Jump to content
Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
Parliament

Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Recommended Posts

Sanders' campaign posted video of Rogan's reveal on Thursday night, which ultimately triggered some social media users.

One such person was leftist journalist Carlos Maza, who is well-known for attempting to "cancel" conservatives on social media, responded by saying, "Bernie's campaign cutting a campaign ad with Joe Rogan f***ing sucks. Rogan is an incredibly influential bigot and Democrats should be marginalizing him."

 

 

I very much disagree with his endorsement of Sanders, but I oddly respect him more for it. Not sure why.

 

https://www.theblaze.com/news/social-media-attempts-to-cancel-joe-rogan-after-his-bernie-sanders-endorsement

832c577c9e548be1b646e6358f7c1ceb.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I watch this guy's show (which I didn't before this kerfuffle), the more idiotic the liberal fury becomes.

Looking at the rogan subreddit, it's hilarious how many people like me are saying, "I never paid attention to this guy before, but... he's very different than what I was led to believe."

He has a cleaner voting record than most of this fucking message board.

He's got a cleaner voting record than one of the presidential candidates that I actually like.

If they keep this shit up I might end up a fucking Rogan subscriber.

[edit]

And I 100% identify with "I just look like a Republican" because I absolutely look like a Republican and people I don't know have always been very comfortable just assuming I share their regressive politics and ideology. lol

Edited by bad_teammate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

The more I watch this guy's show (which I didn't before this kerfuffle), the more idiotic the liberal fury becomes.

Looking at the rogan subreddit, it's hilarious how many people like me are saying, "I never paid attention to this guy before, but... he's very different than what I was led to believe."

He has a cleaner voting record than most of this fucking message board.

He's got a cleaner voting record than one of the presidential candidates that I actually like.

If they keep this shit up I might end up a fucking Rogan subscriber.

[edit]

And I 100% identify with "I just look like a Republican" because I absolutely look like a Republican and people I don't know have always been very comfortable just assuming I share their regressive politics and ideology. lol

 

He tends to be very agreeable with his guests regardless of their political opinions and doesn't really challenge people on many of their stances, so I think it's hard for some people to pinpoint his beliefs when he has conservatives on his show.  They see a meathead who's into MMA and hunting and assume he's right wing.  He does hold some conservative views and doesn't fall into party lines on every issue, but overall he's pretty liberal.

Edited by Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tom said:

He tends to be very agreeable with his guests regardless of their political opinions and doesn't really challenge people on many of their stances, so I think it's hard for some people to pinpoint his beliefs when he has conservatives on his show.  They see a meathead who's into MMA and hunting and assume he's right wing.  He does have some conservative views and doesn't fall into party lines on every issue, but overall he's pretty liberal.

That is the issue. The criticism of Rogan is that he provides a naive platform for extremists to share nonsense without being challenged.  He seems like a good guy with whom I agree on most political issues, but he’s also just a terrible journalist.  
 

His supporters point to free speech and being open-minded to ideas.  I also support both of those concepts, but neither requires silent acquiescence to crazy bullshit.  Or, even worse, handing a megaphone to the spouter of said bullshit. That’s what Rogan does, because vapid open-mindedness is his guiding principle.  He’s the podcast equivalent of pothead teenagers hearing off-the-wall metaphysical musings for the first time.  His guests spout off on some total bullshit, and Rogan just nods and says “Holy shit, that’s trippy, man.”
 

All that said, cancel culture is bullshit.  Especially when applying it to someone merely because they are willing to hear bad ideas.

Edited by BrickHorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I identify with a lot of this shit.

I'm over 6 feet tall, I'm white, I work in O&G, I live in Texas, I wear the most basic guy clothes (I would look beyond pathetic in the t-shirts of bands/musicians/rappers I like), I love guns, and I kill animals and eat them. My "let's go hunt for our own food" days are decades behind me, but I'm happy to kill some birds with my pride and joy Citori or a deer with my Remington 783. Hell I'll kill some hogs with one of my many ARs. I'll teach a kid how to snap a chicken's neck no problem.

No one looks at me and thinks,"That guy thinks we should radically redistribute wealth and provide free medical gender transitioning to every American who wants it. He thinks no one should ever have even CLOSE to a billion in any kind of assets or capital. He thinks every single job should pay a full living wage."

If someone comes up and starts saying some outlandish shit about politics I don't fight them forcefully, I try to lead the conversation to common ground because I NEVER am around people who agree with me.

(The Internet is where I like to spar.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I identify with a lot of this shit.

I'm over 6 feet tall, I'm white, I work in O&G, I live in Texas, I wear the most basic guy clothes (I would look beyond pathetic in the t-shirts of bands/musicians/rappers I like), I love guns, and I kill animals and eat them. My "let's go hunt for our own food" days are decades behind me, but I'm happy to kill some birds with my pride and joy Citori or a deer with my Remington 783. Hell I'll kill some hogs with one of my many ARs. I'll teach a kid how to snap a chicken's neck no problem.

No one looks at me and thinks,"That guy thinks we should radically redistribute wealth and provide free medical gender transitioning to every American who wants it. He thinks no one should ever have even CLOSE to a billion in any kind of assets or capital. He thinks every single job should pay a full living wage."

If someone comes up and starts saying some outlandish shit about politics I don't fight them forcefully, I try to lead the conversation to common ground because I NEVER am around people who agree with me.

(The Internet is where I like to spar.)

I'm really glad you shared that. I used to think you were a complete ass hat, but now I understand you are special, unique, and one-of-a-kind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

I'm really glad you shared that. I used to think you were a complete ass hat, but now I understand you are special, unique, and one-of-a-kind.

qEFnNIDIqlKMNEd2jF04X9lZjXfInb3XaFU3Q96C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't care less about Rogan. It's weird who ends up being even a limited opinion leader. I don't want the radio and TV waves filled with tiresome college types or persons otherwise qualified only by credentials. Rogan just doesn't seem to fit the bill as an idea guy.

I'd be all over a Henry Rollins talk show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

We are like 48 hours away from BT endorsing Rogan for President. 

tenor.gif?itemid=11786445

It's hard to say no to those promo codes.

Jamie, you got that clip of the little pug dog on the skateboard? Pull that up.

Edited by bad_teammate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom said:

 

He tends to be very agreeable with his guests regardless of their political opinions and doesn't really challenge people on many of their stances, so I think it's hard for some people to pinpoint his beliefs when he has conservatives on his show.  They see a meathead who's into MMA and hunting and assume he's right wing.  He does hold some conservative views and doesn't fall into party lines on every issue, but overall he's pretty liberal.

 

Ha, not true. He has a thing for Mary Jane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I identify with a lot of this shit.

I'm over 6 feet tall, I'm white, I work in O&G, I live in Texas, I wear the most basic guy clothes (I would look beyond pathetic in the t-shirts of bands/musicians/rappers I like), I love guns, and I kill animals and eat them. My "let's go hunt for our own food" days are decades behind me, but I'm happy to kill some birds with my pride and joy Citori or a deer with my Remington 783. Hell I'll kill some hogs with one of my many ARs. I'll teach a kid how to snap a chicken's neck no problem.

No one looks at me and thinks,"That guy thinks we should radically redistribute wealth and provide free medical gender transitioning to every American who wants it. He thinks no one should ever have even CLOSE to a billion in any kind of assets or capital. He thinks every single job should pay a full living wage."

If someone comes up and starts saying some outlandish shit about politics I don't fight them forcefully, I try to lead the conversation to common ground because I NEVER am around people who agree with me.

(The Internet is where I like to spar.)

Pretty much me except sub High Tech for O&G. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

That is the issue. The criticism of Rogan is that he provides a naive platform for extremists to share nonsense without being challenged.  He seems like a good guy with whom I agree on most political issues, but he’s also just a terrible journalist.  
 

 

Who said he was a journalist? He's an actor with a podcast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Joe will probably make a bunch of money off this. 

Mission Accomplished!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Who said he was a journalist? He's an actor with a podcast. 

So it's cool for Rogan to be an asshat who spews his opinions, but it's not cool for Meryl Streep to do the same?

Just trying to get a read on who we call an idiot and who we call principled.  I lose track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't care. I don't know why we expect Rogan to be a journalist just because he has a podcast, is all I'm saying. He can argue or not argue with his guests, whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

So it's cool for Rogan to be an asshat who spews his opinions, but it's not cool for Meryl Streep to do the same?

Just trying to get a read on who we call an idiot and who we call principled.  I lose track.

I’d say there are plenty of principled idiots in the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny thing is if a commie fuck like sanders was ever elected your freedoms would be cancelled. People who have seemingly no idea the ramifications of such ideology should be cancelled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, workswithseed said:

 

Ha, not true. He has a thing for Mary Jane.

Crowder is just a severe ass munch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

Funny thing is if a commie fuck like sanders was ever elected your freedoms would be cancelled. People who have seemingly no idea the ramifications of such ideology should be cancelled. 

blow it out your ass, fuckface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

Funny thing is if a commie fuck like sanders was ever elected your freedoms would be cancelled. People who have seemingly no idea the ramifications of such ideology should be cancelled. 

You’re up past your bedtime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

Funny thing is if a commie fuck like sanders was ever elected your freedoms would be cancelled. People who have seemingly no idea the ramifications of such ideology should be cancelled. 

Great input, Rush.  Stupid, but great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Great input, Rush.  Stupid, but great.

You sell it short. That was a rare feat of what’s called fractal wrongness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know enough about Joe to really have an opinion.  But him giving a platform and yucking it up with Alex Jones is pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, workswithseed said:

You can think that, but what did he say that was wrong?

Everything he has ever said or done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Parliament said:

I do wish he'd challenge his guests more. Seems he prefers to just give them a plarform.
 

The most likely answer is that he’s no where as knowledgeable on a subject as his guests. Not easy to challenge when your guest has more info, whether that info is valid or not.

When it’s a subject that he knows about (life as a stand up, working on a network show, mma, etc.) he’s not shy about challenging people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel sorry for the millions of people that let celebrities influence their daily lives. I suppose it's even worse now with YouTube stars, podcasts, Instagram, etc.



Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, workswithseed said:

You can think that, but what did he say that was wrong?

"The problem with marijuana legalization is that traffic fatalities go up in those states."

"No they don't.  They go down.  Here are multiple sources."

"Yeah, but I don't even care."

 

Also, he's a self-loathing, closeted homosexual incapable of concealing his gayness.  His gayness is busting him at the seams and that inner conflict manifests in bizarre energy and frustration.  He's an irritable queen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rogan's format and demeanor is a better way to cover topics and different issues than anything on any cable news network.  I can appreciate that.  I think his stand up is very mediocre.  And he insists on foisting Brendan Schaub's comedy on people.  Schaub can barely even talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chooky said:

"The problem with marijuana legalization is that traffic fatalities go up in those states."

"No they don't.  They go down.  Here are multiple sources."

"Yeah, but I don't even care."

 

Also, he's a self-loathing, closeted homosexual incapable of concealing his gayness.  His gayness is busting him at the seams and that inner conflict manifests in bizarre energy and frustration.  He's an irritable queen.  

Well at least you watched it. Yeah, not the best argument, but in the end he said I don't care if you smoke.

You can believe that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Well at least you watched it. Yeah, not the best argument, but in the end he said I don't care if you smoke.

You can believe that. 

 

CvLR2E_XYAARl1Q.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe6Zs1VFwNOdEMefO9DBh

C-dkwYgVYAAeU3g.jpg

C_V7xdkVwAEqE0T.jpg

l_6NhBN8_Tzqi54A4sqW8Jv-oQkNrpEzdtamDQGd

Screen-Shot-2017-01-27-at-5.17.50-PM.png

 

Your gay bashing hero is ... gay.

img.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chooky said:

CvLR2E_XYAARl1Q.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe6Zs1VFwNOdEMefO9DBh

C-dkwYgVYAAeU3g.jpg

C_V7xdkVwAEqE0T.jpg

l_6NhBN8_Tzqi54A4sqW8Jv-oQkNrpEzdtamDQGd

Screen-Shot-2017-01-27-at-5.17.50-PM.png

 

Your gay bashing hero is ... gay.

img.jpg

Oh no, Charlie Chaplin is a lover of Adolf since he dressed like him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

Oh no, Charlie Chaplin is a lover of Adolf since he dressed like him.

 

I might have thought that if Chaplin dressed like Hitler more than once.  Steven Crowder has put himself in a dress at least 50 times on his current show.  If Chaplin couldn't resist dressing like a nazi I'd eventually wonder if he sympathized with nazis.  And when it's not a dress for Crowder, it's some over the top S&M leather and shit.  He can't stop.  And like almost every conservative ideologue who devotes their time to anti-gay issues, we inevitably find them lodged on the end of a penis.  Multiple former employees of his show have stated that Crowder is straight up gay.  That would be fine, but it's kind of sad watching him repeatedly lash out at himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chooky said:

I might have thought that if Chaplin dressed like Hitler more than once.  Steven Crowder has put himself in a dress at least 50 times on his current show.  If Chaplin couldn't resist dressing like a nazi I'd eventually wonder if he sympathized with nazis.  And when it's not a dress for Crowder, it's some over the top S&M leather and shit.  He can't stop.  And like almost every conservative ideologue who devotes their time to anti-gay issues, we inevitably find them lodged on the end of a penis.  Multiple former employees of his show have stated that Crowder is straight up gay.  That would be fine, but it's kind of sad watching him repeatedly lash out at himself. 

 

He loves Cenk and Ana!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You found another video of Crowder in a dress!  It's endless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

You found another video of Crowder in a dress!  It's endless.

Woah, he's in a dress for a skit! That's not even a good argument.

He's also fat in it too. Must be his deep seething hatred that he can't be fat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pull up some more material from your Steven Crowder Dabbling In Homo Erotica archive and let's get this figured out.

Edited by Chooky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chooky said:

Pull up some more material from your Steven Crowder Dabbling In Homo Erotica archive and let's get this figured out.

Why? Do you want to join in on the Homo Erotica as well?

Seriously, in the end why do you even care if he was gay or not?

If he is, fine. If he isn't it's also fine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, pepper brooks said:

Funny thing is if a commie fuck like sanders was ever elected your freedoms would be cancelled. People who have seemingly no idea the ramifications of such ideology should be cancelled. 

God damn, do you actually have a degree from the University of Texas or any accredited institution of higher education?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At first you were resisting the notion that he's gay and now you're coming to terms with it and saying it doesn't matter.  I can now see why you're a Crowder fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chooky said:

At first you were resisting the notion that he's gay and now you're coming to terms with it and saying it doesn't matter.  I can now see why you're a Crowder fan.

I figured you say something of the sort.

I don't care if he's gay or not.

I do wonder why you dislike him so much if you think he's gay? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I do wonder why you dislike him so much if you think he's gay? 

What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...