2020 Texas Offseason Thread: Herman's Hail Mary

texifornia

4 hours ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

Back in the 90's I had I a dark blue shirt with a burnt orange TEXAS across the front; it looked surprisingly and ridiculously good, but I'm still not sure what marketing expert came up with including a non-school-color

pretty sure I had that same shirt and it did look pretty good. but we aren't wearing it to play football in.

Back in the 90's I had I a dark blue shirt with a burnt orange TEXAS across the front; it looked surprisingly and ridiculously good, but I'm still not sure what marketing expert came up with including a non-school-color

Well, dark cyan blue is part of our primary colors of the university.

https://brand.utexas.edu/identity/color/

9 hours ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

In the 90s most of the stadium was in a color other than burnt orange.  I had a navy hat with block TEXAS in burnt orange and I loved that hat.

The shirt I miss most was a Republic of Texas shirt that was a knock off on the old school Banana Republic white pocket tee with a Longhorn on the back.  I would love to have that shirt again.

On 6/23/2020 at 7:25 AM, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

yooooooo i have the same shirt, i got it from goodwill lmaoooo i was looking for some clothes for our memorial day golden tee tournament and saw it so it was a must. I do get some weird looks sometimes. lol

pfnVsxUk_bigger.jpg     Brandon Marcello   @bmarcello

9h

My top 10 players in the #Big12 this season include a few quarterbacks (*imagine that*). I believe one of them might rocket from No. 10 to No. 1 by the end of the season. #Sooners #Longhorns #IowaState #okstate #gopokes #TCU

5h
(1/2) I just want to say ‘great job’ and ‘thank you’ to everyone in creative and social at Texas: @ChandlerFumin

3Osd1bZE_bigger.jpg   Matt Lange   @mattjlange
5h

(3/2) Typo -

7h
Breaking: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is closing bars and lowering restaurant occupancy back to 50%. This comes as Texas faces record-high coronavirus cases across the state.

17 hours ago, LTtxfan said:
7h
Breaking: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is closing bars and lowering restaurant occupancy back to 50%. This comes as Texas faces record-high coronavirus cases across the state.

Wheelchair Fail GIF by Cheezburger - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 6/25/2020 at 7:57 PM, LTtxfan said:

pfnVsxUk_bigger.jpg     Brandon Marcello   @bmarcello

9h

My top 10 players in the #Big12 this season include a few quarterbacks (*imagine that*). I believe one of them might rocket from No. 10 to No. 1 by the end of the season. #Sooners #Longhorns #IowaState #okstate #gopokes #TCU

Chuba Hubbard is so laughably overrated

12 hours ago, cdain3 said:

Ingram/Selvin
Bijan/Jamaal

Bijan is not a homerun guy like JC. But, if we're comparing him to a former Texas RB, I could see him as a Priest Holmes type. Very instinctive runner

Edited by Atticus
  • Like 1

Bijan is not a homerun guy like JC. But, if we're comparing him to a former Texas RB, I could see him as a Priest Holmes type. Very instinctive runner
Not comparing them as far as skill. Just by how Jamaal was so talented as an incoming freshman that Selvin's seniority didn't matter.

20 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Chuba Hubbard is so laughably overrated

Have you ever seen him play? He’s almost everything you could want in an RB. Fast, decisively cuts, finishes runs through contact, great vision. YPC average pretty evenly distributed through all 4 quarters so he’s not tiring out towards the ends of games either.

Not comparing them as far as skill. Just by how Jamaal was so talented as an incoming freshman that Selvin's seniority didn't matter.

It sort of did. Selvin started the first and last games of 05.

(I totally get what you’re saying, I’m just being contrarian)

There may be a lot of challenges right now, but the surge of glory a great Texas running back brings would make things right again.

after all, Edwin Simmons could have cured COVID, if not for back yard distractions.  From the roar for Wooster and Bertlsen to Leaks and Sir Earl.  Each pounded our fears and aggies and okies into the dirt during trying times!  From Vietnam through the gas crisis, Even Ricky carried us through hard times.

i mean how did you feel when Jamal broke that run on OUSUXs?  We were in the middle of the war on terror!  But hard running by a great Texas runner got us that moment.

what we need is a real Texas running back and our world will be ok again!  What I see gives me hope!🤘

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

There may be a lot of challenges right now, but the surge of glory a great Texas running back brings would make things right again.

after all, Edwin Simmons could have cured COVID, if not for back yard distractions.  From the roar for Wooster and Bertlsen to Leaks and Sir Earl.  Each pounded our fears and aggies and okies into the dirt during trying times!  From Vietnam through the gas crisis, Even Ricky carried us through hard times.

i mean how did you feel when Jamal broke that run on OUSUXs?  We were in the middle of the war on terror!  But hard running by a great Texas runner got us that moment.

what we need is a real Texas running back and our world will be ok again!  What I see gives me hope!🤘

While I like the enthusiasm, Charlie Strong found lots of interesting ways to lose games with D'Onta Foreman in the backfield.

• Like 2