Why do we keep fucking this up?

GhostOfTomJoad

10 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Bah, in the 80s and early 90s we showed up in droves for shitty football.  And drank a lot.  We didn't wear orange much, but we made a lotta fuckin noise if there was something worthwhile going on.

Showed up in the 2nd quarter, left in the 4th and spent the entire game sitting down and socializing in a 70% full stadium that was doing the same.  With the notable exceptions of ACL weekends and Thanksgiving games, the students who go to games these days are light years better than the 80s and early 90s...

Edited by Ignatius
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Longhorn said:

Everyone on here wanted Herman. Go back and read the threads.

Not me.  That's why I got negged to Bolivia (and will again after this post. maybe barred).  So I just got out.  This is not the place for free speech or difference of popular opinion.  Anyway, not here to say I told you so,  but I originally said that in December 2019 we would be looking a new coach.  You can imagine how that went over.  Like the OP said, why don't we ever do a coaching SEARCH instead of hiring the hot name.  That's a lot of damn money for an impulse hire.  I don't know who I would have hired cause I am not in the hiring game, but I am pretty sure this was a done deal before Charlie lost to Kansas.  And I would have looked at other options. Herman is a condescending, narcissistic prick.  Funny how many people think that's OK cause of the money he makes.  Do you think his coaching hires are funny too?  Right now I would look at Aranda, Venables maybe.  I don't know.  But whoever said this is Makovick II (sp) is correct.  I want somebody fundamentally sound. I know all about offenses in the B12.  But the bottom line is you still have to tackle and cover.  That has NEVER changed.  Just think what we could do with talent AND coaching.  

I know that Texas would never stoop to the level of hiring a coordinator.  That's way way beneath us.  But I hope we look around next time.  In the meantime, it will be interesting to see what ole hermmy boy does.  As always, Hook'em Horns and FUCK BAYLOR.

Neg away cause I have to be an aggy troll.  LOL.  

• Like 7

7 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Imho the program is at a crossroads. We talk about being blue bloods and a premiere program in college football but it's a constant let down. 3 fucking conference titles in 22 years and getting owned by Oklahoma is a GD abortion. 

This program was once dominant that feared nobody (the pride and winning tradition......) yet now has become a constant excuse of why they couldn't win this because of x,y,z, etc... 

It's time to make a fucking decision. Is this a fucking blue blood program that competes for national titles annually and fears nobody or does the University of Texas care too much about trying to be Notre Dame and Stanford's peer to turn shit on and dominate?

What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. 'Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, Bluto, we might get in trouble.' (shouting) Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

8 hours ago, Chad said:

Holy fuck. They're the aggy. They could hire Swinney or Saban and finish 8-4 every year. They couldn't even win dick with Bear fucking Bryant.

We’ve only won one (1) more conference championship than they have in the past 22 years. This is despite consistently beating them in the recruiting rankings and prancing around like blue bloods. WE are aggy now. 

WGAS if we finish 10-2 every year if we only have participation ribbons to show for it?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Imho the program is at a crossroads. We talk about being blue bloods and a premiere program in college football but it's a constant let down. 3 fucking conference titles in 22 years and getting owned by Oklahoma is a GD abortion. 

This program was once dominant that feared nobody (the pride and winning tradition......) yet now has become a constant excuse of why they couldn't win this because of x,y,z, etc... 

It's time to make a fucking decision. Is this a fucking blue blood program that competes for national titles annually and fears nobody or does the University of Texas care too much about trying to be Notre Dame and Stanford's peer to turn shit on and dominate?

Dominant? I think that’s a stretch.

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

he had 30 guys on that squad headed for the NFL and it still took a 100 year QB talent to get it done.

Yeah, people reminiscing about the great dominant days of old have very very short memories.  Outside of a complete anomaly year or two, we've underachieved pretty consistently.

it's not hard at all:

1. coach

2. QB

3. Talent

You have to have 4-5 stars in the two-deep roster, not just starters.  when OU and Texas show up, they'll get the other teams best chance. You show up with a lack of focus, decimated by injures, hurt QB, you're gonna lose.  

the unrealistic high expectations crate artificial pressure on the program which leads to more losing.  UT is a few years away from having the depth, proces, and talent to be elite. but yall won't leave Herman alone. you will pressure him, annoy him, which will lead him to coach under pressure and shit the bed. then you hire another promising good coach, and turn him into a failure. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, John Smith2 said:

the unrealistic high expectations crate artificial pressure on the program which leads to more losing.  UT is a few years away from having the depth, proces, and talent to be elite. but yall won't leave Herman alone. you will pressure him, annoy him, which will lead him to coach under pressure and shit the bed. then you hire another promising good coach, and turn him into a failure. 

Bullshit.  You saying we don't have better players on our roster than TCU?  Of course we do.  The only difference is they have much better coaches.

• Like 1

Just now, Landomatic said:

Bullshit.  You saying we don't have better players on our roster than TCU?  Of course we do.  The only difference is they have much better coaches.

those things I mentioned were a package. the whole thing. can;t pick and tear apart. Does KSate have better players than OU?

c'mon man. Your QB is probably playing at 75%.  your secondary is decimated.

I do think Herman is a bit too emotional at times, but so is Saban. I think the offensive scheme is a bit outdated which leads to QB injuries. 

1 minute ago, John Smith2 said:

those things I mentioned were a package. the whole thing. can;t pick and tear apart. Does KSate have better players than OU?

c'mon man. Your QB is probably playing at 75%.  your secondary is decimated.

I do think Herman is a bit too emotional at times, but so is Saban. I think the offensive scheme is a bit outdated which leads to QB injuries. 

Of course not. Upsets happen all the time.  The problem with Mensa is that it’s a trend.  The guy consistently loses a couple games a year he should win.  He did at Houston and he is now.  It’s kind of become his thing.

And injuries are part of the game. For every program.

We’re stuck in a vicious cycle. Hire new coach. He hires safe choices for his staff. Things go bad at first then improve. Then we regress to the mean. If Sam didn’t exist, I think we’d be staring at going to the next head coach right now. Sam has been the key to Herman’s success. His defenses certainly haven’t. Combine that with Baylor(until this year), Tech, and oSu all going backwards in the time Herman has been here.

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

Seems to me that when we hired both Strong and Herman, they had made their reputations with big wins made by star QBs. Kinda like Mack rode Vince Young's NC to ten extra ten or so years of shit coaching.

We need a coach who got there the hard way. I sure liked what I saw outta Klieman yesterday. He won four small college NCs. He probably took young players who were competitive in their class and molded them into champions. He knows football. He knows his Xs and Os.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Like 1

We need to find a way to consolidate Texas talent pre scholarship limits.  There are 2 ways to do this.

1.  Cheat like hell.  No matter what, always be cheating.  Alabama does it.  If they get caught, no matter.  They know that they will always cheat so good times are right around the corner.

2.  Consolidate the number of P5 teams in Texas.  Texas talent is too diluted.  We need to cull some lesser schools and truly get our pick.  To get this done we would need to cheat like hell and drive other Texas schools into the gutter.  See #1.

Edited by 2300 Nueces

There is a time for the discussion about losing our morals and cheat like SECx3 et al.   That time is when we have been to the CFP many times and keep losing.

The cheating talent deficit is irrelevant when talking about a loss to TCU and needing a fucking kicker to save us against Kansas.     

The coaching is unacceptable.    

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tom Chairman said:

Lol are you implying Jimbo is same caliber as Urban??

No. I’m implying that throwing a shitload of $ at a NC winning coach doesn’t mean automatic success. And bringing one that leaves before the shit hits the fan with sanctions isn’t a good long term plan.

• Like 1

I admit I loved the Herman hire.  It I was beat down by Charlie.  Herman was literally the opposite of Charlie in so many ways.  His teams played fast hard etc.  won with lesser athletes etc.   but I guess his crap only works with lowly recruited kids.  The thought of him winning right down the road was tough to handle

hindsight maybe we should’ve let LSU have him.  
I remember LSU fans disappointment at having to basically settle for coach O. At the time, everyone else in the big 12 feared that Texas was gonna curb stomp Baylor, TCU, etc. for the foreseeable future and that LSU was gonna settle into a decade of irrelevancy.

In an alternative reality, Texas would have money whipped Briles the day after 2013's 30-10 loss in Waco instead of hiring Strong, ESPN wouldn't have shined the flashlight on his bad character recruiting, and yall would have a string of playoff/championships. Cause that dude can flat out coach offense, morals be damned.

I always wonder about that last scenario.

Our next coach absolutely has to run a spread/air raid offense.

Run the same goddamn offense every high school in Texas runs. Its that simple.

this offseason:

hire ash at DC. He cant be any worse and we can get him on the cheap

hire Harrell at OC

hire Gideon for ST coach

its not that fucking hard to win at Texas

Edited by GreenspointTexas

12 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

There is a time for the discussion about losing our morals and cheat like SECx3 et al.   That time is when we have been to the CFP many times and keep losing.

The cheating talent deficit is irrelevant when talking about a loss to TCU and needing a fucking kicker to save us against Kansas.     

The coaching is unacceptable.    

Firing coaches with huge buyouts is a problem.  Cheating is less expensive.  Ohio State is all in, they succeed with any bum off the street.

Just for the fun of it, hire Urbs as HC, Art Briles as OC, and whoever for defense because it won't matter.  Go huge on paying players.  Watch the titles roll in.

Edited by 2300 Nueces
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, mdmost said:

Because we hire a guy and then let him choose safe hires instead of insisting he get the best coaches available? Or because we go with the “hot name” instead of doing a more thorough search?

Serious question, are there examples where a new HC taken over at a school and brought in a whole staff of proven big name assistants with them? Seems like assistants who are doing amazing at P5 schools leaving to take the same position elsewhere isn’t really a thing that happens much, you’re either giving a chance to an up-and-coming “hot name” who was a G5 coordinator or whatever, or snagging someone experienced who has had some failures at previous stops.

Honestly, same with head coaches. Who was available after 2016 who wasn’t “unproven” and/or toting a resume with plenty of “red flags” that could easily be pointed to as proof the hire was doomed from the start if it didn’t work out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Smith2 said:

it's not hard at all:

1. coach

2. QB

3. Talent

You have to have 4-5 stars in the two-deep roster, not just starters.  when OU and Texas show up, they'll get the other teams best chance. You show up with a lack of focus, decimated by injures, hurt QB, you're gonna lose.  

Hi Michelle 

9 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Without the conference titles. 

We've also yet to see if Herman is truly the ace recruiter we've been told he is. So far the only real stud he's recruited and put into the pros is Ed Oliver, and that was a straight-up fluke. Everybody knew it was a fluke at the time, Oliver basically said it was a fluke himself, Oliver has said he regretted the decision since then, and we've yet to see any other Herman-recruited players light up the NFL or even the Big 12. Yes, his classes have ranked well, but with each passing year I lose more and more faith in recruiting rankings, especially for Texas schools. It's been said before and tends to get negged when it does, but more and more it seems true that Texas HS football is overrated. I just don't think you can accurately say that all those high-ranked but ultimately disappointing classes that Mack "Mr February" Brown signed could be chalked up to shitty development once they got on campus. I am beginning to believe that they just weren't really that good to begin with.

Say what you will about Mackovic -- when he was canned, he richly deserved it -- but he really did leave a stacked program behind talent-wise. Aside from Akers, no new coach in the post-Royal era had as much to work with on arrival as Mack did when he started out.

9 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Akers had a decent run for about 7 years

Royal hired Brown basically

if we cared about football we would not hire a coach who had one 7 win year at Tech,  one who was a failed HC at Illinois, and 2 G5 coaches that want to bring along all their flunky friends.

maybe CDC will show us something but my guess is he'll ride the herm train until the wheels fall completely off in 2 years....cause We're Texas

"Failed HC at Illinois" is a little strong. Mackovic had a 10-2 season there and had the Illini in bowls consistently back when that meant something. Not much, but something. However, it should have been abundantly clear to the BMDs and Dodds that Mackovic was too much of a raging asshole after his stint at KC. He was fired there after a playoff loss when the players mutinied and won Lamar Hunt over to their side in the process. Mackovic did have a tendency to fall upwards, though, as his teams tended to have their peak years a year or two before he left for greener pastures, as at Illinois and Wake Forest, where he went from 8-4 Coach of the Year in 1979 to 5-6 the next year and gone after that. 

26 minutes ago, 2300 Nueces said:

2.  Consolidate the number of P5 teams in Texas.  Texas talent is too diluted.  We need to cull some lesser schools and truly get our pick.  To get this done we would need to cheat like hell and drive other Texas schools into the gutter.  See #1.

Yep. A few years before he died, Dan Jenkins said words to the effect that no matter how many P5 schools there were in Texas, our high schools would be able to stock them with talent. That might have been somewhat true when Jenkins was a young man, when almost all of our top talent stayed in-state, and that talent was really only divvied up between a few of the SWC schools, but it sure hasn't been the case since the 1980s, when OOS schools started plundering our blue-chips, and it really isn't true now that we have both continued raids from OOS schools AND all those FCS schools too. Same thing is going on in Florida: now that they have all those non-G5 schools, the days of Miami, FSU, and Gata all being dominant year-in and year-out are over. 

9 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

I remember LSU fans disappointment at having to basically settle for coach O. At the time, everyone else in the big 12 feared that Texas was gonna curb stomp Baylor, TCU, etc. for the foreseeable future and that LSU was gonna settle into a decade of irrelevancy.

In an alternative reality, Texas would have money whipped Briles the day after 2013's 30-10 loss in Waco instead of hiring Strong, ESPN wouldn't have shined the flashlight on his bad character recruiting, and yall would have a string of playoff/championships. Cause that dude can flat out coach offense, morals be damned.

I always wonder about that last scenario.

I was dreading aggy hiring Briles back when they hired Sherman instead. I kinda wanted him in Austin, TBH, but there was no way that was happening in 2007. And yes, the dude can flat out coach, and also yes, certainly the conference titles and possibly NCs would have rained on Austin like, um, actual rains on Houston. 

HOWEVER, that media conspiracy theory of yours is complete and utter bullshit and there is no way in hell a Briles program in Austin would have been able to get away with what Briles did in Waco, not even with prime Joe Jamail acting as a cleaner. ( Which he would not have done for crimes of that nature.) Shit, we had guys like Robert Joseph doing their civic duty by robbing drug dealers and they got booted from the team. Recruiting was never the same after that -- Mack confined his scope to milk and cookie boys after the Port Arthur types proved a little too trill for his taste, and our classes and performance went in the toilet. 

This is the best place I could think to put this, choosing not to start yet another thread.....

We are simply repeating our entire post DKR history:

Mack was Fred Akers+. He gets the “+” because he exceeded Fred, but fizzled in almost the same fashion after his peak (we simply jettisoned Fred more quickly because we had a losing season - back when that was unheard of).

David McWilliams was Charlie Strong. A decent but not great, or even good, collector of talent who accidentally won a few big games. Fans, boosters, Admin all WANTED him to be successful. But in the final analysis he was in way over his head and the entire program was a train wreck.

Then came John Mackovic, the “anti-David McWilliams.” A cold, calculating administrative guru (so we thought) who had some measure of success (overblown) elsewhere and who would upgrade and modernize our culture. Problem is, he was an asshole who everyone hated, and after being teased a few years with some NFL caliber offensive talent, failure to win with a generational icon at RB finally did him in.

If Herman is our Mackovic, then we’ll dick around with 3 more years of “almost” seasons, maybe a win or even two against OU, perhaps back into a Conference Championship with an 8-4 regular season (and lose the bowl game and be 9-5).

Then when we finish 6-6, we’ll hope we find the next Mack Brown (the middle years version).

So...in answer to the question in the Thread title: It’s what we do.

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Texas is never going to be the program that goes all in on football, mainly because in the end, it's just football.

It has in the past and it might in the future. Ever since there has been a UT there has been a power struggle between the football donors and the academics donors behind the scenes. It's kind of a proxy between right vs left. (No CR) My great-grandfather was registrar (among other positions) back in the 1910s-1930s and he'd lose his job when the football side would gain ascendancy and get it back when the academics side won out. He was born too early to give much of a shit about football -- it wasn't even a thing when he was a kid in 1870s Bosque County. 

13 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

This is the best place I could think to put this, choosing not to start yet another thread.....

We are simply repeating our entire post DKR history:

Mack was Fred Akers+. He gets the “+” because he exceeded Fred, but fizzled in almost the same fashion after his peak (we simply jettisoned Fred more quickly because we had a losing season - back when that was unheard of).

David McWilliams was Charlie Strong. A decent but not great, or even good, collector of talent who accidentally won a few big games. Fans, boosters, Admin all WANTED him to be successful. But in the final analysis he was in way over his head and the entire program was a train wreck.

Then came John Mackovic, the “anti-David McWilliams.” A cold, calculating administrative guru (so we thought) who had some measure of success (overblown) elsewhere and who would upgrade and modernize our culture. Problem is, he was an asshole who everyone hated, and after being teased a few years with some NFL caliber offensive talent, failure to win with a generational icon at RB finally did him in.

If Herman is our Mackovic, then we’ll dick around with 3 more years of “almost” seasons, maybe a win or even two against OU, perhaps back into a Conference Championship with an 8-4 regular season (and lose the bowl game and be 9-5).

Then when we finish 6-6, we’ll hope we find the next Mack Brown (the middle years version).

So...in answer to the question in the Thread title: It’s what we do.

this is exactly what I have been telling people.  its why I want to move on from Herman as fast as possible.  He wasn't ready and just brought his buddies like Charlie.  He thought orlando would be good enough given his offensive capabilities and if I;m honest his O has been pretty average. 

well Tom, we fucked up, we trusted you...bye.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dcar00 said:

yep.  we hired a guy who when asked(if he was asked)said I'm bringing Houston to Texas(except for Major) or I'm not coming and will go to LSU.  Herman had no idea who the best coaches were that he thought he could get, he had to bring sycophants because the guy had never had a real HC gig in a real conf.

we didn't ask the right questions we just panicked thinking we wouldn't have a date to the dance.  We're Texas but don't really act like Texas.  we kowtow to shitty coaches because we don't know how to prepare to do what needs to be done.

this is mackovic all over again, arrogant, offensive coach who doesn't know dick about being a HC at a big time program.  He's done.  the question is if it will go another 2 years like it did with mackovic.

So history is repeating itself. Unfortunately that means winner that can't beat rival is next choice. I will take the NC but 2 conference crowns in 16 years sucked.

McWilliams = Strong (Liked but over their heads)

Mackovic = Herman (Arrogant and fan base must accept my genious. No defense ever.)

Brown = ??

Let's go get Harbaugh he fits the bill.

22 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this is exactly what I have been telling people.  its why I want to move on from Herman as fast as possible.  He wasn't ready and just brought his buddies like Charlie.  He thought orlando would be good enough given his offensive capabilities and if I;m honest his O has been pretty average. 

well Tom, we fucked up, we trusted you...bye.

You need to hope we have a losing season. 

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You need to hope we have a losing season. 

I'm not going to hope for that but unbelievably it actually has a shot of happening(low but a shot).  Tech is the only game where Tom "might" be the better coach and have the better team.

I also realize that I don't think CDC has the balls enough to fire herman this year even with a losing season.  I also realize its not his complete call to make but he has to get the ball rolling.

I wanted herman to be the guy but he's not. he's done. only a matter of time.  His O is getting figured out and Orlando's D certainly has been and he has no idea how to adjust.

the one thing herman has going for him is he plays good teams close(so far) and doesn't get blown out like Charlie did on the reg.

Edited by dcar00

3 hours ago, John Smith2 said:

it's not hard at all:

1. coach

2. QB

3. Talent

Hi Michelle.  

17 hours ago, Blotto said:

We're gonna have to sacrifice the LHN to get our mojo back. Ever since that thing launched our athletic department's "our shit don't stink" attitude has done nothing but breed incompetence. Plus I won't have to listen to Galindo's retarded blabbering. 

Fuck that.  I don’t want to give up watching the non-revenue sports.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I think he is very talented and has everything you want your head coach to when it comes to image, recruiting, fan engagement, etc. He is in his early 40s so he is going to get better you have to assume. I didn’t think much of Orgeron but look at what he has done with their offense. He understood that LSU needed a good QB for once and a young OC with a modern college offense. He did that and you see the results this year. Once the season is over, Tom is going to have a similar realization when it comes to the defense and we are going to hopefully get  a boost in 2020.

We need the fucking boost on offense, too.

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

We've also yet to see if Herman is truly the ace recruiter we've been told he is. So far the only real stud he's recruited and put into the pros is Ed Oliver, and that was a straight-up fluke. Everybody knew it was a fluke at the time, Oliver basically said it was a fluke himself, Oliver has said he regretted the decision since then, and we've yet to see any other Herman-recruited players light up the NFL or even the Big 12. Yes, his classes have ranked well, but with each passing year I lose more and more faith in recruiting rankings, especially for Texas schools. It's been said before and tends to get negged when it does, but more and more it seems true that Texas HS football is overrated. I just don't think you can accurately say that all those high-ranked but ultimately disappointing classes that Mack "Mr February" Brown signed could be chalked up to shitty development once they got on campus. I am beginning to believe that they just weren't really that good to begin with.

Say what you will about Mackovic -- when he was canned, he richly deserved it -- but he really did leave a stacked program behind talent-wise. Aside from Akers, no new coach in the post-Royal era had as much to work with on arrival as Mack did when he started out.

"Failed HC at Illinois" is a little strong. Mackovic had a 10-2 season there and had the Illini in bowls consistently back when that meant something. Not much, but something. However, it should have been abundantly clear to the BMDs and Dodds that Mackovic was too much of a raging asshole after his stint at KC. He was fired there after a playoff loss when the players mutinied and won Lamar Hunt over to their side in the process. Mackovic did have a tendency to fall upwards, though, as his teams tended to have their peak years a year or two before he left for greener pastures, as at Illinois and Wake Forest, where he went from 8-4 Coach of the Year in 1979 to 5-6 the next year and gone after that. 

Yep. A few years before he died, Dan Jenkins said words to the effect that no matter how many P5 schools there were in Texas, our high schools would be able to stock them with talent. That might have been somewhat true when Jenkins was a young man, when almost all of our top talent stayed in-state, and that talent was really only divvied up between a few of the SWC schools, but it sure hasn't been the case since the 1980s, when OOS schools started plundering our blue-chips, and it really isn't true now that we have both continued raids from OOS schools AND all those FCS schools too. Same thing is going on in Florida: now that they have all those non-G5 schools, the days of Miami, FSU, and Gata all being dominant year-in and year-out are over. 

I was dreading aggy hiring Briles back when they hired Sherman instead. I kinda wanted him in Austin, TBH, but there was no way that was happening in 2007. And yes, the dude can flat out coach, and also yes, certainly the conference titles and possibly NCs would have rained on Austin like, um, actual rains on Houston. 

HOWEVER, that media conspiracy theory of yours is complete and utter bullshit and there is no way in hell a Briles program in Austin would have been able to get away with what Briles did in Waco, not even with prime Joe Jamail acting as a cleaner. ( Which he would not have done for crimes of that nature.) Shit, we had guys like Robert Joseph doing their civic duty by robbing drug dealers and they got booted from the team. Recruiting was never the same after that -- Mack confined his scope to milk and cookie boys after the Port Arthur types proved a little too trill for his taste, and our classes and performance went in the toilet. 

To get the talent Briles needed here, he wouldn't have had to bend so many rules. And he would have challenged Saben for a bunch of years.

17 hours ago, Blotto said:

We're gonna have to sacrifice the LHN to get our mojo back. Ever since that thing launched our athletic department's "our shit don't stink" attitude has done nothing but breed incompetence. Plus I won't have to listen to Galindo's retarded blabbering. 

Came to post this, open to hearing other theories but this is the one thing that changed that would explain these odd results.

15 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

The point is that Perrin and the other alums/boosters should have been the adults in the room and they made the same choice as internet posters for similar reasons and with similar amounts of analysis.

I agree, it's humorous though because you are essentially saying, "we are fucking idiots, why would you listen to us?" which is a good point. This board is extremely emotional and an A.D. should do the opposite of anything we say should be done.

• Like 1