints with a secondary having injuries of various significance to Jones, Sterns, Green, Overshown, Foster, Brown and Thompson, my eyebrows might have raised.

20 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

When the 120th ranked team in total defense (out of 130) and 126th in passing yards allowed comes to town, every opposing QB starts to look forward to lighting up the scoreboard.

Malcom Perry thinks you're wrong.

Edited by MoJames

4 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Malcom Perry thinks your wrong.

Good old Malcolm. The "12th Man" who came from the stands to be there for his team. Who will ever forget his willingness to be there for his team in their moment of need. I'm sure one day he will have a statue dedicated in his honor and fans will forever stand during football games in remembrance of him.

Or, maybe not.

By the way, what does Malcolm think about my wrong? And which wrong is he referring to? I've wronged a lot.

Edited by Randolph Duke

Just now, Casual Encounter said:

Two wongs don’t make a white.

Two Wongs don't make it white.

If you are going to offend, offend correctly.

But, genetically speaking, two Wongs would probably not make a white. They would probably make an Asian. Possibly with genetic inbreeding defects. Depending on how closely the two Wongs were related.

But I digress.

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

These players have never wanted to spill blood.  Neither has the staff. They live by the just good enough w is a w mantra.  But we will win 

I agree with this.  The problem is when you play 11 or 12 games like this you're going to lose a game or two you shouldn't.  It could be this week or in consecutive weeks following the off week.

Edited by UTEX90
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Two Wongs don't make it white.

If you are going to offend, offend correctly.

But, genetically speaking, two Wongs would probably not make a white. They would probably make an Asian. Possibly with genetic inbreeding defects. Depending on how closely the two Wongs were related.

But I digress.

My post was just simple autocorrect you offensive bastard!

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

This thread has awakened Randolph Duke's ass burgers.....

Delete thread ban OP

Yep, that's the way to improve the performance of the football team - delete social media threads where people cite official NCAA statistics.

Thank God we have such brilliant tactical minds as you.

Seriously. This thread must be deleted and all factual references banned. Only be eliminating unapproved "truth speech" will Tom Herman ever figure out how to get his team from the cellar of NCAA performance statistics and into a chicken sandwich bowl (or whatever) this season.

Todd Orlando bears no responsibility for the shit performance of the UT defense this year. Randolph Duke is to blame! Randolph Duke weighs the same as a duck! He must be burned!

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 minute ago, Randolph Duke said:

Yep, that's the way to improve the performance of the football team - delete social media threads where people cite official NCAA statistics.

Seriously. This thread must be deleted and all factual references banned. Only be eliminating unapproved "truth speech" will Tom Herman ever figure out how to get his team from the cellar of NCAA performance statistics and into a chicken sandwich bowl (or whatever) this season.

Todd Orlando bears no responsibility for the shit performance of the UT defense this year. Randolph Duke is to blame! Randolph Duke weighs the same as a duck! He must be burned!

My take home form this is Duke actually believes his posting of statistics on this message board are going to have an effect on the football team, interdasting.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Todd Orland bears no responsibility for the shit performance of the UT defense this year. Randolph Duke is to blame! Randolph Duke weighs the same as a duck! He must be burned!

spacer.png

55b9102549fd06279e55dc644f13b729.jpg
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MoJames said:

My take home form this is Duke actually believes his posting of statistics on this message board are going to have an effect on the football team, interdasting.

giphy.gif

Your take should be that deleting the thread to sensor my comments won't have any effect on the performance of the team.

My complaints about the performance of the team, and the reasonable nature of being concerned about tomorrow's game, aren't going to be any less valid if, as Surly Bevo requested, the thread gets deleted and the OP gets banned.

But you are entitled to your take on the thread.

Have a nice day.

This game is pretty much a must win given the turmoil within the team and unrest with the fans and donors. If Orlando rolls out the same trash this weekend and gives up 40+ to TCU in a loss, the wheels could come completely off. Win convincingly and "Texas is Back!" and the KU and OU games are forgotten.

7 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Win convincingly and "Texas is Back!" and the KU and OU games are forgotten.

A convincing win is the standard, to keep everyone from imploding as they have been the past two weeks.. we would need a blowout with all new offensive plays and a defensive identity with players who tackled.  Having said that, I think Herman can get there.

I think i'm with that poster who said there may be trolls afoot amplifying the hate. Social media exploding with negativity about Texas absolutely has an impact on kids and recruiting these days... and it sucks to see folks loose faith so quickly when there is time to improve on play this season. 

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

Is this going to be the game thread again this week? You know how I know no one gives a shit anymore, people didn't even make a game thread last week. 

No, last week was Kansas.

They are horrible and we should beat them badly

8 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

He'll have everything under control.  Been awhile since he broke out the Slugger.  He'll dust it off and all will be well.

DN-ySWDWkAENkpi.jpg

Tom and the gang need to break out the bat again and go all Walter Sobchak on TCU tomorrow

spacer.png

"Do you see what happens Gary?!? This is what happens!"