CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

30 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Or, they can.  They just choose not to.

No, because they think they've found the conspiracy or fake news or whatever, they think they are too smart to be bamboozled.

They are the guy, we'll call him Tom, who goes out with a group of four friends, while another friend is not able to make, and Tom is like "hey, you know what's his name, you know his wife is cheating on him, right?" and somebody says "I don't know Tom, what if your wife is cheating on you, would you know?" and Tom is all "Of course I would know if my wife was cheating on me bro, but she's not and she never would!"

Meanwhile, Tom's wife is currently cheating with three of the friends at the table, and they are all know it and there is an awkward pause as Tom looks around and says "what?"

Awkward Uh Oh GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

No, because they think they've found the conspiracy or fake news or whatever, they think they are too smart to be bamboozled.

They are the guy, we'll call him Tom, who goes out with a group of four friends, while another friend is not able to make, and Tom is like "hey, you know what's his name, you know his wife is cheating on him, right?" and somebody says "I don't know Tom, what if your wife is cheating on you, would you know?" and Tom is all "Of course I would know if my wife was cheating on me bro, but she's not and she never would!"

Meanwhile, Tom's wife is currently cheating with three of the friends at the table, and they are all know it and there is an awkward pause as Tom looks around and says "what?"

Awkward Uh Oh GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Very, very specific.

Dude, I think you owe it to Tom to tell him that you're porking his wife.

• Haha 3

That was weird. But whatever.

I don't want to post the tweet because it will amplify it further, but a tweet by Breitbart that is getting a lot of retweets has to do with three Border Patrol agents testing positive for COVID. Apparently the total number is now six. Not to make light of the illness, but the consistent drumbeat of 'it's the migrants' fault' has little play with me when I've seen so many social media accounts of Texans running around and getting up close and personal w/o masks and perhaps, vaccines. Coaching clinics, churches and church camps, bars and restaurants, student rush, new teacher conferences, and on and on. Mexico has been vaccinating migrants in border towns, so the idea that this virus is being spread at this great rate in Dumtit County by illegal immigrants instead of Cletus and Lurlene is laughable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

SIAP. Tax this guy's church; all he does is preach politics. I don't believe I heard the word "God" once in that clip. He may "not want their money" now, but if they pass on from not being vaccinated, he's going to find less in the offering plate.

Nice circus tent.

On 7/28/2021 at 3:47 PM, Anastasis said:

Where did @triplehorn go?  Hope that he is doing well, but with less quacking.

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD015017.pub2/full

Based on the current very low‐ to low‐certainty evidence, we are uncertain about the efficacy and safety of ivermectin used to treat or prevent COVID‐19. The completed studies are small and few are considered high quality. Several studies are underway that may produce clearer answers in review updates. Overall, the reliable evidence available does not support the use ivermectin for treatment or prevention of COVID‐19 outside of well‐designed randomized trials.

How have we gotten to a place in America in 2021 where neither hcq  nor ivermectin are approved or recommended to treat covid, but doctors are prescribing them together as part of a covid cocktail treatment? 

6 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

How have we gotten to a place in America in 2021 where neither hcq  nor ivermectin are approved or recommended to treat covid, but doctors are prescribing them together as part of a covid cocktail treatment? 

This is what happens Larry when psychiatrists dabble in infectious disease. 

walter2.gif?w=354

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Or, they can.  They just choose not to.

I think this is important. I think the vast majority of these people deep down know they are full of shit, but the reality they have built in their head keeps them on the train. I don’t think we should be looking at them as duped rubes anymore. I think they know what they are doing and are just horrible people. 

8 hours ago, justhookit said:

For sure. But Delta just got here. They have one entire confirmed case.

Anyway I’m not arguing with you at all, we agree. I just took offense to mchammer trying to say that I was referencing border/immigration policy, which I clearly wasn’t. I’m hardheaded, but I’m the only one that has avoided discussing politics at all in this conversation, which was pretty much my original point. Peace.

Checks forum.

Checks thread title.

But anxiety set in as the day went on and her campaign saw higher-than-expected turnout. Then, a couple hours before polls closed, her consultant, Matt Langston, got a call.

It was from a campaign worker at a polling place, and they said the kinds of voters who were showing up had “definitely changed.” How do you know that? Langston asked.

“Because they’re all wearing masks,” the worker replied.

I know it's awful that politics have infected the discussion of what should be a purely scientific one. But, it ain't both sides. 

Pointing out the correlation between a willingness to get vaccinated or wearing a mask and your place in the voting booth is done by both sides though.

Edited by cactusflinthead

13 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

I must have missed 60 Minutes. How did psychiatrists become part of this problem?

Reference to the board's biggest HCQ and horse paste proponent. 

Got nothing against psych's in general. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

People are literally eating this shit because they have broken brains and their brain damage is enabled by quacks.

image.thumb.png.09b82d96f7954258cfa05f6dc81b9452.png

Maybe Abemectin. Because it's for ag and pharma!

Hey, it kills spider mites...let's try a spoonful.*

I don't need that fancy schmancy monoclonal BS. I got some goat dewormer in a quart jug. No waiting, no copay. Hell, I even have a syringe. Don't mind the bits of hay. Wash it off over there with the hose if you're picky about being clean.

* stay the hell out of my chem storage

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

We have very broad discretion to prescribe meds off label, almost unlimited unless it’s a scheduled drug. 

I’ve never understood why hydroxychloroquine became a thing (other than its anti-inflammatory effects) but ivermectin makes sense

WRT ivermectin it blocks sars-cov-2 from entering the nucleus of host cells by inhibiting a subunit of a protein essential for delivery. The problem is the concentration needed for efficacy is several fold higher than the FDA approved dosage. At least one of the clinical trials will look at a nebulizer route to get more meds to the lungs without systemic side effects

It also inhibits IL-6 and other cytokines so theoretically can mitigate SIRS and ARDS which actually cause much of the morbidity and mortality from the virus 

at least one of the investigational drugs (maybe Pfizer) is based on ivermectin. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think this is important. I think the vast majority of these people deep down know they are full of shit, but the reality they have built in their head keeps them on the train. I don’t think we should be looking at them as duped rubes anymore. I think they know what they are doing and are just horrible people. 

Many just don't want to admit they are wrong.  Their egos have taken over, and they can't admit they were wrong about something this big.

DRl8D2ZW0AE2yXE.jpg

Edited by atomheartbevo

Not sure if true, from a corpus under ground news site

#BREAKING- Every hospital bed is full in our geographical area. All area hospitals are on divert for paramedics and even walk-ins, which means public hospitals cannot accept patients at this time. This includes Corpus Christi, Victoria, Kingsville, Beeville, and San Antonio. There are beds available, but no nursing staff for them at this time.

8 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

We have very broad discretion to prescribe meds off label, almost unlimited unless it’s a scheduled drug. 

I’ve never understood why hydroxychloroquine became a thing (other than its anti-inflammatory effects) but ivermectin makes sense

WRT ivermectin it blocks sars-cov-2 from entering the nucleus of host cells by inhibiting a subunit of a protein essential for delivery. The problem is the concentration needed for efficacy is several fold higher than the FDA approved dosage. At least one of the clinical trials will look at a nebulizer route to get more meds to the lungs without systemic side effects

It also inhibits IL-6 and other cytokines so theoretically can mitigate SIRS and ARDS which actually cause much of the morbidity and mortality from the virus 

at least one of the investigational drugs (maybe Pfizer) is based on ivermectin. 

Because trump latched onto it. Lied his fat ass off about it. And here we are.

• Like 2

And therein lies the problem. The unvaxxed knew they could flaunt reality because they thought the US healthcare system would save them. It's simply amazing to me that people are treating this like not ensuring your car against accidents. Oh sure, you might not ever need to use that insurance but when you have that wreck and your financial ass is on the line, you're going to wish you had just paid the f'ing money. This is one of the more infuriating aspects of this pandemic for me. This idea that why would I take the risk with an unproven vaccine when I can just get this and it's no big deal...until it is. Then you're relying on an already taxed healthcare system to save your ass with no concept of how it might affect your long term health and financially. I feel for the healthcare workers. It has to be incredibly frustrating to be constantly shit on by imbeciles who opt for the latest YouTube bullshit over the scientific community. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Sounds like one of them old open and shut 100 million dollar cases. 

hannity radio tomorrow : finally the liberal left wilL have to pay for their lies. Those lies have killed 100’s of thousands. President Trump pushed this from the beginning because he knew it was a winner, trump only backs winners !!!

this is the easiest open and shut case I’ve ever seen. !!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

“Whom” for the subject of the sentence. Two dollar signs, after the amount.

You know how I know that LadyPatriot is a stupid person trying to sound smart? (Or a Russian troll trying to sound American?)

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Not sure if true, from a corpus under ground news site

#BREAKING- Every hospital bed is full in our geographical area. All area hospitals are on divert for paramedics and even walk-ins, which means public hospitals cannot accept patients at this time. This includes Corpus Christi, Victoria, Kingsville, Beeville, and San Antonio. There are beds available, but no nursing staff for them at this time.

Not underground anymore.

https://www.kristv.com/news/local-news/nueces-co-judge-announces-nursing-shortage-limiting-hospital-capacity

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Don't be such a pussy.  If you truly think you have something to offer, say it.  Otherwise, leave.  Enough of the martyr complex.

Actually I do and I’ve said it before. While everyone whines about this and that, maybe we can do something constructive. Let’s put trauma babe  and her partners with a film crew in every tv area and have them film an intubation and then interview the family. Local news.  I’m all for scare tactics right now. Or we can continue to argue about Trump.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

“Whom” for the subject of the sentence. Two dollar signs, after the amount.

You know how I know that LadyPatriot is a stupid person trying to sound smart? (Or a Russian troll trying to sound American?)

"sueing"

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

hannity radio tomorrow : finally the liberal left wilL have to pay for their lies. Those lies have killed 100’s of thousands. President Trump pushed this from the beginning because he knew it was a winner, trump only backs winners !!!

this is the easiest open and shut case I’ve ever seen. !!!!

Why stop at 100 million? Let’s go for 100 billion while we’re at it. Make it worth the while!

30 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

A lot of chemicals overlap. You use sulfonylureas and I use them too. Organophoshates kill tater bugs and humans. Defense against a biological attack by introduced beetles of the German potato crop was the impetus for the discovery of Tabun and Sarin. 

Why did they latch onto HCQ and colloidal silver? Why is it easier to believe that thimerosal is ebil foisted on humanity to poison our children but merthiolate was the best Grandma stuff ever and why can't I get it?

Because Dunning-Kreuger

• Hook 'Em 3

I mean it worked for dwi’s so let’s get graphic. Put it out there with public service ads that say *THIS* is what might happen to you if you refuse the vaccine. Show what they do when they intubate. It ain’t pretty.

instead we argue over Fauci and the cdc and Trump. But I’m the bad guy here.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Have you ever told one of your patients to suck apple flavored horse paste out of a tube from tractor supply?

Cause that is the shit we are dealing with. 

Ivermectin had it's shake, so did HCQ. A lot of people wished they worked against COVID, including me.  There is no consistent evidence that they do.  I wish there was. 

I got that one today from 2 different people. After reading enough responses, I blocked them. Fucking Facebook. Unfortunately it’s the only way I can communicate with a few family members so I can’t delete it again.

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

People are literally eating this shit because they have broken brains and their brain damage is enabled by quacks.

image.thumb.png.09b82d96f7954258cfa05f6dc81b9452.png

A couple of months ago, I had a first (and only) date with someone who copped to actually injecting themselves with some sort of ivermectin IV solution. In my defense, I didn't know that I was agreeing to a date when I said I would meet with this person. She was very confused when I said no thanks to a drink at her place.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

A couple of months ago, I had a first (and only) date with someone who copped to actually injecting themselves with some sort of ivermectin IV solution. In my defense, I didn't know that I was agreeing to a date when I said I would meet with this person. She was very confused when I said no thanks to a drink at her place.

Confused Wait What GIF

10 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Yup. I was floored by one of the people that brought up the ivermectin. The other 0ne not so much.

15 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

I honestly don’t think that  I could deal with the covid dating scene. 

38 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

There's that moment in that sort of date where "I have made a mistake" collides with "but I do want one more beer."

In some parts of Arkansas, that is an unwise decision. Them folk get tired of eating rabbit. And, hell, them folk think if it's good enough for hog food, it's good enough for me to eat.

Arky is a scary place after dark. That's hungry country in them rice puddles. They send SisMom to harvest some food from a barstool. They make voodoo look like a church picnic. 

In Colorado, your biggest decision point is when someone suggests you both take a molly and chill together. Dangerous territory. Sometimes you walk in and there is already a party going on upon arrival - with full rigor.  Suburban madness.

(no shaming or judgment intended)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I honestly don’t think that  I could deal with the covid dating scene. 

I'm completely burnt out and dead inside, and the only thing that really adds spark to my life is chasing casual-ish sex with vaccinated cuties. And obv Delta has really fucked that up now. I live with a roommate because it's the only way I can live in Austin anywhere near a hospital I would want to work at, but she's sadly 100% straight.  

59 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

There's that moment in that sort of date where "I have made a mistake" collides with "but I do want one more beer."

I earned every goddam drink she bought me that night. I had to listen to some truly insane shit. Would go back to that place with another date, though. 8/10, would recommend based on location, environment, and quality of drinks.

• Hook 'Em 4