CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

19 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Also amazing how he limited his comments to a specific rumor about the US Army from one source.

Hell, just one or two minutes with Google also makes it clear that there are other well reported instances of colonists giving smallpox blankets to Native Americans as a form of biological warfare.

Seems to me Donkey isn't an honest person. Quelle surprise. 

He's part of the troll brigade that has hijacked our dialogue at least since 2016. Whether he's a professional spewing misinformation for pay, or a citizen spewing it for fun, the results are indistinguishable from each other. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Anti-vaxxers are morons.  Especially the people who say they have the right to choose.  Your right to choose is fucking with my ability to live my life.  

When can we sue the anti-vax rumor mongers?  Seriously, there should be consequences for spreading lies and bullshit.

It's my body, I have the right to choose! - Abortions, that literally kill.

It's my body, I have the right to choose! - No you don't! Pro-choice people.

• Fuck You 20

2 minutes ago, Pods said:

Fuck off troll

First off, every accusation is a confession and I see you are trying to troll. Nice, but no thanks.

Secondly, funny how you call out that something is a myth and not true and people respond to being educated with "but you didn't even know about Emmett Till until you educated yourself and thanked someone for giving you a link to read!!! IDIOT!". Very funny and trollish.

Thirdly, I am not wrong. Pro-Choice people are guaranteeing a death, at a 1:1 linear ratio. That's a sunk cost with being able to say "it's my body, I can do what I want". People who don't want to vax are potentially or theoretically killing people, I think the argument is, and that is potentially or theoretically somewhere between a linear and exponential ratio (though I've yet to see the hard data around what it actually is, as a theory). And these deaths are because of someone saying "it's my body, I can do what I want". 

If you aren't a troll, answer this: How is it different? 

• Fuck You 15

15 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I’m so confused here. Are these supposed to be quotations? And are you quoting “abortions” as if that is a thing that could talk? And if so, is it your understanding that abortions are pro-choice and believe that they, abortions, have bodies?

And are you quoting “pro-choice people” arguing with themselves? 

I mean… what the fuck is that pile of random, sloppy gibberish supposed to mean?

Edited by BrickHorn

Just now, BrickHorn said:

I’m so confused here. Are these supposed to be quotations? And are you quoting “abortions” as if that is a thing that could talk? And if so, is it your understanding that abortions are pro-choice and believe that abortions have bodies?

And are you quoting “pro-choice people” arguing with themselves? 

I mean… what the fuck is that pile of random, sloppy gibberish supposed to mean?

Troll!!!11111eleven

• Fuck You 13

Just now, Pods said:

Anyone who attempts to engage him knows exactly what you are getting in response, a bad faith deflection while people are fucking dying. 

And apparently you are an emotional wreck and besides you, I don't know who needs to hear this, but you are a good guy just having a bad day. I forgive you for your ignorance and foolishness.

• Fuck You 18

23 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Disease kills people and people like you are currently killing many more people including children with your ignorance and stupid and frankly evil takes. I realize you don’t give a shit. 

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, Pods said:

Anyone who attempts to engage Donkey Cigars knows exactly what you are getting in response, a bad faith deflection while people are fucking dying. 

Pithily stated. I don’t ignore folks because it is satisfying to just scroll on past.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Punctuation
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

And apparently you are an emotional wreck and besides you, I don't know who needs to hear this, but you are a good guy just having a bad day. I forgive you for your ignorance and foolishness.

Go fuck yourself with your condescending troll bullshit. You should be negged off this board for this post alone. Troll. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Thanks to trolls peddling bad faith disinformation over 600,000 Americans are dead. Family and friends of people on this board. 

A bunch more are about to die needlessly and these fuckers still think it's cute to try to use the same bullshit tactics. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Disease kills people and people like you are currently killing many more people including children with your ignorance and stupid and frankly evil takes. I realize you don’t give a shit. 

I'm fully vaccinated and get tested once a week at work. But tell me more why people like me (fully vaxxed and committed and submitting to weekly tests) are killing many more children than people literally killing babies. Under the same exact argument. (e.g. My body, my choice).

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 20

1 minute ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I'm fully vaccinated and get tested once a week at work. But tell me more why people like me (fully vaxxed and committed and submitting to weekly tests) are killing many more children than people literally killing babies. Under the same exact argument. (e.g. My body, my choice).

With your false posts. It’s what you are paid to do. Spread disinformation and people die. Your fake persona is meaningless. Hope the money is worth it. Killer. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Go fuck yourself with your condescending troll bullshit. You should be negged off this board for this post alone. Troll. 

He's been negged off this board before obviously, probably multiple times. Negging them off the board just lets them resurface under a new persona for a while, like GRUHorn keeps doing. Hell, donkey could well be GRUHorn, or someone else working with him. I don't know, or give a shit. Whether he's in an office in Macedonia, or a home office in Sugarland, the results are equally destructive for our country. 

It's the tactics we need to start shouting down in unison. Bad faith actors get dunked on, not seriously responded to. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

With your false posts. It’s what you are paid to do. Spread disinformation and people die. Your fake persona is meaningless. Hope the money is worth it. Killer. 

I'm on record as saying that while I would hate for the government to control or force something into a persons body, I think if you are NOT vaccinated then you should be means tested and if you CANNOT prove you have the insurance or the liquid means to pay for a worst case, extended stay (or death) in a hospital and NOT be a further drain on the tax paying community, you should be expected to undergo weekly testing or a vaccination. Your choice.

That said, I took umbrage with someone saying "unvaccinated people are cramping my lifestyle, man! F off with their "its my body my choice argument"" when that same argument is being used to do a bit more than cramp unborn lifestyles.

Perhaps that was wrong of me and I should have posted that conversation in a different thread. If I was wrong in cross-posting, I'm sorry. But I stand by my comments. 

In sum, I am NOT anti-vax. I don't want others to be anti-vax. I just wanted to call out a hypocrisy.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 14

1 minute ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I'm on record as saying that while I would hate for the government to control or force something into a persons body, I think if you are NOT vaccinated then you should be means tested and if you CANNOT prove you have the insurance or the liquid means to pay for a worst case, extended stay (or death) in a hospital and NOT be a further drain on the tax paying community, you should be expected to undergo weekly testing or a vaccination. Your choice.

That said, I took umbrage with someone saying "unvaccinated people are cramping my lifestyle, man! F off with their "its my body my choice argument"" when that same argument is being used to do a bit more than cramp unborn lifestyles.

Perhaps that was wrong of me and I should have posted that conversation in a different thread. If I was wrong in cross-posting, I'm sorry. But I stand by my comments. 

What a bunch of ridiculous fairyland crap. Means testing if no vaccine? Weekly testing? Fuck off evil troll. Your post is ridiculous and we all know it. 

And stop with the condescending apologies. You’re being a complete ass, so at least own up to it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The abortion impacts NO ONE but the woman who has it.  The baby isn't alive.

Not taking a vaccine impacts everyone else.  Your body becomes an absolute germ factory where mutation is likely to occur.  You pass on the illness to others.

You are a disingenous shitbag to even try and equate the two.  What I would expect from a Trumpy idiot.

You're not wrong, but please don't engage and turn this thread into version #1960234 of the fetus/baby debate. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The abortion impacts NO ONE but the woman who has it.  The baby isn't alive.

Not taking a vaccine impacts everyone else.  Your body becomes an absolute germ factory where mutation is likely to occur.  You pass on the illness to others.

You are a disingenous shitbag to even try and equate the two.  What I would expect from a Trumpy idiot.

He knows all of that and is specifically saying it because he knows it will trigger people and derail the conversation. It's intentional, bad faith deflection to troll and derail a topic with literal life and death implications. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

You're not wrong, but please don't engage and turn this thread into version #1960234 of the fetus/baby debate. 

I agree.  But it needed to be said since he tries to make the argument to be cute.  It is similar to equating violence during the BLM protests to the Insurrection.  It is complete horseshit and should be called out as such.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

Alright, clearly I am the idiot here and everyone else is happy to be on the same page, so I'll be gracious and bow out here. Pods, anyone else who has lost someone due to Covid-19, I'm sincerely sorry for any losses you guys have had. 

The one thing I think will be good--or if not good, at least interesting-- is to see if our move to the SEC is going to force some of you people to engage with others who think and act a bit differently than you, as we get new posters. It would be healthier for a lot of you to attempt considerations and engage in the higher order thinking that is necessary to converse with those who have fundamental counter beliefs and points.

• Fuck You 20

4 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Going on a neg spree when you’re at +250 is very ambitious. 

He's a known commodity as a troll, so the donkey cigars account isn't valuable to him anymore. He's working his other sock accounts that will replace it and will be back with exactly the same tactics. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Jesus fucking christ. 

This clearly isn't the board, intellectually speaking,  for you.

Take your shit to aggy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Yes.  It was wrong of you.  Wrong thread (which is why I negged you).  Save your abortion comments for another thread.

In sum, I am NOT anti-vax. I don't want others to be anti-vax. I just wanted to call out a hypocrisy.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952f874f62d0286c21fbd

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Jesus fucking christ. 

This clearly isn't the board, intellectually speaking,  for you.

Take your shit to aggy.

Take your shit to Aggy! - Typing, that literally insults.

Take your shit to Aggy! - You can’t tell me what to do. Message board poster.

Checkmate, libtard.

• Haha 1

The culture war is the worst. The pro-life position should be extremely pro-mask and extremely pro-vaccine.  If you're advocating regulating doctor/patient interactions during pregnancy like the typical pro-life position does, then surely you should be advocating vaccine and mask mandates. Anything less is rejecting the culture of life. If life is the concern, then life should be the concern. You save lives where and when you can. 

In this case, the pro-life movement should be the loudest advocates for aggressive COVID policies -- they certainly aggressively advocate for similarly or more intrusive anti-abortion measures. The pro-life movement has had their chance to advocate forcefully for their culture of life, but they failed miserably in search of meaningless gotcha moments. And since there's significant overlap between pro-lifers and the American church, the American church was given the greatest opportunity in generations to act out the Gospel and instead laying down their lives and picking up their crosses, they've largely chosen to lay down the cross and take up arms in the culture war.

This need to win internet argument points by using the words of the other side to point out their hypocrisy rather than advocate for a coherent set of beliefs is due to the madness of the culture war. It's the worst. Stop it.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Alright, clearly I am the idiot here and everyone else is happy to be on the same page, so I'll be gracious and bow out here. Pods, anyone else who has lost someone due to Covid-19, I'm sincerely sorry for any losses you guys have had. 

The one thing I think will be good--or if not good, at least interesting-- is to see if our move to the SEC is going to force some of you people to engage with others who think and act a bit differently than you, as we get new posters. It would be healthier for a lot of you to attempt considerations and engage in the higher order thinking that is necessary to converse with those who have fundamental counter beliefs and points.

spit take GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Mole said:

The culture war is the worst. The pro-life position should be extremely pro-mask and extremely pro-vaccine.  If you're advocating regulating doctor/patient interactions during pregnancy like the typical pro-life position does, then surely you should be advocating vaccine and mask mandates. Anything less is rejecting the culture of life. If life is the concern, then life should be the concern. You save lives where and when you can. 

In this case, the pro-life movement should be the loudest advocates for aggressive COVID policies -- they certainly aggressively advocate for similarly or more intrusive anti-abortion measures. The pro-life movement has had their chance to advocate forcefully for their culture of life, but they failed miserably in search of meaningless gotcha moments. And since there's significant overlap between pro-lifers and the American church, the American church was given the greatest opportunity in generations to act out the Gospel and instead laying down their lives and picking up their crosses, they've largely chosen to lay down the cross and take up arms in the culture war.

This need to win internet argument points by using the words of the other side to point out their hypocrisy rather than advocate for a coherent set of beliefs is due to the madness of the culture war. It's the worst. Stop it.

The problem is that no one who claims to be “pro-life” actually gives a shit about human life. It’s all an act. More like performance art than a belief system. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

The problem is that no one who claims to be “pro-life” actually gives a shit about human life. It’s all an act. More like performance art than a belief system. 
That's not true. I have a few friends that are pro life and believe so strongly in it they held their nose and voted for trump. They give a shit ton to charity and do mission trips to El Salvador yearly. Put the maids kid through college.

I don't agree with them like I don't agree with Jehovah's Witnesses refusing blood transfusions and dying. But it's not an act.

22 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

That's not true. I have a few friends that are pro life and believe so strongly in it they held their nose and voted for trump. They give a shit ton to charity and do mission trips to El Salvador yearly. Put the maids kid through college.

Yeah, I have a few friends like that.  Some outright express disgust for Trump, others try to equivocate.  I'm not sure which group bothers me more.

26 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I don't agree with them like I don't agree with Jehovah's Witnesses refusing blood transfusions and dying. But it's not an act.

Is this a joke? There’s no chance Trump has never paid for an abortion for one of his mistresses before. How upset were these friends of yours when Trump reinstated federal executions and tried to get as many prisoners executed as he could before he left office? How bothered were they when Trump excused the Saudis’ butchery of Jamal Khashoggi as ‘just one life,’ or something to that effect? It was more important to him to make a huge arms deal with the Saudis. (Who pay him a lot of money at his properties and, as Trump said, “They pay cash.”)

Your friends are full of shit. My assertion stands. No decent person supports Donald Trump. Find new friends.

• Like 5