CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

13 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

If I don't get back 1200 am I going to owe? Because I didn't get that much and I doubt it will be different next year. 

It should have no effect on what you owe or your refund for your 2020 taxes, whatever the case may be. It's technically a 2020 tax credit that you are getting early in the form of a direct payment. The early payment will be counted against the credit and zero out on your 2020 taxes.

At least that's what the internet is telling me. I could be very wrong.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Like 2

The most consequential failure involved a breakdown in efforts to develop a diagnostic test that could be mass produced and distributed across the United States, enabling agencies to map early outbreaks of the disease, and impose quarantine measures to contain them. At one point, a Food and Drug Administration official tore into lab officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, telling them their lapses in protocol, including concerns that the lab did not meet the criteria for sterile conditions, were so serious that the FDA would “shut you down” if the CDC were a commercial, rather than government, entity.

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It should have no effect on what you owe or your refund for your 2020 taxes, whatever the case may be. It's technically a 2020 tax credit that you are getting early in the form of a direct payment. The early payment will be counted against the credit and zero out on your 2020 taxes.

At least that's what the internet is telling me. I could be very wrong.

They're going to have to pass a 2nd relief bill before most people even get their checks. 

37 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

The most consequential failure involved a breakdown in efforts to develop a diagnostic test that could be mass produced and distributed across the United States, enabling agencies to map early outbreaks of the disease, and impose quarantine measures to contain them. At one point, a Food and Drug Administration official tore into lab officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, telling them their lapses in protocol, including concerns that the lab did not meet the criteria for sterile conditions, were so serious that the FDA would “shut you down” if the CDC were a commercial, rather than government, entity.

Elect a clown, expect a completely fucked up circus.

Why? What exactly is going to prevent red states from not allowing mail in ballots?

I’m cool with red states preventing mail in ballots.

By then hopefully only the olds will be on any kind of stay at home restrictions. If it’s harder for red state olds to vote?

Sounds good to me.

Florida is always super close - if a bunch of their olds can’t make it to the polls or vote by mail? That could literally make the difference between Florida going blue.

Sounds good to me.

Swing states like Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania all have Democratic governors. They’ll do the right thing.

Even Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, despite being a Republican, has been great and did the right thing regarding their primary and put his party affiliation aside.

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

The most consequential failure. And the easiest and cheapest one to fix is the failure to test.

We could easily fix that. But we won’t. Because trump thinks testing will make him look bad.

So we don’t.

And so ignorant sycophants like rush, Fox News, and our very own Anastasis make excuses for that ongoing failure.

They all contribute to the death and economic ruin.  And still spout their bullshit on. Raking in the profits. 

When will we decided enough is enough. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

And so ignorant sycophants like rush, Fox News, and our very own Anastasis make excuses for that ongoing failure.

I’ve consistently called out the testing strategy failure. You wallow in straw man delusion jimmy. Like a dipshit. 

4 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

I agree with Graham here.

We have sinned against God, and have elected the anti-Christ to be president of the once-strongest nation in the country.

We have turned our backs on God, and turned our face to the Orange God, the Gold Plated Calf who himself worships at the altar of teleological narcissism

According to the prophesy 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I’ve consistently called out the testing strategy failure. You wallow in straw man delusion jimmy. Like a dipshit. 

I’m not sure why you thinks name calling gets you anywhere. 

Testing is an ongoing major failure. Here in the atx we have more cases in the richest Austin zip codes. I wonder why that would be. 

10 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

We have sinned against God, and have elected the anti-Christ to be president of the once-strongest nation in the country.

We have turned our backs on God, and turned our face to the Orange God, the Gold Plated Calf who himself worships at the altar of teleological narcissism

100% agree

Completely off topic, but I'm really not interested in getting slorch'd on DT, and most of you assholes seem reasonably intelligent if likely drunk:

What's the go-to means for getting a grocery delivery in Austin?  I've never once had anything delivered but pizza.  I'm now seeing that I need to buy a couple hundred dollars of basics, since we're burning through our pantry and freezer, and I really don't want to spend an hour at the grocery store, masked up or not.  Do I go through HEB proper or enlist some service or what?

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Completely off topic, but I'm really not interested in getting slorch'd on DT, and most of you assholes seem reasonably intelligent if likely drunk:

What's the go-to means for getting a grocery delivery in Austin?  I've never once had anything delivered but pizza.  I'm now seeing that I need to buy a couple hundred dollars of basics, since we're burning through our pantry and freezer, and I really don't want to spend an hour at the grocery store, masked up or not.  Do I go through HEB proper or enlist some service or what?

heb.com is easy to use, might be a wait though

costco.com also delivers 

instacart

favor 

Most HEBs here are almost two weeks out on curbside and delivery.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Pretty much every HEB in the area is almost two weeks out on curbside and delivery. You can check every day to see if someone cancels and opens up a slot. Yesterday, I got a curbside spot at the Riverside HEB for this coming Friday. You can probably get some essentials through Instacart or Favor, but I'm not sure if they'll deliver a week's worth of groceries.

6 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

Wanna bet he or his kids own stock in the company that makes it? 

Surprised he hasn't said one of the cures is watching old syndicated episodes of the Apprentice.

And here's more to the story. What a fucking antichrist we have as president: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-guidance-exclu/exclusive-pressed-by-trump-u-s-pushed-unproven-coronavirus-treatment-guidance-idUSKBN21M0R2

• Like 1

Just now, freyguy said:

So when do we get to reenact what the Italians did to Mussolini and his goons?

Maybe if we truly end up with something far worse than the Great Depression. It would take some unparalleled mass suffering for Americans to even think about taking their betters to account. 

• Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Ginni Thomas gave him the list.

"Perfect" transcript. So he took this whistleblower. Why was this whistleblower...never came in to see me. Took it to Congress. It was all about the conversation. We offered to show him the conversation. Well, it (charges) was a fraud, I didn't say that."

"Where's the second whistleblower? Where did he go? After they saw they transcript they just went away. Where's the informer?"

and once again, trump is able to rewrite history. impeachment ended two months ago. seems like 3 years. but somehow he’s still claiming it’s about a perfect phone call, and so much other shit is going on, that it gets lost in the confusion. again. 

and it bothers me that it bothers me. 

6 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Not only that, the chemtrail folks would be running their theories 24/7 that the Covid was being sprayed by the airlines.

Come to think of that, I've not seen anything from the Q folks tying chemtrails and Covid together.  I sense an opportunity.  

Has that piece of shit Alex Jones claimed the dead are crisis actors yet?

Edited by Grade of D as in David